• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2020 Feedback

Just An Observer

The Bakeries held no interest for me but I still found enough of what I wanted to consider the event a success on a personal level. Rogue Hideouts with Rogue's Den shrinking kits were found in the quantity I desired. So were the Sentinel upgrades. Lots of stuff went to the AD so I have a healthy amount there. Add in the FP's, Medals, coins, supplies, goods and units. For an event with so little in terms of the event buildings, I was happy to get what I did.

This was my first Winter Event. It was OK, nothing to write home about but I had fun with it.

I got 2 full Bakeries plus 1 Bakery at either level 4 or 5 in my big city and 2 baby cities, which means that sometime this year I'll only need 1 or 2 upgrade kits to have a full 3 in each. This was WITHOUT buying any diamonds. Not bad! I'm good with that.

That calendar was ridiculous and I gave no attention to those shenanigans. I mean really. Who thought that was a good idea.

The event felt gawd-awful long, but I think that's only because after 7 months I'm well used to 2-week jaunts. Overall, I was happy with the stuff I got because what I don't keep will fetch me a pretty penny in the AD.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

My end of event feedback is that I got 3 fully upgraded buildings for no diamonds thanks to the Shuffle Gods. Too bad the buildings are not up to par with other recent event buildings and will never see the light of day in my city.

Got a decent amount of daily specials too, which made me feel pretty good.

Reindeer didn't matter to me, but I did have a full sleigh available to look at throughout the event.

Calendar is a total waste of space the way it is configured, but I was able to use the 4 non-specific keys I earned from dailies and the event to open the doors to gain some forge points and a 1 up kit, so I guess it was fine from that perspective.

The event did feel like it was never-ending and a bit too long in my opinion, maybe partly because it is never one of the more fun events to play and always feels too scroogey because of the way it is set up with random picking, the shuffle that shows up when you don't want it but never seems to until the end if you do, and the obvious diamond grabs.

I'll give it 4/10 compared to last year being a 6/10.

CommanderCool1234

I really enjoyed this winter event, I seem to always get lucky with the daily's I got a winter train and 6 attack cars withought spending diamonds. I also got 3 sentinel outposts and I did place the winter bakerys.

Ahh, geez, I totally forgot to mention my winter train. Got one of those, updated to level 2, with one freight car and 2 dining cars. Without buying diamonds or stars. Totally good with that.

I can be a big kid sometimes, so heck, snow falling on my city throughout the month and trying to spot incidents in that snow and boats on the ice gave me a little kick, LOL.

Dbrdmkr

The event was fun . however, I learned to my dismay that the buildings which are large ( as some have already noted) cannot give the boost of being adjacent to one another unless they are leveled up to the top level, and are differing from one another. So, in a small city I have one at level and one at 4 of 5 level. The game words the building as "when next to other unique winter bakery set buildings" no where is it explained or stated that the building must all be at the top level. This I think is poor wording on the part of Inno. So now I cannot gain the boost desired, ( none else in similar position) and I currently have no way to obtain the remaining leveling for the building. And as I do not choose to spend $$ for each event. I feel as if I and any as I am are being penalized. I would ask in the future Inno not make games, or event games, or settlement games that are constant diamond eaters. Give everyone an equal chance to play an event - without having to spend cash to succeed.

Johnny B. Goode

The game words the building as "when next to other unique winter bakery set buildings" no where is it explained or stated that the building must all be at the top level.
They probably assumed we were all smart enough to realize that the Winter Bakeries aren't unique until they're fully upgraded. Levels one through five they are all just generic Winter Bakeries.

Agent327

The game words the building as "when next to other unique winter bakery set buildings" no where is it explained or stated that the building must all be at the top level.

This special 3x5 building can be upgraded to level 5. Once level 5 is reached, you will be able to choose among 4 different looks, with each one providing a particular advantage to your city. Also, when placed next to each other, these Bakeries will increase their output even further!