• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31540

I slightly disagree with this. I'm glad they usually offer less-than-stellar prizes in the last few hours so I don't have to worry about saving up event currency for a mad rush at the end. As it is I had a fully upgraded train, with an extra level 1 and a couple of extra upgrades, by the next-to-last day. That's not to mention all the stuff I got apart from WT stuff. I spent diamonds by the fistful on this event just to get enough expansions to fit all my train cars. By the last hours of an event there's nothing else I need or want, or have room for.

If a prize is good enough (power creep) there will always be room for it (by deleting outdated and less efficient structures)

Kranyar the Mysterious

I'll make an assumption, like you did, but assume your words just sound rude, and aren't actually intended as such.

Because actually, I've been where I'm at for a while. I've been building my GB and helping my guildmates do the same. So I haven't leveled in some time. I've also specifically been reading guides and watching videos for maintaining, rather than leveling. I understand where your example would apply, though. However, three other items in this event have asked for similar large amounts of coin, as do/did/does the story and side quests. On top of requiring expensive items be built (cartographers three times, for example, per many other threads I've read; or requiring the purchase of FP, as another example). Given that, it's not unreasonable to deplete the 300k once had by completing quests.

When not leveling, the quests are the "progression", if you will. And when any of the quests going on are requiring so much expenditure, you get depleted before you can complete a run/event/challenge.

I wasn't complaining for complaining's sake. And this event specifically asked for feedback. If the response was going to be "you should've known better" or "that's on you", then most people wouldn't attempt to provide feedback.
No, not trying to be rude, but we see people come in here all the time that have rushed to LMA or Colonial and only have an Oracle great building who think that they should be able to complete all of the event quests even though they have neglected building up their cities even a moderate amount vs. the era they are in.

I'm not sure what your situation is, but it certainly sounded like the classic complaint when someone has put themselves into that position. This is a strategy game that requires at least some thought into how to balance all of the game aspects.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Ok, I just got curious, and looked up @haveacigarrr on foestats, and low and behold 2 cities. One in MK, and I looked at it... 14k, EMA, and only an Oracle. The other one is on H (which I can't look at) and is the most advanced with 77k points and... an Oracle. The one in H is obviously the one they are talking about due to the amount of coins needed for the quest (I'm guessing LMA?).

So there you go. There is no way they should be expect to be able to complete all the event quests with such an undeveloped city.

Nothing wrong with either city, but they really need to park for awhile and build up their city. I suggest they build a Zeus and maybe Lighthouse of Alexandria, and update all the production buildings in their city to current era if they haven't done so already. Not trying to be mean, but this is simply a case of someone rushing their city forward through the eras way too fast.

Unfortunately InnoGames makes it way too easy for this to happen, and in my opinion leads to more people quitting from frustration than probably anything else. An underdeveloped city doesn't produce enough coins/supplies/goods/fp/etc. and usually ends up sitting in the bottom of the neighborhood getting hit over and over by people needing someone to attack for quests/dc's/gb's/ect. and plunderers.

PreciousDani68

Just want to point out somethings:

1. The name of this thread is Winter Event 2019 Feedback, nowhere does it say Positive Feedback only. SO even though some might not like what I had to say, it was my feedback.

2. Many replied and countered respectfully, thank you so much for that.

3. Others were so stuck on pointing out I have not been playing long and should leave, let me clarify something. I have been playing INNO games since 2011. So NO I am not new to INNO; just new to FOE and the other games don't try to always be in your pocket.

I will take your advice to leave the game under advisement for exactly what the advise is worth to me and hope someone from INNO itself sees that any different opinions are encouraged to just leave the game. (I am sure they will appreciate and agree with that sentiment being great for growing their business and positive branding.... NOT)

thank you all respectful response or not. Enjoy your day and your gaming.....

Algona

1. The name of this thread is Winter Event 2019 Feedback, nowhere does it say Positive Feedback only. SO even though some might not like what I had to say, it was my feedback.

You used the term scam twice in your first post. and implied INNo has done so more then once. Accusing INNOO of stealing isn't feedback, it's libel.

2. Many replied and countered respectfully, thank you so much for that.

2 is many?

I count 3 posts that replied to you and I don't think you could call my reply to yoour first two posts respectful else you prolly wouldn't have posted this post.

3. Others were so stuck on pointing out I have not been playing long and should leave, let me clarify something. I have been playing INNO games since 2011. So NO I am not new to INNO; just new to FOE and the other games don't try to always be in your pocket.

Me = others? While I'm a big ol' kodiak of a man, I still only get one ballot come election time. I'm not plural, I'm a singularity.

You got things backwards, I said you should quit first. After all, if you believe INNO is stealing and you keep playing then you are aiding and abetting before, during, and after the fact which makes you as guilty as them.

Then I said you were new, then said why, because only players new to FoE have the mistaken mindset that they have to spend to do well at the game.

It's irrelevant that you've played other INNO games. You still have that same new player mindset:

the other games don't try to always be in your pocket.

I will take your advice to leave the game under advisement for exactly what the advise is worth to me and hope someone from INNO itself sees that any different opinions are encouraged to just leave the game. (I am sure they will appreciate and agree with that sentiment being great for growing their business and positive branding.... NOT)

Uh-huh.

Lessee, in three posts you haven't said any positive thing about the game, threatened to quit, characterized their legitimate sales efforts to support the game as 'always in your pocket' and from your first post 'shamefully greedy' and 'money grubbing for little things'.

And accused them of repeatedly stealing.

Just who is trying to do more damage to the game here?

Your comments about respect and your well wishes and such have all the sincerity of a crocodile's smile.

Last edited:

Daley the Great

How did that post paint diamond players as evil? He just stated that they have an advantage, and he thinks that advantage shouldn't be improved. I see no characterization there.
Maybe "evil" was the incorrect word..how about not specifically singling out diamond players at all? If they can afford the advantages and choose to pay for them then they are supporting the game for the rest of us who either can't or choose not to pay to play. Lots of people like to single out people who plunder, or snipe, or obviously build their cities with "diamond assistance" when all of them are only using the mechanics of the game provided by the game creators. I give diamond players the credit for me not having to see banner ads in the game or have a McDonald's sign flashing atop my town hall.

Graviton

Maybe "evil" was the incorrect word..how about not specifically singling out diamond players at all?

I can't speak for him, of course, but I think he was just analyzing how the topic would affect the game.

If they can afford the advantages and choose to pay for them then they are supporting the game for the rest of us who either can't or choose not to pay to play.

I think you read more into his post than is actually there. Again, I can't speak for him but I'm familiar enough with his general attitude toward the game to guess that he agrees with you on this 100% and has no animus toward paying players.

DeletedUser

Maybe "evil" was the incorrect word..how about not specifically singling out diamond players at all? If they can afford the advantages and choose to pay for them then they are supporting the game for the rest of us who either can't or choose not to pay to play. Lots of people like to single out people who plunder, or snipe, or obviously build their cities with "diamond assistance" when all of them are only using the mechanics of the game provided by the game creators. I give diamond players the credit for me not having to see banner ads in the game or have a McDonald's sign flashing atop my town hall.
@Graviton is correct in his assessment of the intent of my comments.

Kranyar the Mysterious

You do know that only the Winter Train (front) section needs a road, right? The following cars do not need a road.
Though a basic road (same function as Trail with no cost or happiness) that acts as a railroad crossing with tracks and crossing gate in both single and double lane would be a nice addition.

And also a couple of bridges over water that act the same (in both horizontal and vertical).

While neither is functionally needed, it would be nice to have to have something that doesn't have to be min/max but is chosen for looks in my city again.

DeletedUser30312

If I have one gripe with this event, it's using up the train tickets. I much prefer when events don't require extra clicks to receive the grand prizes, and they're given automatically just from playing the 'main' part of the event. In this case, couldn't the train advance along the track automatically whenever a present is opened? What purpose is served by having to open presents, and then spend extra time just clicking on the button to spend tickets? Is it something that could only be done this way?

EDIT: Had 610 tickets, it took me 16 minutes of nonstop clicking to use them all. Since it was just filling a progress bar the whole time, it didn't feel very fun compared to the small 'surprise' when clicking on presents to open.

Yeah, that did get pretty tedious at the end. I'd prefer to see something a bit more automatic myself,

Event feedback:

I'm on event/task 68 out of 70, and it's requiring to pay $147500 (coins). This is really rather ridiculous. And can be/is a lot for some people; especially when there's no way to substitute or even pay-to-win (like most of the events I've seen since joining a couple months ago).

This is also obviously frustrating, getting so close to actually completing an event quest.

I'm sure this isn't the first time somebody's noticed or run into this. This type of thing (which has happened a few times in the event, though not to the same extreme) doesn't encourage participation in events in the least. It does the opposite, actually.

Like everyone else said, you've probably rushed too far ahead. I don't even noticed the coin payout amounts, because I have so many and make them far faster than I can spend them. The only thing I spend coins on on a regular basis is recruiting units and when the most I have to spend on a unit is about a thousand or so coin when my city generates several million a day, it adds up quickly.

I suppose it was okay for a Winter Event, but given that there were 5 dailies of interest, the cars, the tower and Spire kits, it was a bit much. The Winter Event format is okay if a player is looking for one or two dailies, but it's not so much fun when there's a lot of good dailies to shoot for. That's the same issue the 2017 event ran into with the massive 9 piece set. At least the Tower is a non-seasonal item that has potential to show up in more events.

Status
Not open for further replies.