• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2018

BruteForceAttack

So if you get a double payout, and then a reveal two, shouldn't it reveal four?

You just get double the amount of stars.

Old support response.

"
Forge of Empires - Customer Support2015-12-25 14:50:51
Hello BruteForceAttack,

The show 2 has a 3 star reward on it. if you hit 2x then show 2 the 3 stars are doubled to 6. You are still only shown 2 presents.

Respectfully,

Guardian- Senior Ingame Moderator

DeletedUser35753

I quite liked this event. The snow globe effect is pretty nifty, especially on mobile where the snow follows the tilt of your device. The quests seemed just about right to me, they took a bit of work but nothing impossible.

I got my level 12 spire with one upgrade to spare, some sleigh builders, a charming cottage just so I have one, and a bunch of one ups and renos. Very pleased with the payouts.

I've been thrilled with some of the special event buildings for the year just gone because Netherlands (windmills!!) and Eastern Europe (the Spire) are both places I have deep emotional connections to. Doesn't have much to do with the game, I know, but it definitely added something to it for me.

Altercus

Love the Winter Spire. Tile for tile probably the best building in the game. While I don't see the value of a sleigh builder I wish I could have gotten a couple more Charming Cottages. With the WS I wondered if FoE was getting a bit Monty Haul but considering the grind of 71 quests to complete I don't think it's an unreasonable reward. Far better than winning a difficult battle or solving a very complex negotiation only to get something a worthless as a self-aid kit which is the sort of thing which happens in dailies all too often.

With the inclusion of luck as a factor early on I was worried if I'd be able to complete the WS. It wasn't uncommon for me to go on tears of lighting a single candle 6 or 7 times in a row. But it worked out in the end and I managed to complete my WS with several quests to spare.

While many didn't seem to appreciate the tower or watchfire upgrades I thought they were great. If I'm already using a tile for a tower of watchfire I can't see the downside of something which increases the effectiveness of that tile already being used.

All in all, terrific event.

Emberguard

@Altercus it's all about priorities and efficiency.

Some things are more relevant to progressing in the game then others

Defence of your city doesn't do much in a meaningful manner unless it's applied to space that can't be used in any other way (the plunderers can't take as much as the defence would require space to set up with watch fires - in addition to what they would then take if they still break the defence)

Victory Towers don't matter one way or the other unless you have nothing better to place down in the space it's placed or are only self lvl'ing. As long as you're doing FP swaps you have a medal income without taking up space for medal production.

Now I love my victory towers so I'll use them regardless, and if I happen to get a upgrade I'll upgrade them. But they and the watch fires do nothing for my city actually progressing.

If I want to stop plunderers I'd be better off working on my friend list and activating a 3 day shield. After a year of playing and barely paying any attention to my friendlist I've got over 300k in tavern silver. If I were actually aiding my friendlist that would be closer to a million silver by now.