• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Train (or other special event bldg's).. FP vs Goods, and your Era

RetiredGuy

I've noticed that the higher era players most often opt for the Charcoal Express branching option (more goods).. vs earlier Era players going for Evergreen version (more FP). Is there some rules of thumb as to how many FP per day per Era you need, and when goods become as important\more important than FP? thks !

Dr. Smite

If you're at an earlier age, building up FP production is key. The higher age you are, the more goods you will need. There is no specific time when goods become more or as important as FP (if they do at all), as those who negotiate frequently will need more goods than attackers. This isn't the full explanation, but I hope it helps.
Btw, Charcoal also gives an attack bonus for those who want that.

RetiredGuy

In the post Modern era, finished goods become harder to produce due to non-refined goods also required as input.. These buildings create finished good, so wouldn't that have a large value post Modern Era ?

ODragon

In the post Modern era, finished goods become harder to produce due to non-refined goods also required as input.. These buildings create finished good, so wouldn't that have a large value post Modern Era ?
This and it's not just that non-refined goods are needed, its that GBs no longer produce refined goods (SG aside) so you loose a significant amount of goods of your age you make on a daily basis.

Agent327

I've noticed that the higher era players most often opt for the Charcoal Express branching option (more goods).. vs earlier Era players going for Evergreen version (more FP). Is there some rules of thumb as to how many FP per day per Era you need, and when goods become as important\more important than FP? thks !

I haven't noticed that at all. You must be looking at the wrong players. Goods never become more important than fp. You can always buy goods with fp's.

Joeyjojojo

I'm fairly certain those opting for the charcoal express were doing so for the attack bonus, not the goods. Though I do agree that in higher eras goods become more important relative to FPs...yes, you can buy goods with FPs, but you can also be on the other end of that trade (selling goods for FPs). GBG also is a potential major goods sink (and provides FPs).

The Lady Redneck

I have worlds from IA to FE and when an Event building offers a final choice, I will go for the one that includes the attack/defence/or both option whatever the age. If one was to offer a sizable amount of medals as a bonus, I might take that. Especially in a new city.

Algona

If one was to offer a sizable amount of medals as a bonus, I might take that.

I'm not sure that is good advice.Could you give an actual example?

I'm pretty sure that in a newer city FP are way more important since even a few FP on the 5 slot of a GB being powered up can garner more medals then any SB I can think of.

Just looked at a 1.9 thread, 5th place on a lvl 55 AO gets 1300 Medals for 19 FP.

EMA Altar of Aphrodite gives 19 Medals, 1 FP

EMA Altar of Athena gives 3 FP.

In the same time you gain 190 Medals from Aphroodite you can buy 1300 Medals through Athena.

The Lady Redneck

@ Algona. I know what each of us need/want most comes down to how we choose to play the game. What we have in our cities reflect that. The choice of the final version of an event building is also governed by that. I find that I can always (with patience) gather enough coin/supplies. goods, FPs, and even diamonds from what I have in my city and how I play the recurring and other side quests. The Daily, incidents, Continent map and GE, GBG, all play a part. But getting the expansions I need ia another matter. Even in worlds where I no longer need housing or goods buildings I NEVER have enough space. And when it gets to the point where you need 580,000 medals for an expansion Any extra way of getting more medals would be very welcome Even with high level GBs.

Algona

I know what each of us need/want most comes down to how we choose to play the game. What we have in our cities reflect that.

I deeply appreciate that you can and should play the way you want. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

But when it comes to giving advice, well, how to phrase this deloocately...

Giving suboptimal advice on the forums is just not a nice thing to do because new players will read it and follow it.

Such as this:

And when it gets to the point where you need 580,000 medals for an expansion Any extra way of getting more medals would be very welcome

I am not trying to convince you personally why this is wrong.

This is for anyone else reading this thread.

No matter what Era you are in and no matter what the cost of your next Medals expansion, placing any building for the primary purpose of Medals production is just not a good idea because the space can always be used to produce FPs* which can buy more Medals then that building could produce.

See my example of the Altars in my previous post.

*Don't. Seriously. Don't ask me about VSs. There's a recent thread about that, I didn't post there because I don't want to talk about Victory Slowers. Necro that and have fun.