• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter 2021 Feedback

Gypsy Grace

I just started playing FOE during the Halloween Event and didn't really get into that event much as I was getting the hang of the main game. I read up on the Winter Event, watched some videos on youtube, and got advice from my guildmates before it started. I went into EMA a week or so before the Winter Event started and I should've stayed IA for many reasons. I purchased a couple of the diamond specials that gave stars as well. Along with stars, this helped my castle system greatly!

The event has been good to me! I have one Winter Canal - Jolie in place and another one ready to go once I place my Traz next month. I have been able to get my Winter Train with a few upgrades and several cars along with a Winter Bakery (and a couple of upgrades) and two Sleigh Builders. The candles have also given me a couple of Wishing Wells and numerous SOK. The calendar gave out a few nice boosts, forge points, medals, goods, and another Rogue Hideout...I sell any 'duds' in the AD. I knew going in that I wouldn't be able to complete the calendar, but when I see the end prize that doesn't really bother me too much; two more canal upgrades that I don't need, parlor car (got one during the event), portrait (meh), forge points, and goods (sure, it would've been nice).

My only disappointment is the Event Hub Addition. Everyone that I know (various ages) has unlocked 6 days of 160% coin boost. Coins? Really? I have almost 4M now and I haven't even been trying. Is there a point in the game when coins become scare or something?

67Sage101

Not $30 to me. Free. 2995 Diamonds is 2-3 weeks worth of free Diamonds even with my casual playing style. Much less if you're in a top GBG guild.

So the only people supporting INNO are new players ...the ones that don't have max level CF and/or several diamond farming worlds. Yep that's me. The new player that doesn't have a high level CF and no diamond farm.

This kind of brag makes me think Inno needs to go to a monthly fee to keep if fair for everyone. I mean, is it really fair that 5 year players get the sleigh for free when the new players have to pony up cash for it? One more thing Inno could fix.

67Sage101

My only disappointment is the Event Hub Addition. Everyone that I know (various ages) has unlocked 6 days of 160% coin boost. Coins? Really? I have almost 4M now and I haven't even been trying. Is there a point in the game when coins become scare or something?

I agree with you on the Event hub. How could they think those reward would be attractive to anyone beyond the iron age on day one is beyond just about everyone. I can't figure it out. The worst thing, as you may have heard, was the event hub addition took up a spot on the quest line that used to give a building upgrade instead of unlocking the event hub. So now we need to get that upgrade some other way. The only thing I can think of is that it's for new players in bronze and iron ages. For everyone else the hub is useless. Well, ok, there was that one attack boost...that was nice. But the coins, and production boost....yea....please. Inno , please play your game and see what we are talking about please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pericles the Lion

So the only people supporting INNO are new players ...the ones that don't have max level CF and/or several diamond farming worlds. Yep that's me. The new player that doesn't have a high level CF and no diamond farm.

This kind of brag makes me think Inno needs to go to a monthly fee to keep if fair for everyone. I mean, is it really fair that 5 year players get the sleigh for free when the new players have to pony up cash for it? One more thing Inno could fix.
I've only been playing for 13 months. I do lots of GBG in my main world and have 4 IA towns where I farm to do GE. I collect an average of 1000 diamonds weekly. It's not difficult and doesn't take five years to get weaned from buying diamonds.

Last edited:

Graviton

Nothing to fix there. Spenders in some cases don't have to wait on certain things like free players do, and in other cases get extra stuff. Nothing "unfair" going on.

And yes, the Hub is relatively useless to most people, but we do occasionally have players who want things like trophies or somesuch so they can revel in their achievements. It really hasn't affected the ability of free players to get a fully-upgraded Event grand prize so I don't see a negative impact, there just isn't much of a positive impact for most of us. Meh.

Ebeondi Asi

I have mentioned before the way for the Event Hub to be of any value in any way at all would be to make the current prizes last a full year. Until the next year same Event is started.
Then the Event Hub prize might get a tiny bit more than endless scorn. As it is now the Event Hub is totally worthless, and ugly as can be too.
To my eye the Castle is designed and prizes thought up by programmers who play the game, and the Event Hub by folks who apparently never heard of the game, are all like minded relatives of the original Scrooge, and thought it up it after being given a lobotomy ... And if the fine folks who did design the Event Hub are angry about the comments? they should only be angry at themselves for making such a poor steaming pile, and vow to never make that sort of mistake again.

67Sage101

I've only been playing for 13 months. I do lots of GBG in my main world and have 4 IA towns where I farm to do GE. I collect an average of 1000 diamonds weekly. It's not difficult and doesn't take five years to get weaned from buying diamonds.
I've been playing for about 17 months. I just started my second world and it's in the IA. I'm not sure I'll make it to farming. It's already daunting enough to think about getting it up and running efficiently. Never mind three more. I gotta hand it to you multi world types. You have stamina.

Pericles the Lion

I've been playing for about 17 months. I just started my second world and it's in the IA. I'm not sure I'll make it to farming. It's already daunting enough to think about getting it up and running efficiently. Never mind three more. I gotta hand it to you multi world types. You have stamina.
I started my 4 IA cities at the same time and built them up simultaneously, so they pretty much are the same. Early on it was a grind but after 4 months it's become maintenance mode. A few GBs, goods buildings and houses, no barracks. Daily collection, put FPs on a few GBs, nego GE. Rinse and repeat.

Zatrikon

I play in two worlds. I went for key fragments each day in the Daily Challenge. And I searched for the keys among the presents, and stopped each day when/if I found it. I completed the questline for all the stars. I looked carefully for incidents to get more stars. I opened 17/32 calendar doors in one world, and 21/32 in the other.

Perhaps next year, some of the presents could contain key fragments. Perhaps these could replace some of the more useless presents, like Military Drummers and non-premium buildings. Even one key fragment would be worth more.

Sharmon the Impaler

I missed it by 2 days and did the same thing as you , it's just astronomically bad odds with the shuffle taking away all the reason for even trying

The Lord of Chaos

Can someone confirm if wishing wells will no longer be offered in the live events as a daily special? I know that they will be in most beta events to get the farmers to do thousands of quests on the live servers but i'm curious if they are being phased out for the most part?

P C C

I like that the Canal building design is not just attractive but similar to the bakeries from last year. I have areas of my city dedicated to different Events, where possible, and appreciate it when there is visual continuity across years so buildings fit nicely together. And I liked the new Parlor Car, as an additional option to the Winter Train.

Gypsy Grace

I missed it by 2 days and did the same thing as you , it's just astronomically bad odds with the shuffle taking away all the reason for even trying
I was 50/50 on the shuffle. When I got the daily prize that I was really wanting - I crossed fingers and toes that I'd hit shuffle and get to go for another. When I was close to clearing the board and hadn't hit the prize - I was praying that I wouldn't hit the shuffle! LOL :)

Well, I got a full building plus 3 extra pieces in each of my cities, including my infant IA city in Carthage. Super easy event overall.
I got 2 full Winter Canals in my main city plus extras that I sold at the AD. My second city missed level 10 by 18 candles. Do you think we'll see Canal upgrades as prizes in the Forge Bowl event coming up? (Newbie player here)

I like that the Canal building design is not just attractive but similar to the bakeries from last year. I have areas of my city dedicated to different Events, where possible, and appreciate it when there is visual continuity across years so buildings fit nicely together. And I liked the new Parlor Car, as an additional option to the Winter Train.
This artist playing in the EMA has been dying to add some color to her drab grey village for months...another reason I was delighted to add 2 Jolies!

Johnny B. Goode

I got 2 full Winter Canals in my main city plus extras that I sold at the AD. My second city missed level 10 by 18 candles. Do you think we'll see Canal upgrades as prizes in the Forge Bowl event coming up? (Newbie player here)
No, we won't see upgrades until next year's Winter Event. Then after that it should start showing up in the AD. Patience is a virtue in this game.