• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Word Shift

The Lady Redneck

Changing one letter to another is allowed if you take the time to read the rules in the first post you will see that.

This game is a little more intellectual than some of the others. Word Shift is simple: starting with one word, players can do one of a series of actions to that word. The next player does another action, and the chain continues. The allowed actions are:

• Adding any one letter to the word (in any spot)
  • Removing any one letter of the word (in any spot)
  • Changing one letter to another
  • Moving one letter of the word
  • Word Shift (scramble the word)

JoyfulRider

Changing one letter to another is allowed if you take the time to read the rules in the first post you will see that.

This game is a little more intellectual than some of the others. Word Shift is simple: starting with one word, players can do one of a series of actions to that word. The next player does another action, and the chain continues. The allowed actions are:

• Adding any one letter to the word (in any spot)
  • Removing any one letter of the word (in any spot)
  • Changing one letter to another
  • Moving one letter of the word
  • Word Shift (scramble the word)
Please read the remaining paragraph in rules. Take your time.
you can not undo a change immediately (for example, if one player adds a letter, you can not, as the next poster, remove that letter).

UBERhelp1

Please read the remaining paragraph in rules. Take your time.
Cool. I'll interfere in this game that's just meant to be fun rather than people trying to crucify others over the rules.

It is allowed to change the letter to another one. What I meant in the rules is set forth as thus: if the word is *game*, and I change it to games, the next person can not change it back to game.

To quote yourself, "Please read the remaining paragraph in rules. Take your time."
you can not undo a change immediately (for example, if one player adds a letter, you can not, as the next poster, remove that letter).
I tried to accentuate the word that you have been missing. In the progression of Rained > Drained > Brained, no rules were broken since no change was undone. In this case, if it was Rained > Drained > Rained, that would break the rules.

Now, if you don't mind, could you please let this play out as a game without antagonizing people about the smallest details of the rules? If you can't let people have fun with the game, then please do not play.

JoyfulRider

I tried to accentuate the word that you have been missing. In the progression of Rained > Drained > Brained, no rules were broken since no change was undone. In this case, if it was Rained > Drained > Rained, that would break the rules.
I understood, how deeply you want to support @The Lady Redneck by giving false information and making me stop playing the game. Wonderful. Why stressing the word undo. So that, you can twist the rules to put a supportive point.

Rules you added were clearly mentioned,
"if one player adds a letter, you can not, as the next poster, remove that letter".

Drained > Brained, two D's and one got removed which is immediate and saying no rules were broken to highlight your support. So continue to give the support whom you like. Am really surprised to see people in the world behave like this. Anyways, as you wished, won't play the game since I don't want to deal with bad-minded people. You are hitting me back, when myself mentioned like "take your time". Read the post from @The Lady Redneck. You were quiet, when asked me "take time to read", which myself doing all the time.

Myself mentioning the correction when I see mistakes to keep the game spirit to follow rules. Now you are saying, stop playing it. Even @The Lady Redneck will agree with my post with rules were broken. You just made yourself a bad person doing something completely worst pointing out correct thing into a wrong example.

For me rules broken, first removed that letter 'D' which is the first action. Now second action 'add one letter to the world'. You are blindly supporting the two actions which is wrong.

Anyways, won't play this anymore.

UBERhelp1

I understood, how deeply you want to support @The Lady Redneck by giving false information and making me stop playing the game. Wonderful. Why stressing the word undo. So that, you can twist the rules to put a supportive point.

Rules you added were clearly mentioned,
"if one player adds a letter, you can not, as the next poster, remove that letter".

Drained > Brained, two D's and one got removed which is immediate and saying no rules were broken to highlight your support. So continue to give the support whom you like. Am really surprised to see people in the world behave like this. Anyways, as you wished, won't play the game since I don't want to deal with bad-minded people. You are hitting me back, when myself mentioned like "take your time". Read the post from @The Lady Redneck. You were quiet, when asked me "take time to read", which myself doing all the time.

Myself mentioning the correction when I see mistakes to keep the game spirit to follow rules. Now you are saying, stop playing it. Even @The Lady Redneck will agree with my post with rules were broken. You just made yourself a bad person doing something completely worst pointing out correct thing into a wrong example.

For me rules broken, first removed that letter 'D' which is the first action. Now second action 'add one letter to the world'. You are blindly supporting the two actions which is wrong.

Anyways, won't play this anymore.
Just checking, you do know who I am? I'm the one who created this game. Go look back at the first post. All those rules you're referring to? I WROTE THEM. If anyone understands this game, it's me.

Removing is not the same as changing one letter to another. To clarify once again, you can not undo a change a player has just made. That means reverting the word back to the previous one. You can do anything to change the word to a new one (within the rules), but only undoing the change a player just made breaks the rules. Changing a letter, even if it was just added, is not undoing the addition of the letter.

No matter what you say, this is the final verdict on this rule. Either deal with it or don't, it's no longer my problem.

Let the game resume.

RoyalAdnan

Scare

@UBERhelp1 got a doubt clarification though
in the previous comment #494 you said
you can not undo a change a player has just made. That means reverting the word back to the previous one.
Doesn't this mean no duplicate postings? which was already mentioned in #1
you can not undo a change immediately (for example, if one player adds a letter, you can not, as the next poster, remove that letter). Additionally, there is no double posting.
for example
Tall > Ball > Call > Wall (is this allowed - changing the previous poster's letter)?
Tall > Ball > All (is this allowed? - removed the previous poster's letter)?

wouldn't it contradict the rule u made which says -
you cannot remove the letter that was posted previous as the next poster
you can change a letter to another

Also in comment #23
Darts > Arts > Start > Star
in Arts to Start, word shifted and added a letter
and i guess that was two moves right?

and in the next comment u said Star (brilliant move Darts > Arts > Star; omitted Start without making any fuss)
did u correct the mistake or allowed to make 2 moves?

Last edited: