• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Your experiences with ticket support

centaurgod

I would like to discuss your experiences with the folks that respond to your open tickets. Please do NOT post the support persons name/handle at this time. Lately I hear a lot (more than a dozen or so friends) of bad situations with players opening a ticket and either getting very curt responses, telling them to do task x or task y when they stated in their problem description that they already did task x and task y (i.e. clear cache, restart browser, restart computer, etc) , have the ticket closed without any real response, etc...
I would really like to understand who these reps are, and where they sit in the INNO organization. Are they paid on the number of tickets they close or just the ones they help on? What training in 'customer service' do they get, if any.

DeletedUser34800

I had an issue in game. I reached an age (LMA or Colonial) and was looking to grab my diamond expansions. The game only allowed me to get 1, when I was supposed to get 2.

I put in a ticket to ask about the issue, and they responded in a few hours. They were nice about the issue and explained that the game allows a certain total of diamond expansions as you age up, adding 2 each age and I had already reached the limit because of a glitch in game that allowed me to pick up an extra diamond expansion earlier than I should have (I remembered buying 3 in EMA but didn't think anything of it).

I thanked them for the prompt reply and explanation, and they thanked me for being polite about the situation (which just makes me feel like people are usually angry when dealing with them). It was a pleasant experience all around.

If they're just volunteers, than it sucks they have to put up with potentially angry customers. If they work for IG, then the person did a nice job being polite and handling my (very simple) situation.

wolfhoundtoo

Some are volunteers but some must surely be Inno employees. I'd expect only an Inno employee could actually deal with certain issues such as game bugs (assuming of course it's an actual bug).

DeletedUser8428

The several times I've contacted INNO support because of problems (usually related to payment or missing items I paid for) they were polite and seemed interested in resolving my issue. No complaints here.

DeletedUser31592

Some are volunteers but some must surely be Inno employees. I'd expect only an Inno employee could actually deal with certain issues such as game bugs (assuming of course it's an actual bug).
More likely the volunteers report it to someone working for the company.

DeletedUser26965

I've had 11 Tickets I've submitted going back to Sep 2016 and they've all been dealt with well, never problems. You usually always get that general response saying they'll get to it at first but then it gets handled in one way or another. As long as you know pretty much how the game works and aren't submitting tickets about issues they really can't do anything about then it should be fine.

centaurgod

In my last 1060 days of playing (taken from fan club achievements) I've open over 2 dozen tickets for various bugs. It's only been the last few months where I had issues the ticket reps. One of the recent ones took me forever to convince them that they needed to forward it to the developers. It still has not been fixed, but it may (hopefully) be addressed soon. Being a tech person myself for the last 5 decades, I know they may not have much troubleshoot skills, but one of my pet peeves is telling them I already cleared cache, restarted several different browsers, rebooted the entire machine, and the first thing they suggest is to clear my cache.....-end of rant-...

DeletedUser26965

well, if it has anything to do with "lag" in GvG ferget it and clear your cache lol

DrWingbat

What I have found that usually works best is if I submit a ticket about something that looks wrong or what my screen is showing. A screenshot works better than just trying to explain a problem and hope the person on the other end understands what you are trying to explain. It's kind of like when you go to the service dept for your car and try to mimic the sound your car is making.

DeletedUser27889

I just checked and in about 2 1/2 years time I have contacted support 9 times. I can only remember support being really great and helpful each time.

My most embarrassing report is also one of my best examples of how far above and beyond support usually goes:

In a new city in Yorktown I could not get a house to show a road connection, I picked up other buildings, I moved things around. I reloaded the game over and over, I tried a different house... nothing. I must have spent an hour trying to figure this out and eventually decided it must be some glitch. Yorktown was still too new to be able to plug it into the planner.

I contacted support and the person who answered was able to figure out I wasn't missing the road connection to the house I was missing a piece of road further up that connected to the road that connected to the house and all the other pieces on that road had secondary connections so this house was the only thing showing an issue.

Now I have no idea how long it took for this person to scour my city (the missing 1x1 was hidden behind a goods building) they could have just said a boilerplate 'all buildings must be connected to townhall blabla'

I of course thanked them profusely and apologized for reporting something as a bug that was my own error. To which they replied (I will change some words and paraphrase so as not to break the rule about posting support replies) 'Not at all! This is why we're here...I'm always so happy to help people get back into their games!'

The reason I first bought diamonds was due to support. I made a mistake with diamonds, it was my fault. I asked support if they could help expecting none but to my surprise the person who answered the ticket gave me a one time only undo. I figured surely they wouldn't help me get back the premium currency when I've actually purchased none of it but won it in game and I turned out to be wrong. I bought diamonds afterwords because their support is what made me decide this was a company/game that was worth the money to support.