• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wishing Wells and Fountains of Youth

ol man Rufus

Almost ALL high point players' cities do NOT contain Wishing Wells nor Fountains of Youth.

Why? What am I missing?

DeletedUser

Almost ALL high point players' cities do NOT contain Wishing Wells nor Fountains of Youth.

Why? What am I missing?
They aren't as efficient as most event buildings and don't give current era goods in ME and above, so many players don't use them in their main cities, but do use them in their Diamond farm cities. This is because their biggest asset is that they give Diamonds occasionally, but the % is so low that you really need a ton of them to make it worthwhile. So filling a secondary city with them and only going to that city once a day to collect them is the most profitable use for them. Now, below ME they give out current era goods as part of their rotation, so they're a better fit for lower era cities.

- KQ -

Thank you very much. That explains all things I have seen--cities with a whole lot of W/W and the cities w/o any at all.

I have more wishing wells in my city than I would prefer to have for one reason. I often can't get enough daily aiding for the buildings I have that need it. My friends list is at 140 or just below and its people that aid three or more times per week. The short coming is that I'm in a six person guild.

All of my Wishing Wells are the small variety so I've done my best to maximize the space to output ratio. As I get more Special Buildings from events, the number of Small Wishing wells will diminish. In the meantime, they're more productive in my opinion than an unaided Sacred Skywatch or Shrine of Knowledge.