• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Would you delete GB Colosseum if you needed the space it is taking up?

DeletedUser26532

Hagia isn't great, but isn't terrible either. FP are the most valuable currency other than space, so I'd be tempted to keep it over certain other things.

Colosseum, Notre Dame, Space Needle, Lotis Temple, Gaia Statute, and probably Capitol are 5-6 horrible GBs which should never be built.

All the rest have use depending on your play style and needs.

Freshmeboy

Ahhh...the Hagia....I love it. Level 10 produces almost as well as the Sok and will redeem its entire investment in 490+ days. If you play for more than a year and a half it pulls its weight and all that space dedicated to cultural buildings over that time was used for goods production, military, etc. Like all GBs there are trade offs involved...I wouldn't be so quick to drag out the incendiary grenades....

DeletedUser8428

I love HS - it's my favorite GB. Not because it's such a wicked good producer or it elevates my game .. it's a pretty building and I like having it. Like everything else , it's a trade-off and one that I am willing to make.

Rhyyss

All that advice was rubbish. The value of the Colosseum is obvious if you think about it for one, or maybe two, seconds.

The Colosseum produces medals. Medals provide Expansions. Expansions give you... MORE SPACE!

Build a Colosseum and you will have MORE space, not LESS. This is true not just because of logic but it also because of historical accuracy. Rome is much bigger than it was when the Colosseum was built. That's a fact. Look it up if you don't believe me. Then you will see I how right I am. (Spoiler: I am very very right - way more right than you are).

DeletedUser

All that advice was rubbish. The value of the Colosseum is obvious if you think about it for one, or maybe two, seconds.

The Colosseum produces medals. Medals provide Expansions. Expansions give you... MORE SPACE!

Build a Colosseum and you will have MORE space, not LESS. This is true not just because of logic but it also because of historical accuracy. Rome is much bigger than it was when the Colosseum was built. That's a fact. Look it up if you don't believe me. Then you will see I how right I am. (Spoiler: I am very very right - way more right than you are).
That is hilarious!

DeletedUser29295

Now I have seen some comedic things written on different threads here, but this one has to be in the top 5 for total sillyness.

DeletedUser30312

Yeah.

A level 10 Colosseum produces 35 medals a day. My next victory expansion costs 25,000 medals. The most expensive victory expansion in the game costs more than half a million medals. You do the math.

The Hagia's happiness eventually becomes obsolete. But if you keep in mind that you want it for the FP long term, and the happiness is just a short term benefit, then it's not bad. You just have to level it at least into the teens for it to be worth the space, and building it is a matter of how much you want to engage in that effort. The Colosseum however, falls into that group of GBs that is never worth the space.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triopoly Champion

I would build the Deal Castle, the medal payout is much higher and only occupies 7 more grids.

DeletedUser22214

I haven't built my hagia yet but I plan on it once I can focus on leveling it up to at least level 80

DeletedUser27889

There are much better ways of acquiring medals than through medal producing GBs that require FP to level up.
In approximate order of easiest access-

Buildings-
1) Victory Towers provide though collectable only weekly they break down to more medals per day/square than SoA but do not require road connections and their tiny size makes fitting them in easily.
2) SoA- Available in events and DCs 2x2 +coin and small pop
3) Pole Houses- Available in events and DC - Happy+Medals+pop+coin
4) Building sets, Palace Elephant ETC available in DCs medals are secondary to the boost of a completed set but they really add up.

Non building easy Medals:
1) RQs- Collecting coins, spending FP. Etc. Medals are a common reward, couple that with a Chateau and you get more and more medals. It's easy to run the proper RQ to whatever you are doing in game.
2) Incidents: Small amount but require virtually no effort other than clicking on them.
3) Treasure Hunt
4) Participating in swaps/ getting medals through GB rewards
5) GE, especially level 4- Level 4 does require medals if you negotiate but I have always won way more medals than I have spent.
6) Towers- If you fight you're probably on your tower anyway so do a few more battles and end up in a spot.
7) Locking GBs with arc- Arc boosts your medals as well as your FP.

Once you have a highish level arc and are locking buildings or participating in swaps you will not want for medals ever again. You would be better off putting any FP you would put in a medal producing GB into arc and using arc to gain medals. Deal has defense and guild benefits but if you're looking for medals there are better ways of gaining them.

Meat Butcher

This answer is spectacular !
It is so wrong and yet.....so full of win at the same time !!!!

Rhyyss

Yeah.

A level 10 Colosseum produces 35 medals a day. My next victory expansion costs 25,000 medals. The most expensive victory expansion in the game costs more than half a million medals. You do the math.

If you'd invest more in your Colosseum, it would produce more than 35 medals a day. Just sayin'

qaccy

It's a shame that the Colosseum is so bad because I really like how it looks. I have it on my main world because I own every GB there, but I'd never advocate building it for any gameplay reason.

Wait! Since Lancer's a mod, maybe this is a sneaky way to collect feedback to pass on to the devs and get an improved Colosseum somewhere down the line!