• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Worth it to store 1 or 2 Champion Retreats?

DeletedUser40064

Hi,

I found an old thread on champions (which was quite helpful): thread

But now I have 2 Iron Age Champion Retreats, uselessly taking up space as I am currently EMA, soon to go HMA. My question is, can I expect to find as many Champion Retreats as I'd want in future ages, or is it worth it to store one or both (I only have one store item, atm)?

TIA,

Rakan

DeletedUser38090

Yes, you can easily get champion retreats in later ages quite easily with all of those events coming soon. Just store one Iron Age one, and trash the other.

DeletedUser29726

It depends how fast you want to progress. They're not offered every event so it's plausible if you're advancing quickly you might have to choose between having 1 of each age you care about or moving on at the pace you want.

In general the ages people tend to care about having champs from because they're both unique and useful are PME, CE, TE, and FE. ME and below they're basically just the same as fast - so you might use them as a small/low pop barracks for traz to reproduce units from. AF and above they're pretty much useless. This is all coming from a GvG perspective - if you're not into GvG then don't worry about keeping champ retreats at all.

DeletedUser40064

Wow, two great replies so quick - thanks!

Sounds like a gamble any way you cut it, but I think I'm willing to take the bet that I'll get more in future events. I did store one from Iron Age - not sure that was worth it, but I guess I'll also get lots more store items down the road.

DeletedUser

Wow, two great replies so quick - thanks!

Sounds like a gamble any way you cut it, but I think I'm willing to take the bet that I'll get more in future events. I did store one from Iron Age - not sure that was worth it, but I guess I'll also get lots more store items down the road.
Since there is no cost to store it, and there is no limit to the storage in inventory, KEEP BOTH. That way if you end up not getting one from a future age/era, you can build one of the Iron Age ones and then use a Reno Kit on it and put it back in storage. (While you're still in that age/era, obviously.) And if you get to the end of the last age/era and still have both, then you can delete one.

Goth Almighty

You could take one or both of your retreats off the street grid. Your Traz, if you have one or when you get one, will produce Champions, even if they're off the grid.

BruteForceAttack

Hi,

I found an old thread on champions (which was quite helpful): thread

But now I have 2 Iron Age Champion Retreats, uselessly taking up space as I am currently EMA, soon to go HMA. My question is, can I expect to find as many Champion Retreats as I'd want in future ages, or is it worth it to store one or both (I only have one store item, atm)?

TIA,

Rakan

Does your guild do GVG? Do you regularly attack hood?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Prior age Champ retreats are useful if you want to do lower age pvp towers, either for medals or prestige, and once you age up you can never get the previous era ones again if you don't already have them, so no, don't delete them since you may one day regret that decision, and if you don't ever need them again you lose nothing by storing them.