• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2022 Feedback

Zatrikon

Quest 13 story refers to "knocker-up". You might want to learn what the phrase "knock up" means in America. :D

Moonlight Queen

The holiday event is for Inno. They want presents. I used to love the special events and now you are making them impossible to force players into purchasing to complete anything. I agree with KeithofTheForge, the Elves gift shelf is absolutely trash! The special event building is ok; not stellar. I agree, they can do much better than this.

CDmark

Sentinel selection kit +++++++ Great it has been combined.
I would prefer the Elves Workshop not pop up when I open a present, it can be done only if I go in and start collecting those prizes, not forced selection to continue. It would be like how we collect grand prizes now, we have them queued up and we collect when we want.

Dursland

Doesn't the elves pop-up stop once you've filled the presents? Hope so because I just filled them lol. Came to post about it actually.

Was gonna say my lineup is pretty decent compared to what I've seen others post. 3x winter spire selection kit, 3x winter train kit, 40fp (total), 160 of each goods same era (total), 2 one-up kits. Only bad item is 10x self aid kit.

If I was building the winter train or spire I would consider buying this. If it had 3x winter canal I would be sold lol. It's too bad a lineup like this can't be more common and make the elves gifts worthwhile.

Edit; pop up does not stop. Why inno? Why?

CDmark

Doesn't the elves pop-up stop once you've filled the presents? Hope so because I just filled them lol. Came to post about it actually.

Was gonna say my lineup is pretty decent compared to what I've seen others post. 3x winter spire selection kit, 3x winter train kit, 40fp (total), 160 of each goods same era (total), 2 one-up kits. Only bad item is 10x self aid kit.

If I was building the winter train or spire I would consider buying this. If it had 3x winter canal I would be sold lol. It's too bad a lineup like this can't be more common and make the elves gifts worthwhile.

Edit; pop up does not stop. Why inno? Why?
This is one of those events I don't go for prior event building kits. It has to do with having no control on the presents for daily specials, completely random. You can get a whole bunch or none. If I had 1 or 2 needed, I would do it. but to try and get all the kits for a complete building, usually 9+ needed, I save myself the possible frustration and go for something like sentinels. Now the sentinel is a kit, L1 or upgrade, that is great, I don't get too many of one. So this event, it is sentinel kit for me.

They should keep the Elves Workshop pop up, like my 6 yr old's Elf on the Shelf, on the shelf until you want to do it....which reminds me, gotta move that elf, she checks every morning....lol

ScreamingZiva

1670246895005.png
I had a little better luck than KeithOfTheForge. I don't really need another Winter train though. If that was a car selection kit, I might do this.

Shuffle is the most infuriating "prize" of all. I search for keys daily. To spend 100 stars to reveal half the board, narrow it down, then BOOM shuffle. Then spend another 80-100 stars again, BOOM shuffle. another 20 stars, SHUFFLE. Take the shuffle out of the table of prizes. Or, let it be an optional that once you have it, you can bank it, then get what you want, and shuffle the board at that point. No other event has anything like this. Why not introduce a 'fumble' in the Football event that sets you back to the beginning. Or heck, remove the shuffle 'prize' entirely, add it as a feature, and charge 10 or 20 diamonds to shuffle the board once you get what you want. That might be a win-win. Players get what we want from the prizes without the risk of losing progress, Inno gets diamonds for the shuffles.

Mack-bolan

This event is just boring and is easily the worst in the last 2 years. We get very few stars so I am saving them for a good daily prize. That has translated into me only playing one day so far. I am going to end up with fewer rewards from this event than from any other event which I can remember playing in the last year or two. I don't see any chance of getting the new building to max level without spending a pile of diamonds, and it all tops off with the elf on the shelf which is just an overpriced set of mediocre prizes.

Dursland

Great timing on today's special! Had just enough stars to win a reno kit with 28 stars remaining. Now have 11 for all my Stage of Ages when I age up in a couple days.

As to the above complaint, from reading on beta it should be possible to get fully upgraded chocolatery without spending diamonds - as long as you don't try to do the calendar too.

Pericles the Lion

The shuffle quantity is a bit much , 22 opened and 11 shuffles hit . 3 of them in a row even. Just wow
Depending on the player's goal this could be a great outcome. The shuffle is essentially a "free turn" with a bonus. When selected it reshuffles the board, gives 10 stars, and gives one match. Players going for the Chocolatery would be very happy selecting the shuffle every time they choose a present.

HRH Aleena

I won't be forking over any real cash for the extra prizes.
Inno has been getting greedy and phoning it in for a long time now. Cut and paste space ages, cut and paste events, lackluster GBs, castle system paywall, breaking everything up into fragments, and now limiting what you can do with their "premium" currency. The list keeps getting longer. Small wonder why I'm playing less and less. I'd quit outright if it wasn't for my daily dose of GvG camaraderie.
I agree with everything you said. The frags instead of a whole bio lot item just pisses me off. And not being able to get a fully leveled building without spending money/diamonds, even though you finish the event is just wrong. I have stopped caring if I finish the event for a while now because of this.

Pericles the Lion

I agree with everything you said. The frags instead of a whole bio lot item just pisses me off. And not being able to get a fully leveled building without spending money/diamonds, even though you finish the event is just wrong. I have stopped caring if I finish the event for a while now because of this.
Maybe you should invest about 20 minutes of your time to watch MooingCat's video on the subject. He simulated the event and determined that there is a 99.8% chance of getting the fully levelled Chocolatery without spending diamonds on the conditions that players (1) completed all of the quests, (2) logged in daily to collect incidents, and (3) saved up event currency and spent it on only one or two days (going for the more desirable daily specials). 99.8% isn't 100% but it's close enough.

LoveNkind

It's sad the chocolatery doesn't give coin. Half my city is Stage of Ages so I don't have many houses and the ones that are there are disconnected. I'm hurting for coins so bad haha.
Wow, I hav many MILLIONS of coin (and of supplies) in both my cities. NO houses. My coins come from event buildings and GB and GE and GBG and incidents and event prizes. Raise your CoA and maybe other things.

LoveNkind

This event is simply as lame as the spinning ship's wheel from a couple of months ago. Can't earn diamonds, don't earn enough stars. So why play?
I see you are a new play. Over time you get bigger and your troops get more powerful. New players do not have to get complete event buildings to benefit from them. Even a level 1 or two may enable you to have more space by the population letting you take down some houses. I get a few hundred diamonds a week from level 4 GE. It takes a while to get there, too. A good guild is a huge help in FoE.

Dursland

Wow, I hav many MILLIONS of coin (and of supplies) in both my cities. NO houses. My coins come from event buildings and GB and GE and GBG and incidents and event prizes. Raise your CoA and maybe other things.
Dilmun is a new world, that's why. I've barely had time to build up my stockpile between Fall and Halloween event which were both very heavy on pay coin quests. Glad it's a bit lighter this time around, I'm finally gaining.

Managed to grab a Winter Canal, which does produce a nice amount of coin.

Pericles the Lion

They appear to be already nerfing the event building before the event is even 1/4 over. Blue Galaxy at 92 (70% chance) hit 2X out of 12 on my three chocolate things. Before the odds fairies chime in I have had the BG at this level for over 15 months , I know how it hits very well and always pick my targets manually. .
Your sample size is too small. 200 hits on 1200 tries would raise concern. 2:12 not so much. Besides, the issue is the performance of the BG, not the Chocolatery.