• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

WW/Diamond Farm

DeletedUser36400

I stumbled upon a farn a couple of days ago. It had about 25 wishing wells, the City Hall was in the Iron Age. there were for all practical purposes no other buildings of any consequence. I have figured out why this city exists but i cannot figure out how it exists. How can a city in the IA have a boat load of WW's? What did the player do to accomplish this?

barra370804

I stumbled upon a farn a couple of days ago. It had about 25 wishing wells, the City Hall was in the Iron Age. there were for all practical purposes no other buildings of any consequence. I have figured out why this city exists but i cannot figure out how it exists. How can a city in the IA have a boat load of WW's? What did the player do to accomplish this?
that city has probably seen way more events than the town hall suggests. The diamond farms are not meant to be high age.

BruteForceAttack

One can also get few foy by doing GE64 every week.

DeletedUser36400

Are you folks saying that this city was at one time much more complex with buildings that somehow allowed the owner to gather a bunch of WW then they basically abandoned everything except the WW's ?

BruteForceAttack

Are you folks saying that this city was at one time much more complex with buildings that somehow allowed the owner to gather a bunch of WW then they basically abandoned everything except the WW's ?

Players can open cities in multiple worlds, diamonds earned in one world can be used in another world. Keeping that in mind, what some players are doing is have 1 or more main worlds where they build and advance the city, then they will have multiple diamond farms whose only purpose is to mine diamonds to support the main city.

Kranyar the Mysterious

That is one possibility, but is more likely to be true in a higher age diamond farm than a lower age one.

As the game has evolved there are a lot more things to do in a single city than there used to be, so if a person has multiple older cities they may find that they don't have time to play all of them anymore, and so may convert one or more of their cities to diamond farms.

I've basically done this in one HMA city where I swapped out most production buildings for a hundred or so wishing wells and fountains. I still play that city a bit, but I don't spend near as much time there anymore, and leveling great buildings is an after effect of spending my fp once a day, not something I focus on.

Most Iron Age diamond farms were probably created specifically for that purpose, with the owner's main focus during events or daily challenges being to get as many wishing wells or ww shrink kits as possible. After 6 to 9 months you can pretty much fill an IA city up with wishing wells if you do that.

DeletedUser

I have a city in Iron Age that is well on its way to this. Yes, you start out with a normal Iron Age city and then in events and Daily Challenges you focus solely on getting WWs and Fountains of Youth (which are basically the same thing but without the benefit of having a Shrink Kit available). Of course, I'll keep my GBs, but I've already jettisoned my supply buildings.

Jern2017

I stayed in the Iron Age for about a year. I started with a couple of Blacksmiths (which I still use to complete quests that require you to finish a certain number of productions), goods and residential buildings and the Statue of Zeus. As soon as I got a larger number of WWs, I got rid of the residential buildings and built the ToB to keep my goods buildings running.

Then I got more WWs and some Sleigh Builders. Soon after, I deleted the ToB and all my goods buildings. I try to complete at least the first difficulty of the GE and the WWs produce enough current age goods, while Sleigh Builders produce the goods that are one age below mine.

A few months after that, I had more WWs in my inventory than I was able to place. I had reached the LMA continent map and my next expansion cost me 50k medals, so I decided to age up in order to get more expansions. I'm now in the HMA with 76 WWs.

Mustapha00

It's not only entirely possible but not >that< complicated, although it is probably quite time-consuming.

Remember that you have access to the "Rebuild City" ability and can use it as many times as you need. You can use Store Buildings to place into storage whatever buildings you need to open up space for Military, Supply, Coin or Production Buildings to complete Event Quests and then delete those and replace them with your Wishing Wells- quite possibly along with a few new ones- once the new Event is over.

AmaGongechu

Hi all, doing a bit of research on this topic and found this thread. I'm wondering if the thinking has changed about keeping your farm in IA, since the Antiques Dealer was introduced? Maybe that's not the easiest way but it does seem as though that would be a source of wells and fragments. Any thoughts?

TIA
Ama

Jern2017

Hi all, doing a bit of research on this topic and found this thread. I'm wondering if the thinking has changed about keeping your farm in IA, since the Antiques Dealer was introduced? Maybe that's not the easiest way but it does seem as though that would be a source of wells and fragments. Any thoughts?

TIA
Ama

You'll have to advance at some point due to lack of space.

DeletedUser30923

I started my diamond city about a year ago and have 38 wishing wells (33 of those have Little Wishing Wells). I did however choose to advance in ages for more land expansions so currently I sit in CA. Only reason I am sitting here is because I want to level my CF great building to level 60 so as I continue to advance in ages I can do all the recurring quests for each age, which offer diamonds twice as rewards! Eventually once I reach SAM and have no more diamonds to obtain from recurring quests or from quests for the Map, my goal is to fill the city with Little Wishing Wells and have close to 200! or as many as I can fit