• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2020 Feedback

mintbunnies

No

However you pit them, they are not 3 unique buildings.
Umm I think you're not understanding what I'm saying. I don't want 3 unique buildings. I want 2 macaron & 1 gingerbread. I'd get 3 more defense and 3 less FP but at least they would be in-a-row.

Agent327

Umm I think you're not understanding what I'm saying. I don't want 3 unique buildings. I want 2 macaron & 1 gingerbread. I'd get 3 more defense and 3 less FP but at least they would be in-a-row.

You do not understand what I am saying. You can get them, but you will not get the max bonus, no matter how you combine them.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Yes but am I reading it right? 2 macaron and 1 gingerbread is 13 defense - 10 attack - 13 defense (but buildings in a row)

VS

15 attack - 18 defense - 3 FP (buildings in a pyramid shape)
Putting 2 Macaron's next to a Gingerbread will only count as one bonus for the Gingerbread, not two, since 2 Macaron's are not considered two unique buildings, only one. So all buildings will only get the first bonus, not the second.

Pumbaa the Great

The best bonus you would get with those 3 buildings are 18% Atk for Def army and 10% Atk (for gingerbread), and 18% x2 Def, and 13% x2 for Def for Atk army (2 macarons). Regardless if you line them up or pyramid them.

Just An Observer

Wish I could gift you my extra Rogue Hideouts. Since I found out extra's only give you two rogues unless you pony up 550 diamonds to unlock slots. My 2 extras in inventory are collecting dust waiting for a day when selling them in the antiques shop actually gives a fair return on time to collect like say the same as what they cost from the antique dealer.

As a P2P player, I unlock all the slots and have them set up as 2x2 Rogue's Dens. Three are in hand with the goal being 7.

Strange to say that the Champion camp only has 2 slots, one of which needs to be unlocked, but I pile up Champions like crazy and lose very few. That means only one Champion camp is needed and even then it might not be! I will keep it around though just in case future demands due to more autobattling take place.

mintbunnies

Putting 2 Macaron's next to a Gingerbread will only count as one bonus for the Gingerbread, not two, since 2 Macaron's are not considered two unique buildings, only one. So all buildings will only get the first bonus, not the second.
Yes I know. I'm asking if anyone considered what the math is for 2 defense bakeries + 1 attack bakery which only get 1 connection each as compared with 1 attack + 1 defense+ 1 FP bakery with 2 connections each.

Because it seems to me strictly looking at the combined stats for the attacking army (and ignoring the city defense part) I could get 3 more defense but 3 less FP with the first method. The per square ratio for attack and defense I mean.

The added benefit of keeping the buildings in a straight line seems like it would be worth it too.

Yugi the 7empest

Point 1: So 3 bakeries give 15/18 att/def buff and 15 fps on 45 tiles if we can somehow get them all to touch....OR we can just place 5 Face of Ancient and 6 Sentinel towers to get the same buffs on 26 tiles, minus the 15 points. ROI favors the latter or at minimum suggests that these buildings are not that great.

Point 2: So in order to get the daily prize, you have to pick the 1 present it is found in and then pick the present that resets everything, in that order, to save having to open all 18. This is much more difficult than in events past where the daily prize was available for all selections, albeit with varying percentages of successfully getting it. The method used in the winter event is fine IF the daily prize was a "one of" prize like SoK or Sentinel tower, but it's really bad for a selection kit. There is little if any chance that one can expect to put a lvl 9 train together let alone getting any cars for it under this daily prize method, at least without a credit card.

Pickleweasel

I would like to see the shuffle present as a stand-alone that one can choose when they wish. If that were the case, one could either choose to use it or wait out the daily reset timer; take away the 10 stars that come with it, if need be for balancing. I think that would make the event more palatable for many people.

As it stands now over this year and last it is just frustrating to have opened 10+ gifts in any given set without getting the daily special . . . and then shuffle when I don't want to shuffle.

-Chen-

Second day daily prizes are so lack luster....I don't even want to push that start button.
Sleigh Builders actually aren't half bad, especially if you're at the point where you're dealing with two lane roads, huge goods buildings, and unrefined goods.

Aggressor

I dont like the new calendar
Its pretty useless in my opinion. Do they expect us to go to all the trouble of getting these lock picks and keys or even worse, spend a healthy amount of our diamonds just for the measly rewards in that calendar? I got 10 FPs from one yesterday. Big whoop. I do not want to waste five days pursuing lock picks in the daily special if all im gonna get is something like that. Increase the calendar rewards or give us back a regular second daily challenge option instead of those dumb lock picks. Right now the calendar is not new and exciting, its another roadblock.
Brings back memories of the soccer event when they tried to add the new tournament feature to the already existing soccer event mechanics and received a lot of criticism.

Pumbaa the Great

Its pretty useless in my opinion. Do they expect us to go to all the trouble of getting these lock picks and keys or even worse, spend a healthy amount of our diamonds just for the measly rewards in that calendar? I got 10 FPs from one yesterday. Big whoop. I do not want to waste five days pursuing lock picks in the daily special if all im gonna get is something like that. Increase the calendar rewards or give us back a regular second daily challenge option instead of those dumb lock picks. Right now the calendar is not new and exciting, its another roadblock.
Brings back memories of the soccer event when they tried to add the new tournament feature to the already existing soccer event mechanics and received a lot of criticism.
The answer to your 1st question is YES to all the above... :p

Plunder Queen

Do you know if there was a beta calendar? If so, what were the prizes? Got a ceramics factory today.

Pickleweasel

Do you know if there was a beta calendar? If so, what were the prizes? Got a ceramics factory today.

There was not a single prize on the beta side in the calendar that I would pursue. If the day happened to coincide with a daily special day I was working on, sure, but otherwise (there was a one-up once) . . . not worth it. Many of the days were medals, supplies, coins, meager forge points, goods and decorations.

Kranyar the Mysterious

People, this is a feedback thread, not 1000 questions. Please stick to feedback. For qestions about the event I have opened a seperate thread. Please use that one.

My feedback is that if a separate thread is needed to ask questions due to a major increase in questions vs. other events, then this event is inherently flawed in it's information presentation.

A full set of main prize buildings should be obtainable for free if a player completes the event and uses reasonable intelligence in the way they play the event games, and if that building is part of a set all pieces should be obtainable at least to the point that all basic set bonus' are unlocked by adjoining pieces. That is not the case in this event. Non-fully upgraded pieces do not contribute to the set, and it is only possible to get 2 out of 4 fully upgraded buildings in this event, not enough to activate the full bonus on even one of the set pieces.

The collection from fully upgraded buildings in inferior to prior event's main prize buildings, and in fact does not at least match prior event buildings. While new buildings don't necessarily need to be better than prior offerings, they should be at least equivalent to prior offerings.

The calendar has prizes that even a new player will find worthless. In addition, removing one of the daily challenges to obtain lockpicks for opening up a calendar door instead of extra event currency reduces the value of participating in this event. The calendar is a worthless addition to this event, and adds no fun.

These things, in addition to other issues that have been ignored by InnoGames for years, make this event one where I will spend absolutely no diamonds to try for more rewards than what I can obtain from simply playing the game with event currency obtained for free.

In short, this event is simply a non-entertaining slogfest.