• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Would you stay in a guild like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Pest

There is nothing wrong with boycotting GBG. It's legal to do in the game. Would I want to be in a guild that does it... no? I haven't seen it yet in diamond league on Korch. Our guild has been on the end of some bad matchups where were were just locked into our little corner and could never break out. When that has happened we don't give up but keep trying. When that happens I can still get around 1200 fights for the 11 days.

Deitized-Karma

If you dont like your guilds leaders, there's nothing stopping you from making a one man killing machine. In beta I did a one man guild and got to silver by the session, could probably have kept going to plat eventually. If you have a good enough arc you could build a good amount of camps, even easier since it's just your age goods it wants.
I did something similar but I decided to end up inviting 1 person once I hit gold cause I liked him and it escalated from there

Raven Zen

Everyone is giving their opinion but they only see one side of the story and that story is not 100% truthful. I'm a founder in one of those guilds. We used to be friends with this guild. In fact I can give you the full history of how the guild came to have so many fighters in it. See it merged with another guild that imploded and the sole purpose of that guild and their leaders was to take down the top guild on our server. Their reasoning was that the #1 was a bully that hogged GbG, HQd everyone but their allies and expected to run things always to their benefit.

Now this big bad guild of fighters does the same thing they once protested about and in the process they give weak excuses about GvG issues to turn on guilds they were once friendly with. They also make demands and send threats to other guilds when things don't go their way.

I don't know if you are just ignorant to what your leaders and GbG officers build in GbG or if you lied on purpose because the statement you made about your guild only building Camps is false. In the first 3 days of this season your guild dropped a dozen forts on us, always placed 2 at our HQ and forcefully worked to kill our flags and HQ us at every opportunity. I also know for a fact they placed a trap this season. Your Guilds every action told us they wanted the whole map. So that's what we are giving you.

I'm not a founder who dictates to my guild. I post and ask for open opinions from all our guildmates about the decisions I make. I even posted a copy of your forum post in the guild for everyone to see and asked them to let me know if they disagreed with the actions taken by us so far this season. I've told them if they think I'm a poor leader I will step down. As a founder, if I'm not making the majority of my guild happy then I'm not doing my job and with very little help doing this job it is something I would give up if they felt I should no longer lead them.

Since we started this standoff your guild has sent messages trying to bribe the guilds to fight and when that doesn't work they resort to threats. To be fair it's not the leaders sending these messages it's guild members with no title to link them to any leadership.

I find your post about your guild and the situation in our GbG this season to be very misleading and biased.

ODragon

I participated in the one in V. I had no complaints. It was worth it watching the guild who couldn't fight crying in world chat.

The rewards for dominating a map are paltry compared to the rewards for trading sectors back and forth. The real dummies are the guild leadership that takes over the whole map thereby forcing the remaining guilds into a Hobson’s Choice. Killing the goose that lays the golden eggs is rarely profitable. To blame the dead goose for not producing more eggs is absurd, which is what the OP has tried to do here.

Vger

The rewards for dominating a map are paltry compared to the rewards for trading sectors back and forth. The real dummies are the guild leadership that takes over the whole map thereby forcing the remaining guilds into a Hobson’s Choice. Killing the goose that lays the golden eggs is rarely profitable. To blame the dead goose for not producing more eggs is absurd, which is what the OP has tried to do here.
Doesn't that depend on what value players place on the "rewards"? What if dominating the map is the most valued reward?
Have you ever tried to cook an omelet with a golden egg?

Doesn't that depend on what value players place on the "rewards"? What if dominating the map is the most valued reward?
Have you ever tried to cook an omelet with a golden egg?
The OP expressed unhappiness that the other guilds walked off the field. Dominating the field wasn’t what makes the OP happy or his/her post would have been triumphant. The OP wants the other guilds to play by their rules. Because they’re not he/she came here to whine that the other guilds took the unexpected option. It was a ‘boo-hoo why don’t they do what we tell them to do waaaa!’ kind of post.

Helmet Bro

Consider there may be a reason 4 large guilds with 200 people decided to team up against OP's guild.
On L world, all of the "top" guilds are basically lackeys of the "#1" guild. There is a pervasive mentality by these players that if they fall in line everything will work out for them. What actually happens is the #1 guild gobbles up the rewards while the remaining guilds feel cool by association, and their members fall further and further behind. My guild is the highest ranking guild not in the alliance, and we stomp GBG but we can't take control of GVG since it's usually a 10-on-1 fight for us. GBG is nice that it makes alliances far less impactful than they are in GVG. This is why I said above Inno's ranking system is flawed since our world's "top guilds" aren't actually stronger than us, they are manipulating GVG by just casually flipping sectors between each other to keep their prestige higher than it should be.

So the reason is simple: we don't want to be in their club, and they don't like losing. So they are willing to double down on their loss if it can cause us "pain". Ironically, it's backfiring on them. We managed to get the guild in 6th place in this round of GBG to move into 4th place, and they are about to take over 3rd in a few hours. If they commit harder, they will actually be able to finish 2nd, so these 4 guilds may all take a lower placement as well just to cost us some fights.

wolfhoundtoo

GVG isn't the same situation as GBG. Different aspects of the game with different rules. You dominant in GBG because your tactics work best (which in part is at least based on your guild's activity levels being higher during the day than the other guilds). 4 guilds in GBG aren't really able to effectively work with each other to flip sectors on time nor does the 4 guilds even outnumber you. necessarily. Ultimately I suspect you have more GBG fighters than anyone of those guilds and quite possibly 2 of them. If you want to own the map that's your choice but if the other guilds don't think it's worth while to take sectors then they'll flip sectors less often. Especially if you are locking them out of any activity so frequently that they don't think it's worth their time.

Who outnumber whom depends solely on the amount of fighters you can bring to bear (and of course the strength of those particular fighters). GVG doesn't have the same rising enemy boost which makes it much, much different than GVG.

I have to agree with the rest that since you aren't getting your 'fix' on the map that you came here to basically brag about your dominance.

Aggressor

On L world, all of the "top" guilds are basically lackeys of the "#1" guild. There is a pervasive mentality by these players that if they fall in line everything will work out for them. What actually happens is the #1 guild gobbles up the rewards while the remaining guilds feel cool by association, and their members fall further and further behind. My guild is the highest ranking guild not in the alliance, and we stomp GBG but we can't take control of GVG since it's usually a 10-on-1 fight for us. GBG is nice that it makes alliances far less impactful than they are in GVG. This is why I said above Inno's ranking system is flawed since our world's "top guilds" aren't actually stronger than us, they are manipulating GVG by just casually flipping sectors between each other to keep their prestige higher than it should be.

So the reason is simple: we don't want to be in their club, and they don't like losing. So they are willing to double down on their loss if it can cause us "pain". Ironically, it's backfiring on them. We managed to get the guild in 6th place in this round of GBG to move into 4th place, and they are about to take over 3rd in a few hours. If they commit harder, they will actually be able to finish 2nd, so these 4 guilds may all take a lower placement as well just to cost us some fights.
I see where you're coming from. But GbG cannot decide the rankings because that would be an end to any control that guilds have over their rankings. If the best guilds were decided by who can turn out the most troops and win the most fights then this game would be broken beyond repair. Your whole scenario sounds strikingly similar to my home of V.
GvG should always decide the rankings because it allows guilds to stand up to the big guys like you who do turn out the most troops and win a lo of fights. It prevents you from being a dominant tyrant. If you think guilds are sucking up to the #1 guild now, it would be 10x worse with GbG rankings. Picture it...
"Please, let us get second this round so we can be ranked higher"
"We can do whatever you want as long as you help us in GbG so we can be ranked well"
The best guild would hold ALL the power. You could decide rankings of all the top guilds. You could take bribes and let everybody bow down to you. That sounds awful.
If you dominate GbG, awesome. But you need to recognize that you get dominated in GvG. So just because you are good in one aspect of the game doesn't mean you deserve a nice ranking. You need to find a way to succeed in GvG so that you can solve your issue. Become the best at everything and then you can deserve a good ranking.
Finally, thanks for the insight in the situation in L world. I have a small diamond farm there and I have done a little GvG. I am lost trying to figure out what's going on. Thanks for the info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.