• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

World sub-forums

Tony 85 the Generous

Is there any check or assurance the posters in the world forums actually participate in the world they are posting or saying they are from?

Pumbaa the Great

Beside you doing the leg work, probably not. If you are in the same world you could look them up by the forum username in the global rankings. I believe the forum username is the in-game username.

Tony 85 the Generous

Type #3 can be posted on other forum parts as well. No specific reason to do it on the forum part of the game world you play in.
Sliding away from the OP a bit. Obviously out-of-the-world players posting type 1 or 2 messages is...ahhh...dumb. I just noticed out-of-the world players responding to type #3 posts and was wondering if there was a vetting process to be allowed to post in a world sub-forum or if anyone allowed to post anywhere with checking or recourse.

BruteForceAttack

Sliding away from the OP a bit. Obviously out-of-the-world players posting type 1 or 2 messages is...ahhh...dumb. I just noticed out-of-the world players responding to type #3 posts and was wondering if there was a vetting process to be allowed to post in a world sub-forum or if anyone allowed to post anywhere with checking or recourse.

Anyone can post in any world forum there is no restriction or check.

Vonderbach

I understand the concern and also note that the problem most likely stems from the people that use "View New Posts" which gives members a list of active threads. Most, including myself, do not look to see where these questions are located if they seem to be something of interest. This seems inherently like a human problem. With that said, there would be an immense amount of leg work involved in setting permissions for each world and verifying each member.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Why would anyone have an issue with someone answering a question even if they don't play in that world? Help is help, worrying where that help comes from seems a bit anal.

Tony 85 the Generous

Why would anyone have an issue with someone answering a question even if they don't play in that world? Help is help, worrying where that help comes from seems a bit anal.
Answering questions may be a result of being bored, but so isn't trolling. Which do you think would catch someone's attention enough to inquire about posting limits?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Answering questions may be a result of being bored, but so isn't trolling. Which do you think would catch someone's attention enough to inquire about posting limits?
Cities come, and cities go. Today I could start a new one on any world, or delete one I've been playing for years. This fact alone would make it impractical to limit people on the forums from posting in world sub-forums where someone doesn't currently have a city. As an example, if I just deleted a 5 year old city on a world, I would likely be able to answer questions about guilds that exist there even though I no longer have a city on that world.

As to trolling, it happens everywhere on the internets, no one is ever going to stop it from happening unless everyone loses every bit of privacy that they have online, along with very strong laws penalizing free speech.

CommanderCool1234

As to trolling, it happens everywhere on the internets, no one is ever going to stop it from happening unless everyone loses every bit of privacy that they have online, along with very strong laws penalizing free speech.
Yeah, and you can still troll on your sub forum so all that stops is people's questions from being answered.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Also I'm not sure where the OP is coming from with this thread, since they have only ever posted once in a world sub-forum (US7), and that was just an "in agreement" post to someone else's post. I don't see where they have ever been trolled in a world sub-forum. Maybe this thread is a troll of it's own?

CommanderCool1234

Also I'm not sure where the OP is coming from with this thread, since they have only ever posted once in a world sub-forum (US7), and that was just an "in agreement" post to someone else's post. I don't see where they have ever been trolled in a world sub-forum. Maybe this thread is a troll of it's own?
Or maybe it is someone who is bored out of there minds and is trying to complain about as many thing as they can. So in other words maybe they themselves are trolls.

Tony 85 the Generous

Not posting doesn't mean not reading. Could also mean there isn't much in the world forums to reply to.