• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Community Rejected Winter train

Holy Grenade

I am building onto my winter train collection and would like to add more track. Track that curve to the left and right and straight track that runs north south, east and west.
I understand that the train does not move but I can run track around my outer city giving the impression that it does.

Xenosaur

geometrically, it's complex to do this as you envision. It's complex to enforce the connection and disconnection rules of the current item design and graphically have straight cars (or no cars) on curved track in a 2x3 (6 square) footprint. Can it be done? Sure. Cost to do it vs reward for doing it? Skewed badly in favor of cost to Inno to implement with little benefit to users other than "beauty"/"city artwork.

Yes, aesthetically a nice idea, but graphically/technically pretty horrific, on balance.

I like the idea as a potential future type concept, but it needs to be decoupled from current event buildings. I have to vote NO.

Pericles the Lion

The OP seems to be suggesting 2 90-degree bends (one bends to the N, the other to the S) and 3x2 cars that would have a N/S orientation that can connect at either end. To maintain scale the bends would need to be 3x3. Although in some cases it would probably look pretty, I have to vote no

The Lady Redneck

OK if INNO went for this and designed special expansions that could be placed in the corners to accommodate such curved track the would need to be a lot more expensive than normal expansions in order to recover the cost of the new programming and also graphic design work. How many diamonds would you be willing to spend on them? To me, normal expansions are costly enough. Plus all these carriages would be very inefficient as the space they will take up could be better utilized with other buildings. So apart from making a city look like a Christmas toy shop display. what practical use would this be?

Agaselle

A step into the right direction, more annimation and more landscape optic , I love youre approachto make it happen..//thx

Track is a nice idea. Might lead to other things, like terminals, road crossings, etc. But in FOE, what would it do for the City? More goods? More FPs? Attack/Defense?

Johnny B. Goode

I am building onto my winter train collection and would like to add more track. Track that curve to the left and right and straight track that runs north south, east and west.
I understand that the train does not move but I can run track around my outer city giving the impression that it does.
There are railroad games you could play if you want this kind of thing. Wouldn't work too well within the FoE structure. Hard no.

Oswyn the noble

I voted no because i dont have animation active on this device with low memory, thus wont be able to enjoy it "if" it was able to move around...plus it would take up alot of space...space needed for other essential bldgs

LoveNkind

This seems perilously close to a suggestion of rotating buildings, which I'm pretty sure is on the do not suggest list.
There would be rotations involved in this suggestion. You would need an east and a west connection, which would be mirror images of each other, and the second one easy to do with photoshop or similar graphix program. Likewise, the north and south ones could be just duplicated after the artist drew just one of them.

LoveNkind

Come to think of it, this might be implemented with a track running all around the city just outside all the expansion space. This could be a single item (an expensive one) and all your train buildings would be moved onto it.