• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2020 Feedback

Ricardoso83

Why? Each Bakery only has to touch two other unique Bakeries. In a 6x10 rectangle each one will be touching two others.

They need conection to the road :p, one road to 3.

Honestly, what did anyone expect from an event ending off 2020, we got covid, wildfires, general chaos, so a great event to wrap it all up would just feel off kilter.

I Remember a time where my Gran Gran mother, was still alive...She was Broke that year to fix her teeth with the parts needed them she made us all a surprise in the family, in that winter of 99, she offered instead of a pair of wool socks, 2 pairs for each person, we were so surprised...

Them she died a couple years later and i still use her 2 socks to sleep warm, more the 234 i have more...

Basically in this Inno poor christmas, you are only receiving 2 pairs of good socks...the rest is for Stocking, LMAO...Maybe we can make a wool coat for this winter...

Last edited:

Ricardoso83

The comment I was replying to specifically said that the Bakeries needed to be offset somehow to get max bonuses, which is false. The need for a road is beside the point.

Yes it needs an offset for all the bonus (All) the 3. so you need a pyramid shape because its 3 rectangulars next to eachother and you still need a road, so it forms a pyramid shape of plus one with the road so 6x10 turns into 7x10, the offset is the road that you also need.

I encounter today another non logical situation in the presents, i got double than shuffle, lost the double, 0 logic...

Last edited:

Beorn Bear

Yes it needs an offset for all the bonus (All) the 3. so you need a pyramid shape because its 3 rectangulars next to eachother and you still need a road, so it forms a pyramid shape of plus one with the road so 6x10 turns into 7x10, the offset is the road that you also need.
Please quit arguing when you don't know what you're talking about. There are FOUR Winter Bakeries. All four can be put into a rectangular shape which will give the full bonuses to all four. Four 3x5 Bakeries would form a 6x10 rectangle. If you only use 3, then it's not 6x10 or 7x10 because it's not a rectangle. And every building producing resources needs a road, as I said, so it's not germane to this discussion. (And to be specific, three Bakeries would result in a 6x5 block backed up against an offset 3x5 block that would leave two empty spaces to fill, one 2x5 and one 1x5. Or, a 3x10 block offset against a 3x5 block that would result in 3x3 and 3x2 empty spaces left to fill. Neither case results in a 6x10 or 7x10 rectangle solely occupied by the Bakeries.)

Last edited:

Joeyjojojo

I've always been a bit down on the winter event, because the present mechanic is...not great. It's more reliant on luck as multiple factors are competing--so maybe similar average but much longer tails on the distribution. The reindeer added last year are fine--spend the diamonds if you want, but the complaining about them seems odd to me, particularly the "junk" comment when there was a sleigh builder a train kit and a bakery kit among the prizes as any one of those would set you back a bunch of diamonds to get. Last year the train was excellent and made up for the issues. This year the bakery is just ok (compared with recent prizes). The lighting is slow and annoying after your first pass through (even clicking through quickly takes too long imo) but even if it's worse than normal it's still something that happens in many events.

My main gripe with the event this year is the new calendar, which seems particularly obnoxious. I guess the idea was to incentivize players to try to get presents daily but the chances are so bad that it really doesn't change the way to play this event: wait for a daily you want and spend all your stars on that. If they had tied the key to opening presents in some other way (first present opened also gives a key, then every 10th or shuffle gets a lockpick or something) then I might be tempted to use a few stars each day for them, but as is I see no reason to bother trying for it. If you get keys, go ahead and open those doors and when the event is nearly done, find out what the prizes are (using information from...some mysterious place) and use lockpicks to get whatever you want/can.

There's just nothing about this event that I'm at all excited about other than the mediocre chance for dailies when the train comes back up--I already missed the SO days.

Ricardoso83

Please quit arguing when you don't know what you're talking about. There are FOUR Winter Bakeries. All four can be put into a rectangular shape which will give the full bonuses to all four. Four 3x5 Bakeries would form a 6x10 rectangle. If you only use 3, then it's not 6x10 or 7x10 because it's not a rectangle. And every building producing resources needs a road, as I said, so it's not germane to this discussion. (And to be specific, three Bakeries would result in a 6x5 block backed up against an offset 3x5 block that would leave two empty spaces to fill, one 2x5 and one 1x5. Or, a 3x10 block offset against a 3x5 block that would result in 3x3 and 3x2 empty spaces left to fill. Neither case results in a 6x10 or 7x10 rectangle solely occupied by the Bakeries.)

As i said because you Sir, arrived late of the discussion, its impossible nearly to get the 4 and you should with diamonds get atmost the 3, the convo was about the subject from before of getting the 3 of them, not the 4? Okay.

I've always been a bit down on the winter event, because the present mechanic is...not great. It's more reliant on luck as multiple factors are competing--so maybe similar average but much longer tails on the distribution. The reindeer added last year are fine--spend the diamonds if you want, but the complaining about them seems odd to me, particularly the "junk" comment when there was a sleigh builder a train kit and a bakery kit among the prizes as any one of those would set you back a bunch of diamonds to get. Last year the train was excellent and made up for the issues. This year the bakery is just ok (compared with recent prizes). The lighting is slow and annoying after your first pass through (even clicking through quickly takes too long imo) but even if it's worse than normal it's still something that happens in many events.

My main gripe with the event this year is the new calendar, which seems particularly obnoxious. I guess the idea was to incentivize players to try to get presents daily but the chances are so bad that it really doesn't change the way to play this event: wait for a daily you want and spend all your stars on that. If they had tied the key to opening presents in some other way (first present opened also gives a key, then every 10th or shuffle gets a lockpick or something) then I might be tempted to use a few stars each day for them, but as is I see no reason to bother trying for it. If you get keys, go ahead and open those doors and when the event is nearly done, find out what the prizes are (using information from...some mysterious place) and use lockpicks to get whatever you want/can.

There's just nothing about this event that I'm at all excited about other than the mediocre chance for dailies when the train comes back up--I already missed the SO days.

Well it is what it is, these "fresbies"!!! Them the goody ones they charge 4k, its a bloody nonsense...

"Getting socks for this christmas by Inno"

CommanderCool1234

As i said because you Sir, arrived late of the discussion, its impossible nearly to get the 4 and you should with diamonds get atmost the 3, the convo was about the subject from before of getting the 3 of them, not the 4? Okay.
Lets assume you get three, you can place them in a straight line because the bonuses work in a chain.

PapaTech

I understand that there is only one key per day. But when you get a 2X prize it should be 2X whatever is in the next present. As is stated in the main page of the WInter Event:

Times Two, which doubles the contents of the next present that you open.

When you get 2x and the next present you hit is a key, you should get 2 keys or at least 1 key and 10 lockpicks which are worth 2 keys. The idea that you only get one lock pick (1/10 of a key) and a few stars is ridiculous and goes against the rule above.

Same goes if you hit 2 keys in one day. You should get 10 lock picks not 1. It is random to get keys, so getting double keys is a big deal...or it should be.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

I saw it in a foehints video but if I am incorrect please feel free to correct me but can you please explain it.
It has been discussed in this thread ad naseum that lining them up won't work, since the bonuses don't work in a chain, they work just like every other set. In order to get the second bonus, the fully upgraded bakery must touch two distinct fully upgraded buildings. That means in order to get all 3 buildings with their full bonus they must be pyramided. A line will only give one bonus to the outside buildings and both bonuses to the middle one.

Beorn Bear

LOL. Okay. Then explain the references to 6x10 and 7x10, which I have demonstrated are not relevant to a discussion of 3 Bakeries. (And I'm betting it will take quite a few Diamonds to even get 3 fully upgraded Bakeries, which you need to even start thinking about extra bonuses. Unless, of course, you're planning on waiting until next year's event or after to finish upgrading them.)

TheRyz

Shuffle made it impossible for me to finish without paying. 3 times, 90% through selecting because no stinking key, shuffles, had to use almost 400 stars, what a freaking crock.

Sabriea624

I can't believe they want almost 3000 diamonds to get prizes that can easily be won on guild expeditions? I mean in canada that would cost almost 70 dollars! I don't know who came up with this but its really a bad idea!! I couldn't believe it when support said I still have to pay the diamonds to get these prizes?

Oswyn the noble

i just wanna say the winter event has been the easiet than previous events. maxxing out my bakery on my other cities, sans main world. a very fun filled, succesful event. the previous events i couldnt complete the final upgrades and was left with partial buildings. good job inno

Plunder Queen

Took 6,000 diamonds to get another fully upgraded train. Was lucky and got the train selection kit doubled. Going to work on the calendar. So far just missing one day. Made the mistake of picking the evergreen tree last year so went with the charcoal. Brought up my attack quite a bit more.