• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Would you delete GB Colosseum if you needed the space it is taking up?

DeletedUser33036

Do you think a high level chat or a high level arc is best for producing medals?

qaccy

Do you think a high level chat or a high level arc is best for producing medals?

Arc. Level one up and use it and you'll wonder why all the other sources of medals in the game are so low in comparison. It also has the benefit of allowing you to complete more (FP) recurring quests, which can reward medals that get boosted by the CF bonus. This is still not a significant amount, but depending on your CF level and age it can be upwards of a couple thousand whenever they pop up.

Rhyyss

Oz and FreshMe - I am serious student of history. This game is based, in part, on historical data. In 70 AD the population of Rome was roughly 1 million. Then the Colosseum was built. The current population of Rome is over 2.5 million. The physical size of the city is also much bigger. There are probably many things that contributed (modern sewer systems and better health care for example ) but clearly you cannot dismiss the role the Colosseum played in that growth. Have you ever been to Rome? It is very big. A big, big city. I haven't been there myself, but I have ready many things about it. If we watched the movie Gladiator together I could tell you which parts were real and which parts were made up. The same is true with the different film versions of Ben Hur (my favorite is the 1925 version, see the link below - it features the Colosseum, the VERY ONE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!) Forge of Empires attempts to model the impact of great buildings on their city. Clearly, there are some historical differences (The Temple of Atlantis, for example should more properly be built before the Iron Age). The designers efforts are not perfect but in most cases the history is very sound. The order of the Ages and Eras is just one example. It perfectly matches the history we have lived so far. A level 16 Colosseum produces four score and eleven medals every day (51 in metric). That is many many medals. They did not give medals to gladiators in real life, but I think you see my point. All the best and glad to shed some more light on this most greatest of great buildings.

DeletedUser31440

Oz and FreshMe - I am serious student of history. This game is based, in part, on historical data. In 70 AD the population of Rome was roughly 1 million. Then the Colosseum was built. The current population of Rome is over 2.5 million. The physical size of the city is also much bigger. There are probably many things that contributed (modern sewer systems and better health care for example ) but clearly you cannot dismiss the role the Colosseum played in that growth. Have you ever been to Rome? It is very big. A big, big city. I haven't been there myself, but I have ready many things about it. If we watched the movie Gladiator together I could tell you which parts were real and which parts were made up. The same is true with the different film versions of Ben Hur (my favorite is the 1925 version, see the link below - it features the Colosseum, the VERY ONE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!) Forge of Empires attempts to model the impact of great buildings on their city. Clearly, there are some historical differences (The Temple of Atlantis, for example should more properly be built before the Iron Age). The designers efforts are not perfect but in most cases the history is very sound. The order of the Ages and Eras is just one example. It perfectly matches the history we have lived so far. A level 16 Colosseum produces four score and eleven medals every day (51 in metric). That is many many medals. They did not give medals to gladiators in real life, but I think you see my point. All the best and glad to shed some more light on this most greatest of great buildings.

I am so confused right now, are you impersonating Nero, the only justification I can think of for having the Coloseum is if you're as crazy as he was. Also 51 medals is a complete waste of fp's, CF will get you hundreds a day if you RQ and an Arc will get you thousands if you snipe well.

DeletedUser

I am serious student of history. This game is based, in part, on historical data. In 70 AD the population of Rome was roughly 1 million. Then the Colosseum was built. The current population of Rome is over 2.5 million. The physical size of the city is also much bigger. There are probably many things that contributed (modern sewer systems and better health care for example ) but clearly you cannot dismiss the role the Colosseum played in that growth.
The first sentence here is completely contradicted by the rest of what you say. The building of the Colosseum has less to do with the population difference over a 2000 year period than a butterfly flapping its wings in Korea did. :rolleyes:

Freshmeboy

Look, Rhyyss, if you like the Collisuckem, then build it and enjoy its aesthetic beauty and paltry amount of medals for your investment. Nobody will stop you. It's your game, play as you wish..however, the tremendous amount of experience on these forums has indicated to you that it isn't a feasible long term approach to amassing medals in a long term game. There is a reason the quotation "Friends don't let friends build Colliseum and Notre Dame" is a common refrain here..I wish you the best of luck with your strategy...

Darth Mole

4 score and 11 is 91 in metric where I come from
Don't build it. If you have it delete it. Fiddle away while you watch it burn

DeletedUser

Have you ever been to Rome? It is very big. A big, big city. I haven't been there myself, but I have ready many things about it.
You seem to be channeling a certain world figure here, and the one you seem to be channeling isn't helping your credibility.
(The Temple of Atlantis, for example should more properly be built before the Iron Age)
I'm assuming that you're talking about the Atlantis Museum. According to the FoE Wiki, it was discovered in Oceanic Era, which makes sense, since it supposedly sank beneath the sea. (By the way, as a "serious student of history", you do know that there is no evidence that Atlantis ever existed, right?)
A level 16 Colosseum produces four score and eleven medals every day (51 in metric).
As @Darth Mole pointed out, four score and eleven would be 91, not 51. Since Abraham Lincoln's most famous words were "Fourscore and seven years ago", I would think a serious student of history would know he was talking about 87 years prior, or 1776, and not 47 years prior, or 1816. I don't remember reading about the new nation, conceived in liberty, that was brought forth in 1816.
That is many many medals.
And this is the kicker. If you think 51 medals is a lot, you are in for a rude surprise very soon. My next expansion on Sinerania is going to cost me 240k (that's 240,000) medals, and there are 6 or 7 expansions after that. That works out to over 4705 days, or more than 12 years, to get enough medals for that expansion through your Colosseum. I know people say this game is a marathon and not a sprint, but come on. :rolleyes:

Rhyyss

I'm assuming that you're talking about the Atlantis Museum.

But what is a Museum, but a Temple to Knowledge and Art?

According to the FoE Wiki, it was discovered in Oceanic Era, which makes sense, since it supposedly sank beneath the sea.

Exactly my point. The game is based on history. Sort of.

As @Darth Mole pointed out, four score and eleven would be 91, not 51.

I'm a serious student of History, not Math.

And this is the kicker. If you think 51 medals is a lot, you are in for a rude surprise very soon. My next expansion on Sinerania is going to cost me 240k (that's 240,000) medals, and there are 6 or 7 expansions after that. That works out to over 4705 days, or more than 12 years, to get enough medals for that expansion through your Colosseum. I know people say this game is a marathon and not a sprint, but come on. :rolleyes:

Marathon was in Greece. Which later was conquered by Rome. Which..... yep - built the Colosseum. It's all connected. You're beginning to get it now.

DeletedUser31440

But what is a Museum, but a Temple to Knowledge and Art?

Exactly my point. The game is based on history. Sort of.

I'm a serious student of History, not Math.

Marathon was in Greece. Which later was conquered by Rome. Which..... yep - built the Colosseum. It's all connected. You're beginning to get it now.

You're either a brilliant troll or quite dim, I'm hoping for brilliant troll for our bridges are in need of repair.

DeletedUser11463

the collo is the 2nd worst GB of all time. The worst GB of all time is the Notre Lame which has nothing going for it besides the look.

The Capitol building is interesting but has one serious flaw. In the INNO version, the primary ingredient is fertilizer going IN to it to build it. In the REAL version, fertilizer is the the primary ingredient coming OUT of it. Think about that for a moment.

DeletedUser31440

the collo is the 2nd worst GB of all time. The worst GB of all time is the Notre Lame which has nothing going for it besides the look.

The Capitol building is interesting but has one serious flaw. In the INNO version, the primary ingredient is fertilizer going IN to it to build it. In the REAL version, fertilizer is the the primary ingredient coming OUT of it. Think about that for a moment.

Umm, that's not what School House Rock taught me, did you get the boot legged version when you were a kid?

DeletedUser

Marathon was in Greece.
And Sprint is headquartered in Kansas City. Kansas City is the City of Fountains. The Trevi Fountain is in Rome. Which is where the Colosseum is. Unless you're from Greece, that means I have a more direct connection to the Colosseum than you do, so I am the expert here. (The preceding makes as much sense as anything you've said.) :cool:

DeletedUser33036

I think the space needle may be worse.

DeletedUser30312

I am so confused right now, are you impersonating Nero, the only justification I can think of for having the Coloseum is if you're as crazy as he was.

Actually, I think Caligula might be closer.

Why is it even a topic to discuss is beyond me, you guys must have run out of thing to talk about lol. Another version of Colosseum is the Gaea, I am amazed people in OF still build and level it.

I've seen Gaea in LMA/CA cities where it might actually have some usefulness, and it produces a lot more than the Col in a smaller space. But even then, I don't think it's really worth building because it'll probably become outclassed eventually, and I think it's a waste of time resources and space to put up a GB that will just be torn down later.

The Capitol building is interesting but has one serious flaw. In the INNO version, the primary ingredient is fertilizer going IN to it to build it. In the REAL version, fertilizer is the the primary ingredient coming OUT of it.

Yup, I think it's rather funny that the Capitol requires more fertilizer than anything else. It's the most accurately designed GB in the game, given that it has as much use in a player's city as it does in real life!

I think the space needle may be worse.

Space Needle is crap, but by the time people can really get around to building it or something else sub-par like the Llotus Temple, they realize just how useless the buildings are, and these GBs tend to be more rare.