• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter 2021 Feedback

LoveNkind

Without diamonds all the keys are a non starter. Go for the Daily Quests of your choice and ignore the keys
By now, several of us have come to this conclusion. Ignore the Calendar is also advised by my Diamond guild's Beta person.
I feel a little sad about that because the calendars are fun and I was able to do them in past events with just a little help from Daily Quests. Ruining 30 daily quests is another story.

Yesterday, I did not care much for the daily prize, so I saved my stars. Today, I got a key in both of my worlds. I immediately stopped as fragments are inefficient. Tomorrow, maybe I will get a key again with all those chances. My hope for the calendar has gone up. But there is luck, and Lady Luck is notoriously fickle. I remain wary about that calendar.

Sharmon the Impaler

By now, several of us have come to this conclusion. Ignore the Calendar is also advised by my Diamond guild's Beta person.
I feel a little sad about that because the calendars are fun and I was able to do them in past events with just a little help from Daily Quests. Ruining 30 daily quests is another story.

Yesterday, I did not care much for the daily prize, so I saved my stars. Today, I got a key in both of my worlds. I immediately stopped as fragments are inefficient. Tomorrow, maybe I will get a key again with all those chances. My hope for the calendar has gone up. But there is luck, and Lady Luck is notoriously fickle. I remain wary about that calendar.

I have 4 more expansions left on the map until the next Era opens up on Jupiter and I want to place the canal there for some reason. If you try for the key you have to forget about the building. It isn't a good building but I will keep it for the 22 attack until something better comes along.

Johnny B. Goode

This is actually the first time I'll be trying to complete a calendar in an event. The fact that you get 1-3 key fragments from the DCs each day really seems to improve the odds. Hard to tell at this early stage how I will do, but signs are favorable. I am only choosing the key fragment chest in each day's DC, no matter what the other chest is, so even with the worst luck I'll still have 6 days worth of fragments to use through the event. With an extreme high of 18 theoretically possible. Probably be somewhere in the middle, so in the 10-14 range.

Pericles the Lion

When the event started it was theoretically possible (but nearly impossible) to complete the calendar without spending diamonds. The DCs should provide approximately 12 keys but the chance of finding the other 20 by opening presents is almost zero.

LoveNkind

Without diamonds all the keys are a non starter. Go for the Daily Quests of your choice and ignore the keys
I am no longer so sure about that. I have found about 40 stars on my two lawns in 4 1/2 days. By quitting as soon as I find a key, I maximize my chances to find a key. I got keys in both my worlds both of the last two days (including today by 10 am my time), days 4 and 5. I used daily special fragments to open another day, and I did find a key the first day, So I have 6/10 keys so far, plus fragments and leftover stars.
But it requires some hard choices. I have to give up a lot of desirable daily challenges for fragments, and very little chance of the daily specials I want.
The calendar prize gives two upgrades for the winter canal--useless if you can get them thru matches, but vital if you miss one.

Wwwoodchuck

For me on an established world and a new world, the starting Stars were too low. If a desired DS were to come up in the first week, I would not have enough to actually try for one. Trying for something that requires one ‘prize’ per day, like the calendar keys, is all but impossible.

Past events it was easier to rush the Main quests, to get to the Daily quests within a day or three. This gave me a stockpile of event currency to either try for something like a key/day, or go for a daily prize. Each gather coins or supplies in a newer city is a day’s collection. That or try and run short cycle productions all day. I cannot run the coins THEN supplies in a single daily collection as the city is not advanced enough to gather that much in collections. It is coin quest one day, next day, supplies.

Main Quests:

2: And Gather coins
4: And Gather supplies
7: And Gather coins
11: And Gather supplies
12: And Gather supplies
13: Or Gather supplies
20: And Gather supplies
25: And Gather supplies
30: And Gather coins
33: OR gather supplies.
35: And gather supplies

There is not much to do for the first week or so of the event but to wait while daily productions run to solve one quest, then wait another day to get another one. Hopefully any DS I was trying for that first week, will show up again.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Past events it was easier to rush the Main quests, to get to the Daily quests within a day or three. This gave me a stockpile of event currency to either try for something like a key/day, or go for a daily prize. Each gather coins or supplies in a newer city is a day’s collection. That or try and run short cycle productions all day. I cannot run the coins THEN supplies in a single daily collection as the city is not advanced enough to gather that much in collections. It is coin quest one day, next day,

There is not much to do for the first week or so of the event but to wait while daily productions run to solve one quest, then wait another day to get another one. Hopefully any DS I was trying for that first week, will show up again.
Were you are aware that recurring quests can quickly fulfill gather coin and supply requirements? Even in my new Iron Age city on Carthage I tend to have those requirements done within a few minutes.

Ebeondi Asi

If you are down to the Quests tht are limited to one each day, you finished the starter Quests. the rest are all only one per day. (as you have discovered)

Agent327

Just wondering where the side quests are...the last event had 15 a day

No it had not.

It had 30 main (rush) quests and 21 daily quests.

Last event had additional Collectors quests. Usually events just have a main questline and a daily questline.

Johnny B. Goode

Each gather coins or supplies in a newer city is a day’s collection. That or try and run short cycle productions all day. I cannot run the coins THEN supplies in a single daily collection as the city is not advanced enough to gather that much in collections. It is coin quest one day, next day, supplies.
If you're having that much problem with coins/supplies, you're doing something wrong. Even in brand new Bronze Age cities you should have no problem with coins/supplies unless you're trying to build up another area prematurely. Best practice in a brand new city is to get your coin/supply production and inventory to a good point, then worry about other stuff.

Incidentally, you can guild hop and aid* to fulfill any number of "collect coin" quests. Also, buying and immediately selling military buildings is my go-to method of fulfilling these quests. It eliminates the need to wait for productions to get done. I use this method in every era from Iron up to and including Space Age Mars (my highest era).

*This is also the best method to acquire BPs for the early GBs.

I agree BigBrian614. No way to upgrade the building without spending a lot of diamonds. I do not think it will be worth it. I am leaving the building and upgrades in my inventory for now. I plan to just have fun with the game and take what prizes I can get.
This is my strategy as well. Especially since the game is pure luck, with no strategy to it at all.

Pericles the Lion

I'm honestly surprised this is the event. No one will win it. I mean, calculate the odds. Aren't they 1 in 5000 or something? I'm incredulous to believe anyone wouldn't be wholly embarrassed to submit it to the public.
The logic you used in your post is sound. We need to find 32 keys. On average, 12 will be obtained from daily challenges. The remaining 20 must come from opening presents. Completing all of the quests and daily logins will provide approximately 1200 stars (including an allowance for incidents). 1200 stars will open 120 presents. Obtaining 20 keys from presents means that, on 20 days, presents have to be opened. This means that a key has to be found opening no more than an average of 6 presents per day. There are 18 possibilities which means the odds of finding the key in no more than 6 tries is 33.3%.

The odds of finding 20 keys in 20 days when each day's chance is 33.3% is 0.33^20 or 2.345E-10 (which means it's darn near impossible).

The calendar is for diamond spending players.

Ricardoso83

My feedback on Facebook...

` Why nerf a dificult event already to 5stars each quest? why leave each chance with 10 stars? why not make shuffle arbitary or for later (clean the board)? why incidents nerfed (2stars each everytime), why reeinders so expensive for normal rewards (3k dias)? Where is the christmas spirit pleasing for players on this event (none)? why not a key on the main daily quest? why calender its impossible to be complete without spending? Why buying keys is so expensive (500dias) for the reward (calender rewards are so bad). Why not double the quests (christmas spirit), 50x2?

This event is probably the worst of the year so far, ty and socks everyone by inno.´

Thank god i am more generous for my family than inno...

Sharmon the Impaler

The past 3 calendar key attempts got me a minimum of 1 shuffle each , the last one was 3 shuffles and I finally gave up. Inno will get the most diehard to blow 500 diamonds per key but not me.