World not showing in Forum

Discussion in 'Addressed' started by RaveWolf, Nov 1, 2015.

1. RaveWolf

RaveWolf Active Member

Hi,

The Subject pretty much says it all.
    When I look at my posts, the World I'm in is not showing up.

Things I have done to try and resolve:
    <---- Shows [​IMG] instead of [​IMG]
    1) Added it,
    2) Removed it,
    3) Replaced it,
    4) Put it back,
    5) Refreshed.

Still not displaying in the forums.
    Thanks

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  2. Starzaan

Starzaan Guest

I have tested this with my account, but it is working as expected. To confirm, you are accessing your settings, editing profile, checking the tick boxes by the worlds you play and then clicking 'save changes' at the bottom?

3. RaveWolf

RaveWolf Active Member

Thanks for your response.

To answer your question... Yes that is the process I used. Is there another way that I could have mistakenly used?

You Say...
    How is it "working as expected" if it's not displaying? (See Screenshots)
    ...or is it not supposed to be showing? (What am I missing?)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Starzaan

Starzaan Guest

I removed the world again after testing, as I do not play any worlds on this server ;). I will add beta now however to show its working.

- - - Updated - - -

Beta added. Are you definitely clicking save changes at the bottom, not reset fields?

5. LordDeathrider

LordDeathrider Member

I can confirm that this issue is occurring despite the fact I have followed the instructions provided above. However, if you visit my profile and click on "About me" it does show which worlds I play on even though it doesn't show on the left. Is there something that can be done to correct this?

6. RaveWolf

RaveWolf Active Member

Ok, never realized that, makes sense Thank you, I do see yours now.

Yes, I am sure.

Your worlds definitely do not show on the left for me, as you have stated...
    I went into your profile and checked under "About Me" like you said... and can see both worlds you're in.

If you do the same under my profile, then that should confirm that there is some kind of bug somewhere.

7. LordDeathrider

LordDeathrider Member

I can confirm that when I look at your profile under "About me", it is clear that you play Korch even though it definitely doesn't state which world you play on the left.

8. RaveWolf

RaveWolf Active Member

Ok, so did a bit of testing...

Everything in Green works, and Red does not

Beta
    Arvahall
    Brisgard
    Cirgard
    Dunarsund
    Fel Dranghyr
    Greifental
    Houndsmoor

Jaims
    Korch
    Langendorn
    Mount Killmore
    Noarsil
    Odhrorvar
    Parkog

Tests done:
    1) Multiple Green - All good
    2) Multiple Red - Not Showing
    3) 1 Green + 1 Red - Not Showing

It only needs 1 Red to break the code.
    The code is breaking after Houndsmoor...
    So! who left out that darn comma, or forgot to close the bracket in the code? :evil:lol
    Coders Unite!!

9. LordDeathrider

LordDeathrider Member

I can indeed confirm the above findings.

10. Starzaan

Starzaan Guest

It sounds like perhaps a template or custom style broke after the new worlds were added, from Jaims onward. Requires some digging around in admin cp. If this is not the case it would be a bug with vbulletin, although I doubt that's the case in this instance.

11. LordDeathrider

LordDeathrider Member

Will this be passed on to the Community Management Team/Development Team to be fixed? :)

12. Starzaan

Starzaan Guest

It is not an issue for the development team, so it won't be passed to them. As I'm sure you've noticed, I'm no longer on the support team, so its not my place to be passing anything to anyone, I'm just replying to posts to help out.

13. Queste

Queste Active Member

If only worlds would be added... Where are Q, R, S, T and U?

14. Starzaan

Starzaan Guest

The option to add worlds is particular to this server's forum; other servers (eg EN, DE etc) don't have this option. This is because the styles in vbulletin have been altered on this forum to allow that, however it seems those styles are out of date, and the newer worlds need to be manually added to the custom template. I imagine it's quite a fiddly task if the person who first altered the template is no longer available. Considering the changes on the BETA forum, it may not be viable to fix this for now.

This is what I have deduced anyway, based on my previous experience with the admin CP.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  15. LordDeathrider

LordDeathrider Member

This no longer remains an issue following the implementation of the new forum. :)

16. RaveWolf

RaveWolf Active Member

Yep, that is a pity, I kinda liked the idea! but it is what it is!

This concluded this post!
    The End! ;)