• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2018

DeletedUser

I understand that the Sleigh Builder is great for goods. But if you're in an active 190% exchange group you can do all the recurring quests you want, and with a higher level Chateau can get all the current age goods you want, at no additional footprint. So what is the advantage to using your city space for the Sleigh Builder?
I think you answered your own question...and in the process highlighted another negative impact of the Arc-fueled hyper-leveling craze. Event buildings are essentially worthless if you're willing to hyper-level your Arc and then other GBs and spend your time doing RQs. Takes all the fun out of the game from my point of view. I mean, this is an essentially unwinnable game, so the fun has to be in the journey, not the destination. And what fun is it to use a formulaic, boring routine to simply accumulate stuff?

DeletedUser15539

I think you answered your own question...and in the process highlighted another negative impact of the Arc-fueled hyper-leveling craze. Event buildings are essentially worthless if you're willing to hyper-level your Arc and then other GBs and spend your time doing RQs. Takes all the fun out of the game from my point of view. I mean, this is an essentially unwinnable game, so the fun has to be in the journey, not the destination. And what fun is it to use a formulaic, boring routine to simply accumulate stuff?
Thanks for your reply. It's always nice to see another point of view, and sometimes there's something obvious to everyone else that I missed.

DeletedUser35753

I got a couple sleigh builders, and a charming cottage (more for satisfying the collector urge than anything else). Now I want one ups and Reno kits. I'll probably try for more sleigh builders later with whatever I have left in the way of stars when/if that comes round again.

Agent327

Im in tomorrow on C-map and quest says scout . I had to scout to INFILTRATE 3 sectors since i used up all infiltrations from previous events . Now i took the province and thought a new scout would open up but nooooooo. Instead, i have to take a 2nd province to initiate a scout ..... then take a 3rd province i imagine in an upcoming quest.

Ugh

Why ?

Because you have to.

Agent327

I understand that the Sleigh Builder is great for goods. But if you're in an active 190% exchange group you can do all the recurring quests you want, and with a higher level Chateau can get all the current age goods you want, at no additional footprint. So what is the advantage to using your city space for the Sleigh Builder?

If you are not in VF yet, you can use it to replace goods buildings forever. Once you go up in age you use one-up kits and you immediately have goods buildings for that age. Nothing to free up in your techtree and at that time you can not do RQ's, so that is when they come in handy.

RazorbackPirate

I'm in tomorrow on C-map and quest says scout. I had to scout to INFILTRATE 3 sectors since i used up all infiltrations from previous events . Now i took the province and thought a new scout would open up but nooooooo. Instead, i have to take a 2nd province to initiate a scout ..... then take a 3rd province i imagine in an upcoming quest.

Ugh

Why ?
I had a similar issue in my LMA city. I have to Scout (1) to open up a province to take sectors. Completing taking the province, completed a Story Quest which launched a Side Quest which caused me to unexpectedly lose my second RQ slot. Ugh!

The Side Quest had a 'Hidden Reward', which sometimes means diamonds, so I didn't want to abort it. I had my city collection coming up soon and wanted the second RQ slot back, so I used diamonds to quickly complete the Scout (2), then sent the Scout off again (3) to have a Territory for the later Event Quest.

I didn't get any diamonds, so in hindsight it was the wrong move. I ended up scouting and acquiring 3 provinces and spent diamonds to complete two of the Scouts. Grumble, grumble. I hate when that happens.

DeletedUser6120

Your feedback is always very important for us, so don't forget to comment here!

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Beta Team

I always enjoy the winter event and I am currently playing every day. But seriously, can't the designers make some beautiful holiday themed special buildings? I just built the Charming Cottage, and while it is well worth it with its population, coins and most especially its goods when motivated, it is just plain ugly. A dark brown shack. Any pretty details are too small to be seen. Couldn't they have given it a bright red or green or blue roof? Some bright trim or twinkling trees or something? All you can see is a plain brown roof on a plain dark plot of land. Boring and ugly. Frankly, even the Winter Spire is ugly until it gets to the tenth or eleventh level. It's holiday time---use some bright colors, please!

RazorbackPirate

I always enjoy the winter event and I am currently playing every day. But seriously, can't the designers make some beautiful holiday themed special buildings? I just built the Charming Cottage, and while it is well worth it with its population, coins and most especially its goods when motivated, it is just plain ugly. A dark brown shack. Any pretty details are too small to be seen. Couldn't they have given it a bright red or green or blue roof? Some bright trim or twinkling trees or something? All you can see is a plain brown roof on a plain dark plot of land. Boring and ugly. Frankly, even the Winter Spire is ugly until it gets to the tenth or eleventh level. It's holiday time---use some bright colors, please!
I can understand your perspective, but I think when basing a design on a time and location specific source material, while some liberties can be taken to be consistent with the 'realism' of the game, stray too far and you've not only killed the illusion of 'realism', but have possibly also offended the very culture you've sought to highlight and honor.

DeletedUser36020

I think it is rather beautiful in its own simple way. Kinda like this game. Pretty straightforward, but a masterpiece at the same time!

DeletedUser8176

The Winter event has some things that are too (much too) difficult or impossible to do. Why do you make it so hard to do???

DeletedUser32389

Can anyone confirm that the Winter Spire can be fully upgraded without diamonds?