• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter 2021 Feedback

Emberguard

Plus the random prizes seem less this year than last? (On this 'm totally not sure, just they certainly are way less interesting to me..)
Last year:
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

This year:
IMG_2424.png

IMG_2423.png

Forge Points increased

Note: Screenshot from last year is in Late Middle Ages, screenshot from this year is in Progressive Era. So medals, coins and supplies will have scaled with age

LoveNkind

I
I'm playing on my new world and I just have to say again, since I've said it before I'm sure. The iron age quest line is too much. My tiny city struggles to make goods, coins and production. The first quest took 1/3 of my coins...8000. The next quest wants me to collect 6000 coins....but my next collection will only be 5000. The the production request in Iron age was 9 times. In my main world it was 11.

On my main world, I was able to blow past the first 5 quests in under 5 minutes. In the iron age I am stuck on quest 2 for at least 4 hours.
have noticed this, too. I think it is because many skilled players try a second world, and they stay in iron Age forever. They can blow thru these quests almost as easily as higher age players. But this situation is hard on new players. Maybe the devs could set the amounts by score instead of age, but that would be a lot of programming and a long time in Alpha and a while in Beta.

LoveNkind

OK, let's see...we get five stars (instead of the 10 during Beta testing) for completing each quest in the main quest line and, so I heard, 15 stars for each of the daily quests later (if Inno has not reduced that as well), plus a few hundred for daily connections and the milestone bonus; a little bird told me that we can expect a total of 1,170 stars over the course of this event, not counting the few from random incidents here and there. For an event that runs a total of 32 days, that's 36.5625 stars per day to spend on the very charmingly packaged presents, each of which costs 10 stars. So we are supposed to fish that all-important calendar key (and hopefully the daily special) out of a total of 15 choices in about three and a half tries every day? I though April Fool's Day was in spring, not winter! :rolleyes:
Devs, is this Calendar really as hopeless as it looks?

BadForger

OK, let's see...we get five stars (instead of the 10 during Beta testing) for completing each quest in the main quest line and, so I heard, 15 stars for each of the daily quests later (if Inno has not reduced that as well), plus a few hundred for daily connections and the milestone bonus; a little bird told me that we can expect a total of 1,170 stars over the course of this event, not counting the few from random incidents here and there. For an event that runs a total of 32 days, that's 36.5625 stars per day to spend on the very charmingly packaged presents, each of which costs 10 stars. So we are supposed to fish that all-important calendar key (and hopefully the daily special) out of a total of 15 choices in about three and a half tries every day? I though April Fool's Day was in spring, not winter! :rolleyes:
You forgot the shuffle

Ericness

Not a big fan of the event so far. I feel like between the presents, the candles, and the calendar there is too much going that does not offer a compelling payout in return for the effort. I'll take them on the order listed:

Presents: Too unpredictable for my taste. Feels like every time I am closing in on the key or daily I either hit the randomizer (bad "luck") or run out of stars (which feel super tedious to accumulate compared to past events, this one included). Not an enjoyable mechanic and it put me off playing the event on my side worlds.

Candles: These legit hate me, lol. Ok, not really but they are streaky and when you hit a run of 1s after struggling through the gifts it is really discouraging.

Calendar: The keys are pretty hard to come by given the number you need to complete it. You're at the mercy of the gifts and the daily pieces are a crapshoot (so far I've beaten the odds to keep getting 1 piece). I think the guaranteed 2 last year worked better than the gamble for 1, 2, or 3 this year.

And that's all I want to spend on that. I'll probably get the special in my main city and will place it if/when I have room but not a lot to get excited about with this event. Unfortunately it's gotta be with us for a while. The words "tedious" and "lingering" come to mind and then multiply those by 3. I kind of wish this would get split between a shorter, revised Winter event and New Year's one. Just my two FPs.

Karen Isaacsdottir

I'm playing on my new world and I just have to say again, since I've said it before I'm sure. The iron age quest line is too much. My tiny city struggles to make goods, coins and production. The first quest took 1/3 of my coins...8000. The next quest wants me to collect 6000 coins....but my next collection will only be 5000. The the production request in Iron age was 9 times. In my main world it was 11.

On my main world, I was able to blow past the first 5 quests in under 5 minutes. In the iron age I am stuck on quest 2 for at least 4 hours.

The last event required 24 hour productions and sucked me down millions of supplies - those toy quests did it. I totally empathize with your plight, and I'm in the Industrial Age. Sometimes, I think, they give the crankiest programmer the task of deciding the quest requirements.

JustinKace

The last event required 24 hour productions
Indeed, right after finishing an 8-hr production. Now I have to wait a mere 24 hours for the next 5 stars. Lovely.

Not to mention that the winter event daily cycle begins at 0000 server time and the daily quest resets at 0800. Someone did not think this through at all.

Ironrooster

I am playing only for the main building. Anything else is just a little extra.

Also I only play on the days I like the daily special (or alternate), but I regard the daily special as a real chancy thing not to be counted on.

As for the calendar, sure I'll use the keys I get, but since I do not play every day I do not expect to complete the calendar.

Fortunately, this is an easy event to play and kinda of fun as long as you check your expectations at the door.

BigBrian614

I don't know what Inno is doing with this event however, they are not giving out enough stars. At 5 stars per quest (I thought it was supposed to be 10) and 10 stars to open a package in the event game, gonna run out of stars fast. I see no way of getting a fully upgraded building unless I am missing something. Anybody know?

Lormarc

I agree BigBrian614. No way to upgrade the building without spending a lot of diamonds. I do not think it will be worth it. I am leaving the building and upgrades in my inventory for now. I plan to just have fun with the game and take what prizes I can get.

Emberguard

I see no way of getting a fully upgraded building unless I am missing something. Anybody know?
while I won’t know if there’s enough overall currency until I complete the event, I do know you should be able to increase the amount of upgrades received for the new building by ignoring the calendar (if you believe you’re unable to complete the calendar).

Reason being if you start opening presents and you don’t finish on a prize of 10+ stars then you lose 1 grand prize progress for that day. With 32 days that’s 32 progress you’d need to catch up on if going for the calendar and falling short of keys.

The shuffle gives 10 stars. Any keys after the first key of the day is replaced with fragments + 10 stars. If you save all of your currency for a single day then you’re going to hit both the shuffle and those extra key fragment stars multiple times, getting your stars back along with grand prize progress. If you’re unsure about completing the calendar then I’d just ignore it, save your currency for close to the end of event and spend in a single sitting instead

Aethelcatt VIII

while I won’t know if there’s enough overall currency until I complete the event, I do know you should be able to increase the amount of upgrades received for the new building by ignoring the calendar (if you believe you’re unable to complete the calendar).

Reason being if you start opening presents and you don’t finish on a prize of 10+ stars then you lose 1 grand prize progress for that day. With 32 days that’s 32 progress you’d need to catch up on if going for the calendar and falling short of keys.

The shuffle gives 10 stars. Any keys after the first key of the day is replaced with fragments + 10 stars. If you save all of your currency for a single day then you’re going to hit both the shuffle and those extra key fragment stars multiple times, getting your stars back along with grand prize progress. If you’re unsure about completing the calendar then I’d just ignore it, save your currency for close to the end of event and spend in a single sitting instead
Now that sounds like a good strategy--focusing on one goose instead chasing after all the cheese in a scattering flock.

Lormarc

158 stars , 2 randomizers , no key and no daily special. This event stinks to be honest.
First, thank you for pointing me to this thread. I think it will be near impossible to get all the keys, unless you spend a lot of cash. I have found 3 keys, but took almost all of my stars. Going forward I very much doubt that I will get a key a day. The odds are astronomical as you would need to pick the key on the first try every day!

Sharmon the Impaler

First, thank you for pointing me to this thread. I think it will be near impossible to get all the keys, unless you spend a lot of cash. I have found 3 keys, but took almost all of my stars. Going forward I very much doubt that I will get a key a day. The odds are astronomical as you would need to pick the key on the first try every day!

Without diamonds all the keys are a non starter. Go for the Daily Quests of your choice and ignore the keys