• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

There should be an option to ‘dismiss’ the current raindeer set(if you don’t like the prizes) and work on collecting a new one.
Something similar to how you can dismiss a merchant offer in the japan settlement.
I like this idea as long as it has to be an entire set and not just the individual prizes that aren't wanted. And only if it had to be a full set of 9 Reindeer.

RazorbackPirate

There should be an option to ‘dismiss’ the current raindeer set(if you don’t like the prizes) and work on collecting a new one.
Something similar to how you can dismiss a merchant offer in the japan settlement.
That would be a nice feature. At this stage, without it, I doubt I will spend the diamonds, even though the ones I would use I have acquired for free. Being able to dismiss items I don't find valuable then in hopes of replacing them with something I do find valuable would be useful. If nothing else, each dismissed/replaced reindeer would increase the likelihood I'd buy the collection.

They could make so that once it's filled, you can dismiss one prize. Once you fill that spot, you can dismiss another prize in the collection. There are a number of limitations they could put on the dismiss/replace mechanism to maintain balance. You can only dismiss each reindeer one at a time, once every 24 hours, once in total.

Regardless, a mechanism like that would likely make the difference between me spending the diamonds to buy an not. As it stands, for me anyway, it's not.

However, I can acknowledge that neither you or I are the target demographic for this offer. Not that we don;t typically spend diamonds, but that we have cities that don't require it. No, the target demographic for this offer are the one's selling their TFs to the AD then paying 40,000 trade coins for 50 goods.

RazorbackPirate

I like this idea as long as it has to be an entire set and not just the individual prizes that aren't wanted. And only if it had to be a full set of 9 Reindeer.
If the idea is for someone like me to spend diamonds to purchase the set, this makes no sense. Dismissing one crap load of reindeer prizes I won't buy, to replace them with another crap load of reindeer prizes I won't buy means I won't buy.

However, being able to dismiss items individually in hopes of replacing them with better prizes (for me) means that over the course of the event, I might, emphasis might, gather enough wanted prizes to spend the diamonds. Each replacement being subject to the same RNG means there's even a chance to replace the dismissed item with the same thing.

In my one completed sleigh, the Freight car and WT upgrade would go to inventory, the FPs and medals would be consumed (although I don't need them), leaving the Charming Cottage (I have 3 in inventory), The Winter Spire upgrade (I won't be building a second one) Champ Retreat (I get plenty of unattached), Tactician's Tower (I don't use space on city defense), and WW shrink kit would all go to the AD. No way I'm spending 3k diamonds on that.

Being able to dismiss the prizes that would go to the AD to maybe upgrade them to something that wouldn't go to the AD means I might spend the diamonds. No point for Inno to spend the money to develop it your way. It would net them even less diamonds from the reindeer than they'll earn this year. What's the point of that?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If the idea is for someone like me to spend diamonds to purchase the set, this makes no sense. Dismissing one crap load of reindeer prizes I won't buy, to replace them with another crap load of reindeer prizes I won't buy means I won't buy.

However, being able to dismiss items individually in hopes of replacing them with better prizes (for me) means that over the course of the event, I might, emphasis might, gather enough wanted prizes to spend the diamonds. Each replacement being subject to the same RNG means there's even a chance to replace the dismissed item with the same thing.

In my one completed sleigh, the Freight car and WT upgrade would go to inventory, the FPs and medals would be consumed (although I don't need them), leaving the Charming Cottage (I have 3 in inventory), The Winter Spire upgrade (I won't be building a second one) Champ Retreat (I get plenty of unattached), Tactician's Tower (I don't use space on city defense), and WW shrink kit would all go to the AD. No way I'm spending 3k diamonds on that.

Being able to dismiss the prizes that would go to the AD to maybe upgrade them to something that wouldn't go to the AD means I might spend the diamonds. No point for Inno to spend the money to develop it your way. It would net them even less diamonds from the reindeer than they'll earn this year. What's the point of that?
And being able to replace individual prizes until all you have are great ones makes the feature overpowered. Giving even more of an advantage to Diamond players than they already have. That makes no sense.

RazorbackPirate

And being able to replace individual prizes until all you have are great ones makes the feature overpowered. Giving even more of an advantage to Diamond players than they already have. That makes no sense.
Diamond players already have the advantage. No one other than another diamond spender can ever touch them. So what? The spenders are going to spend. I've never figured out why people are so obsessed with the power in someone else's city or why they want to penalize diamond spenders for spending diamonds to get there. What's it to you?

The reindeer are not for them anyway. They're for the rest of us. This idea is about making the reindeer something non-diamond players might actually spend diamonds on.

In the city where I've completed the collection, I would have already had the chance to replace two prizes. By the end of the event, I'll have opened about 18 more presents, giving me the chance to replace one, maybe two more. Given the RNG, what are the chances I'll end up with a sleigh full of nothing but great ones? Pretty ding dang low. In total, I'd get the chance to have maybe 5 replacements, which might get me one additional great prize, two if I'm really lucky.

DeletedUser40996

Diamond players already have the advantage. No one other than another diamond spender can ever touch them. So what? The spenders are going to spend. I've never figured out why people are so obsessed with the power in someone else's city or why they want to penalize diamond spenders for spending diamonds to get there. What's it to you?

The reindeer are not for them anyway. They're for the rest of us. This idea is about making the reindeer something non-diamond players might actually spend diamonds on.

In the city where I've completed the collection, I would have already had the chance to replace two prizes. By the end of the event, I'll have opened about 18 more presents, giving me the chance to replace one, maybe two more. Given the RNG, what are the chances I'll end up with a sleigh full of nothing but great ones? Pretty ding dang low. In total, I'd get the chance to have maybe 5 replacements, which might get me one additional great prize, two if I'm really lucky.
Yep . Ive gotten TWO DS in my main city since I bought collection there . and with just 8 days left(160 Stars) how many more can you expect to get without spending diamonds to buy stars. it would've been nice to try and get some better things in the sleigh before buying it but at the end of the day it's up to the individuals to decide if it's worth it or not within the framework that Inno designed the event .

DeletedUser30312

Well, so far I've picked up two of the Dining Cars and one each of the others. I'm a bit reluctant to spend too much on them until I look at how the bonuses add up. A big long train looks impressive, but I have to weigh it against how much space is being used up and my city's overall needs. I also wanted to get some Tactician Towers, but the RNG was very unkind there, all I got was the one from the Ticket Prizes, but they're non seasonal and may show up in other events. I'm not too concerned about the reindeer. Another Dining Car and a Winter Spire upgrade isn't worth it for the rest of the junk.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41065

You could have something like each raindeer price can be dismissed once per day or something similar that has balance...

DeletedUser41065

And you could only make 1 total dismis per day. That sounds pretty balanced

qaccy

@RazorbackPirate The thing about reindeer prizes is that it seems like it's been engineered so that certain prizes are all in a 'pool' together and getting one locks you out from getting anything else from that pool. An easy example is train cars. If your sleigh contains a train car of any type, you won't see any more train cars in that sleigh, even of the other two types. I don't think anyone's really looked too much into what all of the prize 'pools' are considering the cost (if there even are other pools), but to me the option to dismiss certain prizes in favor of getting another one just sounds like you're likely to get the exact same prize again in that slot. Not to mention any given prize can only appear a maximum of once in a sliegh, that means that dismissing one reindeer out of 9 already has 8 slots locked in, and potentially 8 different prize pools locked in as well. I don't think the RNG would really be in anybody's favor, at least not as much as we're imagining, if we were allowed to dismiss individual reindeer.

Graviton

This event has done what four years' worth of past events haven't been able to manage: make me spend more than a handful of diamonds. So far I've spent around 6000 on this event (already in my inventory; I still haven't dropped real dollars), but not for reindeer packages nor even stars. I've spent them on expansions for the train. Sneaky Inno!

DeletedUser41065

Did they actually changed the 65th quest so Bronze age can complete the event?!!?!?

That's actually pretty awesome!

Regards

Algona

"Get Going!"

That was unusual. I think? Got a splash screen in two of my three worlds about the Event ending soon. Does anyone remember INNO doing that before?

qaccy

If I have one gripe with this event, it's using up the train tickets. I much prefer when events don't require extra clicks to receive the grand prizes, and they're given automatically just from playing the 'main' part of the event. In this case, couldn't the train advance along the track automatically whenever a present is opened? What purpose is served by having to open presents, and then spend extra time just clicking on the button to spend tickets? Is it something that could only be done this way?

EDIT: Had 610 tickets, it took me 16 minutes of nonstop clicking to use them all. Since it was just filling a progress bar the whole time, it didn't feel very fun compared to the small 'surprise' when clicking on presents to open.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27046

I love trains! And, I love listening to the chug and whislte sounds while I'm trying to get goodies =D
mmhmm me like that to,, but where is the Train whistle for the one I put in my city ?? Winter spire rings bells,, Pirate ship arrgg's,,etc,,where is my train whistle ?????:confused:

Why should we have to Win crap prizes, so we can have the privilege of buying them with diamonds? Why not open another box so shop so you can purchase anything your heart desires, if you have enough diamonds to do it.......... They are just trying to be money grubbing and make a fun event corrupted by not saying beware if you win these prizes they are not really yours you still have to purchase them!!!!!!!

RazorbackPirate

Why should we have to Win crap prizes, so we can have the privilege of buying them with diamonds? Why not open another box so shop so you can purchase anything your heart desires, if you have enough diamonds to do it.......... They are just trying to be money grubbing and make a fun event corrupted by not saying beware if you win these prizes they are not really yours you still have to purchase them!!!!!!!
Sorry they didn't word the reindeer offer to your liking, but they were abundantly clear in the event announcement that after you collected one or more reindeer, you could claim the collection for the low, low price of 2,995 diamonds. Collect all nine for the best deal.

Don't buy them if you don't want them.

Algona

I'm sure INNO will act promptly on this feedback and, oh, gee, I dunno..., do... What? The Event has 27 hours left.

If they are crap prizes why are you so upset? If it weren't for INNO having clearly explained how it worked I could see you being unhappy about having to spend 3K Diamonds on 9 great prizes.

But to get upset because you didn't get free crap?

Always this confused or residual hangover?

Agent327

Why should we have to Win crap prizes, so we can have the privilege of buying them with diamonds? Why not open another box so shop so you can purchase anything your heart desires, if you have enough diamonds to do it

Because they opted for this format.

They are just trying to be money grubbing and make a fun event corrupted by not saying beware if you win these prizes they are not really yours you still have to purchase them!!!!!!!

They did say it. Are they to blame for you not reading it?

Status
Not open for further replies.