• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2020 Feedback

CaptainKirk1234

I was under the impression that if you placed all 4 winter bakery's in a line that it would get all the boosts.

Kind of like this: Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 1.28.57 AM.png

Instead of like this: Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 1.34.54 AM.png

Or this: Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 1.36.49 AM.png

Tytan the Great

Now that the event is live and after reading the description in the game, there are no mentioning of needing to get the Winters Bakery maxed to get the bonus. It says They only have to touch other unique Winter Bakery to get the bonus. Someone needs to update those descriptions to clarify this.

Spotmeows

I can already see the Calendar is going to be a massive ripoff. You have to open present after present after present in a futile attempt to find the key to open the Door of the Day, and if you can't, well, you can spend 500 diamonds to open ONE missed door. That's 16,000 (or more than $100 in real money) to open all 32. Scrooge must have been the one who came up with that idea!

CaptainKirk1234

I can already see the Calendar is going to be a massive ripoff. You have to open present after present after present in a futile attempt to find the key to open the Door of the Day, and if you can't, well, you can spend 500 diamonds to open ONE missed door. That's 16,000 (or more than $100 in real money) to open all 32. Scrooge must have been the one who came up with that idea!

If you open half the calender then you could spend about 50 dollars to get the lock picks.

67Sage101

The prizes with the exception of the rare good ones are junk. 2FP, or a house....Ugh. This is a present! I should feel happy about opening it. The cost of the sleigh items is bogus. $33.27 US averagely speaking to get the rewards? Pay Santa and he'll give you a present. And matches...I had 3 in a row that were 1 match in the box. Talk about random...3 heads in a row is something of a miracle, statistically speaking. But 1 out of 3 x3 is a program glitch.

1/2*1/2*1/2 = 1/8 chance of 3 heads in a row. 1/3*1/3*1/3=1 in 27 chance of getting 3 single matches in row. I should go play the lottery I'm so lucky.

Last edited:

mike87ss

as usual in the winter event, as with all the "events" 3rd quest in and Im done, because im NOT going to build things that i dont need or want. why do you do that in all the events? i will no longer be able to collect stars through the event quest because im not wasting coins, and supplies building thins i dont need t and dont have room for. you need to stop this practice!!

Kranyar the Mysterious

the prizes are junk, same with the prizes in GBG
You have a weird sense of playing the game and what is junk then. Tons of fp, replacement attack boosts, troops, diamonds? Yup, total junk. The SoH is a very good fp producer per space and gives guild goods to boot (that even count towards donate quests).

Even the Road to Nowhere is good for someone that still has space to spare in their city for the attack defense, at least until they can replace it with something better. Worst case it is good AD fodder.

As to building stuff to complete event quests, not everyone is going to like every quest task in an event, and the build ones are easy enough that not many will complain about having to do them. So choosing to hurt your game by not doing those is totally on you.

-Chen-

You have a weird sense of playing the game and what is junk then. Tons of fp, replacement attack boosts, troops, diamonds? Yup, total junk. The SoH is a very good fp producer per space and gives guild goods to boot (that even count towards donate quests).

Even the Road to Nowhere is good for someone that still has space to spare in their city for the attack defense, at least until they can replace it with something better. Worst case it is good AD fodder.

As to building stuff to complete event quests, not everyone is going to like every quest task in an event, and the build ones are easy enough that not many will complain about having to do them. So choosing to hurt your game by not doing those is totally on you.

Yea, I'm usually the first to step up and say so when I don't like something, I certainly had my fair share to say about the daily special drop rate in the Halloween event for example, but I don't really get all the quick negative reactions to this event.
It's been very good to me so far. The game play and hit rate on the daily special kind of reminds me of the summer event with the Villa and Crow's Nest, but not quite as much luck involved, and you don't have to keep a tab open on your computer waiting for the main prize you want to come up on a wheel. Of course, there's no building in this event anywhere near as good as the Villa, but there's always a trade off.

I'll admit that I think the mechanics of the bakery have purposely been made more difficult than they should be, but beyond that, it's not a bad building. Really like the Winter Train, now I just need to wait for the cars to show up as the daily special.

mintbunnies

Does anyone have thoughts about 3 buildings (macaron-gingerbread-macaron) in a row instead of 3 unique buildings in a pyramid?

Algona

all the quick negative reactions to this event.

Purely personal opinion:

Folks who have done other Events but not Winter Events are going to go bonkers about how tough the Daily's are, the Reindeer, the Shuffler, the quality of the Presents and Grand Prizes and Daily Specials, the new Calendar, and, well, pretty much every aspect of this Event.

In other words, the normal reaction posted in any Event Feedback thread.

There is a nugget of truth here though.

The Winter Event is the toughest to get a lot of high quality Daily Specials, always has been.

That is the nature of this Event.

Grab some popcorn and enjoy?

----------

My gripe is the same from the last few Events, that the explanation + tutorial is not up to the complexity of the Event interface.

I'm experienced with a proven history of doing well in Events and I'm spending a fair amount of time doping out what to do. That's my fault, I don't do spoilers.

Yeah, there are spoilers and you can get advice from folk from beta, but maybe that is indicative of the problem that such are somewhere between really useful torequired to not screw up in the first few days?

I suspect a lot of new folk will make critical mistakes that prevent them from doing well in this Event, same as the past few Events.

mintbunnies

Since they all touch only one unique building your set building is limited.
Yes but am I reading it right? 2 macaron and 1 gingerbread is 13 defense - 10 attack - 13 defense (but buildings in a row)

VS

15 attack - 18 defense - 3 FP (buildings in a pyramid shape)