• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daley the Great

And being able to replace individual prizes until all you have are great ones makes the feature overpowered. Giving even more of an advantage to Diamond players than they already have. That makes no sense.
Well, diamond players make their own advantages in this game, no need to single them out as if they were evil or something. No, I'm not a diamond player either.

Daley the Great

I see how one gets to be a well known member...just be a well known troll and give your opinion about others opinions
It is a lot easier to ignore these self-appointed "forum monitors" than to respond to them. After you do that you can enjoy the forums again.

Graviton

Well, diamond players make their own advantages in this game, no need to single them out as if they were evil or something. No, I'm not a diamond player either.

How did that post paint diamond players as evil? He just stated that they have an advantage, and he thinks that advantage shouldn't be improved. I see no characterization there.

Jern2017

Great event. I always enjoy the beautiful artwork in the loading screen and event buildings.

I got a Charcoal Express, one Sleeping and two Dining cars and a couple of Tactician's Towers in my main world. The TTs are an awesome addition to the game for those of us who work on our city defenses.

I got about ten Wishing Wells on my diamond farm world, which is also nice. I must say I was very disappointed there was no WW Shrink Kit Daily Special and this is the only thing I disliked about the event.

DeletedUser42956

Event feedback:

I'm on event/task 68 out of 70, and it's requiring to pay $147500 (coins). This is really rather ridiculous. And can be/is a lot for some people; especially when there's no way to substitute or even pay-to-win (like most of the events I've seen since joining a couple months ago).

This is also obviously frustrating, getting so close to actually completing an event quest.

I'm sure this isn't the first time somebody's noticed or run into this. This type of thing (which has happened a few times in the event, though not to the same extreme) doesn't encourage participation in events in the least. It does the opposite, actually.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Event feedback:

I'm on event/task 68 out of 70, and it's requiring to pay $147500 (coins). This is really rather ridiculous. And can be/is a lot for some people; especially when there's no way to substitute or even pay-to-win (like most of the events I've seen since joining a couple months ago).

This is also obviously frustrating, getting so close to actually completing an event quest.

I'm sure this isn't the first time somebody's noticed or run into this. This type of thing (which has happened a few times in the event, though not to the same extreme) doesn't encourage participation in events in the least. It does the opposite, actually.
147K coins? Then you are a higher age player who should know how to manage his/her coin supply by now. At this point, if you don't have tens to hundreds of millions of coins to spare you are doing something very wrong (which I'm going to take a shot in the dark without looking at your city, and guess that the issue is you rushed the ages, in which case this one is all on you imho).

Graviton

Event feedback:

Some quests, whether they be story or daily or event, can be tough for new cities. As Kranyar touched on above, if your city is still too new (or you advanced too quickly) to comfortably complete this quest, take heed of that and build up for the next event, or for the one after that. Don't sweat it, just know that the longer you play the easier those quests will become. Honestly, it's not reasonable to expect new cities to be able to keep up with all quests anyway. Without spending diamonds, that is.

DeletedUser42956

147K coins? Then you are a higher age player who should know how to manage his/her coin supply by now. At this point, if you don't have tens to hundreds of millions of coins to spare you are doing something very wrong (which I'm going to take a shot in the dark without looking at your city, and guess that the issue is you rushed the ages, in which case this one is all on you imho).

I'll make an assumption, like you did, but assume your words just sound rude, and aren't actually intended as such.

Because actually, I've been where I'm at for a while. I've been building my GB and helping my guildmates do the same. So I haven't leveled in some time. I've also specifically been reading guides and watching videos for maintaining, rather than leveling. I understand where your example would apply, though. However, three other items in this event have asked for similar large amounts of coin, as do/did/does the story and side quests. On top of requiring expensive items be built (cartographers three times, for example, per many other threads I've read; or requiring the purchase of FP, as another example). Given that, it's not unreasonable to deplete the 300k once had by completing quests.

When not leveling, the quests are the "progression", if you will. And when any of the quests going on are requiring so much expenditure, you get depleted before you can complete a run/event/challenge.

I wasn't complaining for complaining's sake. And this event specifically asked for feedback. If the response was going to be "you should've known better" or "that's on you", then most people wouldn't attempt to provide feedback.

qaccy

I can honestly say I don't remember ever being short on coins beyond the initial stages of the game, moving up through the Bronze Age in my very first city. It's usually supplies that ended up haunting me at some point, not coins.

DeletedUser42956

Some quests, whether they be story or daily or event, can be tough for new cities. As Kranyar touched on above, if your city is still too new (or you advanced too quickly) to comfortably complete this quest, take heed of that and build up for the next event, or for the one after that. Don't sweat it, just know that the longer you play the easier those quests will become. Honestly, it's not reasonable to expect new cities to be able to keep up with all quests anyway. Without spending diamonds, that is.
Yes, thank you. I've had to immediately "nope" on some of the daily challenges due to just sheer impossibility for my newish city.

I'm not sweating it too much. Just was looking forward to actually completing one (I still cannot complete the settlements within the first or second deadline, too); and got so close to hit such a wall.

Next time, I'll know to put the story and side quests on hold, so as to not deplete what the event may ask for.

DeletedUser42956

I can honestly say I don't remember ever being short on coins beyond the initial stages of the game, moving up through the Bronze Age in my very first city. It's usually supplies that ended up haunting me at some point, not coins.
It doesn't happen to me much at all - on either front (coin/supplies). Though, the timing of the other quests and challenges made this more of an obstacle than I would've liked, after getting so far, and in-time (would've been).

DeletedUser40996

Event feedback:

You must be new . I did all 70 Quests on SEVEN cities not one issue with coins or supplies

DeletedUser31540

You must be new . I did all 70 Quests on SEVEN cities not one issue with coins or supplies

Seven ! No way ! What a legend !

I believe leveling Chateau Frontenac is the best way (out of many ways to choose from) to grow coins and supplies (and current age goods)

Consider it if u havent already ! Best of luck !

Graviton

I'm not sweating it too much. Just was looking forward to actually completing one (I still cannot complete the settlements within the first or second deadline, too)...

After my first run through the Viking settlement I decided to not give a crap about that timer. I can live without the Greater Runestone, but I still want a fully-leaded Yggdrasil so I still do the settlement, but I do it at my leisure. Sometimes a week will go by between visits. I have enough to worry about in this game without that stupid timer!

Algona

Another Winter Event. Damn you shuffler never showing up when you are needed!

Trains were an interesting main prize. Winter Spire upgrades twice and Sleigh Builders once were available as daily prizes. Questlines seemed standard.

Biggest complaint was about the reindeer offer. INNO wasn't 100% BOLDED ALL CAPS PERFECTLY CLEAR ITALICIZED wWITH CONFIRMATION CONFiRMiNG THE CONFIRMATION UNDERLINED about the players buying the package for 3K Diamonds no matter how many reindeer they got Nect time say 'buy' rather then 'claim' because multiple paragraphs and a picture weren't good enough. Entitled freeloaders were atizzy, a full blowm fooforaw with arglebargle and consternation.

Having to open the railroad pieces was a bit tedious to move the train along. Ending Daily Prize of Winter Deco Kit was a little weak. RK or 1up for the win there.

Got fully upgraded trains in all three cities, 25 Sleigh Builfers, buckets of other stuff.

Another fine Winter Event. Thanks INNO,

Last edited:

DeletedUser31540

Yea inno would make a lot more money if they ended events with an attractive daily special !

Ending with victory tower upgrade and winter deco kit isnt gonna make anyone break the piggy bank

.... and money- making money aside its also more fun for the free to play players to end an event with having a shot at something worthwhile

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

Yea inno would make a lot more money if they ended events with an attractive daily special !

Ending with victory tower upgrade and winter deco kit isnt gonna make anyone break the piggy bank.
I'm sure Inno has enough actual data to determine that their approach is the right one. If Inno felt anyone would actually break the piggy bank on the last day of an event for a good daily, I'm sure they would do so. But no, Inno always ends it with a fizzle. Why? Could be actual data doesn't support your premise?

DeletedUser31540

I'm sure Inno has enough actual data to determine that their approach is the right one. If Inno felt anyone would actually break the piggy bank on the last day of an event for a good daily, I'm sure they would do so. But no, Inno always ends it with a fizzle. Why? Could be actual data doesn't support your premise?

Could also be that inno isnt operating as well as they could be

Graviton

.... and money- making money aside its also more fun for the free to play players to end an event with having a shot at something worthwhile

I slightly disagree with this. I'm glad they usually offer less-than-stellar prizes in the last few hours so I don't have to worry about saving up event currency for a mad rush at the end. As it is I had a fully upgraded train, with an extra level 1 and a couple of extra upgrades, by the next-to-last day. That's not to mention all the stuff I got apart from WT stuff. I spent diamonds by the fistful on this event just to get enough expansions to fit all my train cars. By the last hours of an event there's nothing else I need or want, or have room for.

Status
Not open for further replies.