• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

World Communication & Marketplace

DeletedUser

Hi everyone,

It's been good to see activity in our marketplace. I have some tips and questions:

Tips
- Update your Profile in the Town Hall to tell everyone what goods you can offer and what you need
- Update your Profile text - let us know how we can best help your city. Motivate houses? Motivate goods? Polish happiness?

- Make your trades worth the forge point - small trades of 5 or less items at a time may not get you what you need. 10-15 goods at a time seems to be about average.
- Make your trades reasonable in size - My guess is that most people will trade up to 15 or 20 goods at most in one trade. If you get no bites on a trade as large as 50 or 100 items at once, it could mean you have to break the trade down.

- Watch your ratio! A 1-1 trade should be the minimum offered. You can make it more enticing by offering more goods than asking for in return, but asking for more goods than you plan to pay will probably not yield a trade.

Question
- Who has an ebony deposit? It's been very difficult to get ebony in the market. Has no one found a deposit for that yet?

Please reply with your feedback. These are all suggestions based on thoughts I have had while playing. Not trying to tell anyone what to do.

Happy Forging

DeletedUser13672

I don't know what world's you play in but a couple of the worlds I am in have an ebony deposit but most people have not unlocked it yet ( the price of refusing to increase our armies). You can PM me about what world's you are in and I can let you know if I ever get an ebony factory to trade you with.

I did have a question in general about trades, why can we only do a trade from .5-2? What if I wanted to do a 1/5 ratio or 3/5? I know you probably cannot do anything about it but I was wondering if anyone else hopes someday the market place will allow for different types of trade ratios.

DeletedUser13672

Does anyone else suspect that the Jewelry Merchant, Lumber Merchant, Ebony Merchant that only offers their goods at a rate of 1:10 is secretly the game and that the good we give the game don't end up getting used for anything?

DeletedUser14061

Pampadowian, the trades listed as "merchant" are the game.

DeletedUser

There seems to be a lot of general stupidity on the lower levels with people putting really bad trades out there. 20 Lumber for 10 Salt Cow tec.? Really?

Common folks, that junk just clogs up the marketplace. Nobody's going to take you up on that clown shoes offer.

DeletedUser

Does anyone else suspect that the Jewelry Merchant, Lumber Merchant, Ebony Merchant that only offers their goods at a rate of 1:10 is secretly the game and that the good we give the game don't end up getting used for anything?

There's nothing secret about it. That IS the game. That's why you can make those trades without paying FP.

DeletedUser3679

Before you call out others for posting 'stupid' trades, consider the fact that you are replying to a posting that is over a year old. And there are legitimate reasons for posting "unfair" trades such as trading fps for goods, and guildmates helping newcomers - happens all the time.

DeletedUser

It doesn't matter how old the post is if the problem is still there. If it's a guild trade just click the box and keep it guild. Otherwise it's sets a bad example for new players who think that horrible trades are just fine.

DeletedUser10415

Well and good if the trade is with a guildmate, but sometimes they are not.

New players will learn what is acceptable, in time. Either by nobody taking their trades, or by being educated by their guildmates.

DeletedUser3679

It doesn't matter how old the post is if the problem is still there. If it's a guild trade just click the box and keep it guild. Otherwise it's sets a bad example for new players who think that horrible trades are just fine.

A lot of trades of fps for goods are done outside of the guild. I have a suggestion - ignore trades you don't like.