• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

wishing well?

dtown20

I've got several and they don't seem very good to me. Haven't gotten diamonds in the last few hundred collects--not sure if that's bad luck.

Unless you need the goods, seems like the collects on average are pretty weak and they're much worse than a lvl 1 SOK

When I first started playing FoE, I thought WWs were like the Holy Grail or Shangri-La.

Now that I have a bunch, I'm not impressed, for the reasons you stated. I do think they're probably at their best, though, when a player builds a whole huge WW farm of them and that's something I'm considering doing in 2021. We'll see.

The one great thing about them is they cannot be plundered by attackers! YAY :D

Last edited:

ahsay

Several is not what it takes. 8 min. but ideally 12 or more. You should get diamonds 1x a week with a dozen. Their importance has diminished greatly because of the level of new SBs.

Like all SBs/GBs use them until something better comes along.

Beorn Bear

I would offer a theory that folks who like wishing wells like gambling. those who do not like wishing wells are not interested in gambling.
It's not a gamble. With a city full of Wishing Wells you don't need residential buildings for coins, production buildings for supplies. And through Progressive Age you won't need goods buildings or even goods GBs. You also don't need specific buildings for Forge Points. Or medals (not that anyone has those anyway). No gamble at all. Another reason it's not a gamble is that they can't be plundered. Don't need motivating or polishing, either. And any Diamonds they produce are just gravy. Safe, reliable, versatile. The very opposite of a gamble.

Beorn Bear

I'll take Event buildings over Wishing Wells any day. But that is just me.
Well, that would depend on the event building. Some I would take over a Wishing Well, some I wouldn't. Blanket statements like yours are easy to shoot holes in. If I had the time, I'd go through the list of event buildings and show you how many are less efficient and/or beneficial than a Wishing Well.
Just a glorified coin generator!
That's another interesting comment. Wishing Wells can produce one of six different items, but you only notice one? And it is arguably the 5th best of the six items, with only the medals being less valuable.

Look, I get it that a lot of players don't like Wishing Wells, but that has more to do with play style than any intrinsic worth. For those who don't want to be slaves to the game they are a reasonably hands off means of accumulating resources, not to mention that a few cities with a reasonable number of them virtually guarantee a steady, free Diamond income.

MeowKat

Even with their 'endless holes, I will take a Mikawa bridge, an Abandoned Asylum, a Crows nest. A Charcoal Express, House of the Wolf, Olympic Treasury, Governor's Villa, Terrace Farm² .. over Wishing Wells.
Thank you. I was debating what to let go to make room for my Traz. :)

Beorn Bear

Even with their 'endless holes, I will take a Mikawa bridge, an Abandoned Asylum, a Crows nest. A Charcoal Express, House of the Wolf, Olympic Treasury, Governor's Villa, Terrace Farm² .. over Wishing Wells.
I have a friend who has many of those, several others that you didn't mention...and 98 Wishing Wells. Too many people treat some choices as either/or when you can actually have both.