• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackPirate

It is annoying not knowing because on the beta I waited to spend my stars (on something good) and ended up spending them on Mass self-aid kits because it was the last DS...
May we get some info from a moderator or something?
I agree it is annoying and we'll not get an answer from a moderator or anyone with any inside information. We will know the next DS when the next DS shows up on the overseas servers.

DeletedUser29726

The list of beta prizes that have still yet to occur btw (not counting the 2nd occurrence of dining car coming tonight):

VT Upgrade​
Hall of Fame​
Gigantic Medals​
Watchfire​
Winter Village Selection Kit (2)​
One Up Kit​
Santa’s Workshop​
Shrine of Knowledge (2)​
Rogue Hideout (2)​
Tactician’s Tower Upgrade (2)​
Winter Spire Selection Kit (3)​
Winter Deco Selection Kit​
Mass Self-Aid​

It's unlikely Watchfire, the 2nd Village Selection, the 3rd spire selection, the 2nd SoK, the 2nd Rogue Hideout, the Deco Selection, the One Up, or the Tactician Tower upgrade got scrapped imo as they're either flavor for the event or staples that new cities may be chasing.

That leaves VT Upgrade(yawn), Hall of Fame(not offered every event), Gigantic Medals(yawn), Santa's Workshop (flavor, but so outdated by now that it'd be a public service not to offer it), Mass Self-Aid(yawn) for them to have picked 3 to scrap if you want to believe they'll offer all 3 cars one more time.

DeletedUser37581

The more I ponder it though, the more I lean toward programming limitation. I like the chain ability. Scaleable cars would be something to to see in a future iteration.
Building stats, such as passive or active rewards (like coins or attack boost), are defined in the metadata file. There are two ways to define a reward - a single reward that applies to all ages, or a separate reward defined for each age. The Chain ability has no effect on the reward. As such, it would have been easy for the Dining Car to have a separate attack boost for each age. They chose not to do it that way.

RazorbackPirate

The RNG in one of my cities has been very nice to me this event allowing me to score 12 cars for free. I got 6 sleeping cars, 5 dining cars, and one freight. With the engine, the train stretches 31 tiles in length, 5 tiles short of the full width of my city.

This morning when I was opening presents I got the Show Two present, which revealed the 2x present and the dining car. I had to then clear the entire board to get the shuffle, but got one more car with my last 10 stars.

With the Charcoal Express engine, the entire train gives me 17 FPs, 20 goods, 34% attack boost, coins, supplies, and a whole lot of happy.

1576978247193.png

In this city at least, this event has already exceeded my expectations. Great event.

Jern2017

I already got a Charcoal Train and two Cars (Sleeping and Dining). I'll be saving my stars in case a Tactician's Tower or the upgrade kit for it appears again.

DeletedUser41065

It seems we are getting a 3rd round of the cars...freight car tomorrow for the 3rd time

Guild treasury goods are used to place sieges in GvG, unlock level II-IV in GE, and to build Province Buildings in GBG. Once goods go into the treasury, they cannot be removed and can only be used by the guild for one of these three activities.

BTW - If you're in a guild by yourself, you're not the leader, you're just you. By yourself. Dissolve your one person guild and join a guild that can help you grow.

Finally enlightenment! The entire thing is clearer to me now.

In this world, I am currently a guild of 2 members. I have copied your wise counsel and will ponder it at length regarding my kingdom’s future in this new year.

Thank you, with gratitude and salutations!

The RNG in one of my cities has been very nice to me this event allowing me to score 12 cars for free. I got 6 sleeping cars, 5 dining cars, and one freight. With the engine, the train stretches 31 tiles in length, 5 tiles short of the full width of my city.

This morning when I was opening presents I got the Show Two present, which revealed the 2x present and the dining car. I had to then clear the entire board to get the shuffle, but got one more car with my last 10 stars.

With the Charcoal Express engine, the entire train gives me 17 FPs, 20 goods, 34% attack boost, coins, supplies, and a whole lot of

In this city at least, this event has already exceeded my expectations. Great event.

Nice! I’ve always liked trains, so this is an unexpected and fun addition!
As a very new player, I’m happy to get anything except FP’s (especially 2 and 5 at a time), medals, and trebuchets.

Zatrikon

Anyone having a problem uploading a picture of their city as requested by the second contest? Every time I tried, it said the image size was too big. So I cropped it down, and it was still to big. I went all the way down to the size of one building, and it was still too big. Where is this problem coming from?

Foxy Rocxy

I dont have a problem necessarly with the reindeer prizes. I get it your a businees, from this point of view however, its way overpriced for the prizes your getting and how come we cant pick and choose what we want. The only thing of inttest on mine is medals but it not $40 -$50 so im passing. If you were to improve it in these ways you would definately get more people to bite AND animosity about it would be as high.

RazorbackPirate

AND animosity about it would be as high.
If animosity will be just as high, why make the change?
I dont have a problem necessarly with the reindeer prizes.
Just paying for them.?
The only thing of inttest on mine is medals but it not $40 -$50 so im passing.
This is funny to me. Your biggest interest is the item with the lowest value. Medals are so stinking easy to get in the game, and there's little to do with them once the last Victory expansion has been placed. Medals. Not the sleeping car for FPs, medals. Lol.

DeletedUser40996

I dont have a problem necessarly with the reindeer prizes. I get it your a businees, from this point of view however, its way overpriced for the prizes your getting and how come we cant pick and choose what we want. The only thing of inttest on mine is medals but it not $40 -$50 so im passing. If you were to improve it in these ways you would definately get more people to bite AND animosity about it would be as high.
Medals is the only thing interesting to you . You must have had awful RNG then . Mine had A 50fp pack A train car a train update and some other stuff (and yes I spent the diamonds to get it as it's my main city)

Gridley

I dont have a problem necessarly with the reindeer prizes. I get it your a businees, from this point of view however, its way overpriced for the prizes your getting and how come we cant pick and choose what we want.

Someone suggested adding the ability to remove an item you didn't want, freeing up a spot for a new one when you get another daily special. That would have made me much more interested - at the moment one of my prizes is 50 goods (even my city produces hundreds every day), another is a winter spire selection kit I, personally, have no use for. Those items raise the price of the remaining items, which makes me less likely to buy them.

Another possibility would be to have the "extra" items be duplicate daily specials from the day they were drawn. If I could double all my daily specials in the event, or even just the first nine, that would certainly be worth diamonds.

RazorbackPirate

Someone suggested adding the ability to remove an item you didn't want, freeing up a spot for a new one when you get another daily special. That would have made me much more interested - at the moment one of my prizes is 50 goods (even my city produces hundreds every day), another is a winter spire selection kit I, personally, have no use for. Those items raise the price of the remaining items, which makes me less likely to buy them.
I also don't want or need most of what I collected. That makes it a pass for me. This would have increased the chance I'd but it.
Another possibility would be to have the "extra" items be duplicate daily specials from the day they were drawn. If I could double all my daily specials in the event, or even just the first nine, that would certainly be worth diamonds.
This obviously would break the balance of the event. Won't ever happen.

Anyone having a problem uploading a picture of their city as requested by the second contest? Every time I tried, it said the image size was too big. So I cropped it down, and it was still to big. I went all the way down to the size of one building, and it was still too big. Where is this problem coming from?

The easiest way is to ‘reduce the size.’ I often use Pages on my iPad by using a corner dot to shrink the photo, then I take a screen shot of it, crop it, and it’s done. Or...look for apps that will “change photo size” i.e., from 8 x 10 to 5 x 7. By shrinking the size, you shrink the size of the file (and lose some detail when returned to a larger size).

Status
Not open for further replies.