• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter 2021 Feedback

Sharmon the Impaler

You might find this amusing. I got 5 shuffles in one sitting. Never got a key that day, either. :eek:

Yes , this does seem to be a recurring happening in this event. The sheer odds of getting it out of 18 with the shuffle are frustrating many. I think Inno dropped the ball on this one. If the building had more than 24 attack I may have pulled a dumb move and bought it but it is just too low in the stats to even consider it.

boeffie

Never looked very close to the event building, just tried to get the keys, as that's usually needed, but it's definitely impossible.
Like above, I've spent stars only to get to shuffles, and the amount of stars won't ever cover a daily key, unless you hit them every 2nd try or so.

Building is way too big and undervalued if you can't get it fully upgraded, so am not going to worry about it

LoveNkind

No it had not.

It had 30 main (rush) quests and 21 daily quests.

Last event had additional Collectors quests. Usually events just have a main questline and a daily questline.
You have forgotten all those toys. The Halloween event was very busy and a lot of fun.

LoveNkind

The logic you used in your post is sound. We need to find 32 keys. On average, 12 will be obtained from daily challenges. The remaining 20 must come from opening presents. Completing all of the quests and daily logins will provide approximately 1200 stars (including an allowance for incidents). 1200 stars will open 120 presents. Obtaining 20 keys from presents means that, on 20 days, presents have to be opened. This means that a key has to be found opening no more than an average of 6 presents per day. There are 18 possibilities which means the odds of finding the key in no more than 6 tries is 33.3%.

The odds of finding 20 keys in 20 days when each day's chance is 33.3% is 0.33^20 or 2.345E-10 (which means it's darn near impossible).

The calendar is for diamond spending players.
I am pretty sure there is more than one Calendar key among those 18 presents. We hear from those with bad luck (11 presents and no key), which is going to happen. The ones with average or better luck are too busy playing the game.
But the Calendar requires sacrificing ALL other Daily Quest prizes, which is huge, and managing your daily presents for the key instead of for your fave prizes. A hefty in-game expense.

LoveNkind

If you're having that much problem with coins/supplies, you're doing something wrong. Even in brand new Bronze Age cities you should have no problem with coins/supplies unless you're trying to build up another area prematurely. Best practice in a brand new city is to get your coin/supply production and inventory to a good point, then worry about other stuff.

Incidentally, you can guild hop and aid* to fulfill any number of "collect coin" quests. Also, buying and immediately selling military buildings is my go-to method of fulfilling these quests. It eliminates the need to wait for productions to get done. I use this method in every era from Iron up to and including Space Age Mars (my highest era).

*This is also the best method to acquire BPs for the early GBs.
This ain't your first rodeo. I am further in the quests in my Iron Age city than my Colonial Age city. The Colonial is over 5 million score with a level 80 Arc and it does quite well. It is in a first-page Diamond League guild. My little Iron Age city is 100k score, with 8 goods manufactures, plenty of troops, over a million coins and over half a million supplies.
Whereas newbies rush through the ages. Your typical new player is in Early Middle Ages by 20 000 to 30 000 or so. Those 2 to 3 week old cities have a very hard time. And newbies matter to the game. We need newbies to enjoy the game and keep playing.

Pericles the Lion

I am pretty sure there is more than one Calendar key among those 18 presents. We hear from those with bad luck (11 presents and no key), which is going to happen. The ones with average or better luck are too busy playing the game.
But the Calendar requires sacrificing ALL other Daily Quest prizes, which is huge, and managing your daily presents for the key instead of for your fave prizes. A hefty in-game expense.
According to the Wiki you can only get one key per day. Land on another key, after a shuffle for example, and you get a fragment. Circle back at the end of the event, I'd like to know how your strategy worked out so I can plan for next year.

Johnny B. Goode

Whereas newbies rush through the ages. Your typical new player is in Early Middle Ages by 20 000 to 30 000 or so. Those 2 to 3 week old cities have a very hard time. And newbies matter to the game. We need newbies to enjoy the game and keep playing.
My best advice for newbies would be to skip the first event after they start, especially if it's a big one like this. No way can you play an event properly while getting a city up to speed.

Pericles the Lion

My best advice for newbies would be to skip the first event after they start, especially if it's a big one like this. No way can you play an event properly while getting a city up to speed.
I do not agree. I started playing last year just before Thanksgiving. The Winter Event began shortly after. I was able to complete all the quests, get the full Bakery and a train up to level 6. It was no big deal to work the quests while doing the other things necessary to get a city started.

Sharmon the Impaler

The flip side of agreeing with this , I started 2 1/2 years ago on the summer event and it pretty much crippled my city growth for the whole summer. In hindsight I would have focused on my city for the first 2-3 months then dove in the events after.

Kranyar the Mysterious

My advice for new cities is to just play as much of your first couple of events as you can comfortably do since quest rewards are quite helpful, and add whatever levels of the main building you get. Even a partially leveled event building is going to be better than almost any regular building, and you can always store it or sell it once you have better stuff available. Just don't stress out about finishing the event.

Agent327

Can we stick to giving feedback? This is a feedback thread. Not a guide for newbies how to play their first event.

Agent327

Sorry the remarck, isn´t itself a feedback about early quests?

Advice to newbies on how to play the event isn't. Feedback on early quests would be about the content of the quests. Not how to do or not do them. Next time, just send a PM if you want an explanation.

Ironrooster

The building would have been more useful if both the attacking army boosts were one choice and both the defending army boosts were the other choice. Splitting them reduces the value of both choices.
Also some goods would have been nice as well.

Ricardoso83

Another thing I forgot to mention about this “awesome” event...I picked double and them a key gives me a key and 1 piece of key (b.s this definition of double), this event is awful, going to start to play hardcore other games in Christmas time since this event puts the moral all down, no incidents for 3 days in a row (to receive 2 it’s better not to receive, it’s shameless)... I already quit this event I don’t care, gl everybody. Ps: continue nerfing the event maybe it comes by miracle better...

Socks everybody

Aethelcatt VIII

My lucky day. :p The 20% defense boost is almost useless, but I'll take it with this package.

Since I complained earlier in this thread that picking the calendar key (let alone the daily special too) out of 18 possible choices in about three and a half tries allotted per day is nearly mission impossible, I guess the FoE gods were out to prove me wrong in this instance. I hope they do that again tonight.

Screenshot 2021-12-13 170650.jpg

terry7205

I agree! after the third or fourth time It asked for happeness I quit trying for the five stars, Am in space age mars and the the reward of five stars was just not worth what the quest cost .