• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Your First Great Building - A Guide Questline For New Players Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

Despite the fact that this announcement is more of a "nice-to-know" for most of you, we're still interested in your comments, if you have any :). Feel free to let us know here :).

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser29646

For a 3x3 building it seems like a good addition for new players to have, and not a complete wast of space like Colosseum. Heck this GB makes Colosseum look like more of a joke then it all ready is. Wish useless GB like that would be revisited but whatever, keep up the good work.

qaccy

This isn't really a priority issue since I'm definitely a minority in this case, but I'm pretty disappointed that it's going to be very difficult for me to obtain this GB. Depending on what the quest tasks are asking for, why couldn't the questline have been made to appear for all players? It's most definitely a low-value building meant for beginners, but there are definitely at least a few people out there beyond that point who'd want to build it for aesthetics if nothing else. The difficulty is going to come from the fact that I'll somehow have to find someone who's not only brand new and active, but also willing to build this GB once they obtain it and add me to their friend list so that I can obtain it. It's mainly the age 'restriction' that's bugging me here. If the quests were available to everyone, it would be something that everyone has equal access to and anyone who isn't interested can merely click through the simple quests to get back to their normal gameplay.

All that being said, it's entirely possible I'm making this out to be more annoying than it actually is. I guess it depends on how often new players happen to swing by the game.

DeletedUser26154

it's going to be very difficult for me to obtain this GB.

The high-era and cost is because it's introduced as part of Ocean Future.
It's also a real powerful Great Building, so it's going to be hard to get.
Or rather, since it will be hard to get, Inno made it real powerful.
Either way, you'll have to work for it, like everything else worth having.

fwq0u.png

As soon as I get my hands on one Kraken B.P., I'm buying the other 8, installing it in my city, then watch it level.

DeletedUser12620

View attachment 7965

As soon as I get my hands on one Kraken B.P., I'm buying the other 8, installing it in my city, then watch it level.

LOL:D

qaccy

View attachment 7965

I'm not talking about the Kraken though...that one's going to be easy to obtain since it's a 'normal' GB. This thread (and my post) is regarding the Oracle of Delphi.

DeletedUser27889

I think it's a bad idea to release a quest line and a new GB that couldn't be tested in beta at all.

I hope the quesline tells the player in no uncertain terms that the way they are getting this GB is in no way related to how they will get others. Also, that they should not be encouraged to waste many FP on something so poor.

If this is a tutorial it belongs in the stone age, not IA. 'Your first GB' but actually your 5th by the time you get to IA. It makes no sense.

qaccy

I think it's a bad idea to release a quest line and a new GB that couldn't be tested in beta at all.

I hope the quesline tells the player in no uncertain terms that the way they are getting this GB is in no way related to how they will get others. Also, that they should not be encouraged to waste many FP on something so poor.

If this is a tutorial it belongs in the stone age, not IA. 'Your first GB' but actually your 5th by the time you get to IA. It makes no sense.

For what it's worth, the majority of the tutorial and its quests already take place in the Bronze Age, so this isn't really a concern if you ask me. One of your very first tasks is to research spearfighters, which immediately takes you out of the Stone Age.

Enabling the questline to appear for players up to the Iron Age is probably more as a service to those who would have otherwise gotten it normally if they'd joined the game a couple weeks later, as this building would still be useful to them. After this one-time update, no players will be receiving the quests so late so this again doesn't seem like much of a concern.

The GB itself isn't bad, either. Objectively speaking, it costs no goods to build, costs less than any other GB to level up, and handily beats the Notre Dame in both bonuses despite taking up only a 3x3 space and being available far sooner. For efficiency it also roughly matches Dresden for happiness. While personal preferences mean we evaluate GB bonuses differently, by the numbers it has this isn't really a 'poor' GB if you ask me.

However, you have valid points in that I expect actual testing of this GB's implementation on beta was minimal as they probably get even fewer new players than the live servers (and beta testers don't have the luxury of starting new worlds like is possible on live, either), and that the quests should do an adequate job of explaining that this is not the norm for obtaining GBs.

DeletedUser31392

I agree there should be some disclaimer to how this GB is obtained vs how all others (aside from ToR and Obs) are obtained. However, the OoD GB seems like it ranks above some other GBs at level 10 for Happiness and Supplies, as Prinza was so kind to point out in Beta forums per tile it is actually better than ND. Because of the small size though, it appears to be weak. It's rather small size compared to other GBs of its kind could make it an asset in cities for that extra umph one might need to tip their Happiness over the edge to keep Enthusiastic citizens. And at 3x3 it really doesnt take up much room at all...

The total fp cost to level to 10 is 2010, or 83.75 days worth only using hourly fps. Considering the fact this GB will only be obtainable to newer players, player donations to it could be rather high if others in higher ages would want to build this as well (some have stated they merely want it for aesthetic purposes, though I can see others using it to add a bit extra Happiness in for the small size)

The first Cultural Building that has a greater per tile Happiness score doesn't come until the Future Era, the Weather Control Station (4x3, 2300, 191.667/tile un-polished, while Level 10 OoD boasts 188.889/tile). I feel a supply building somewhere around ME/PME would boast more supplies/tile because of being motivated, but non-motivated supplies wouldn't be til aroun TE/FE, though I don't care to do the comparisons at this time.

So while it may seem "weak" or "stupid to keep" at first glance, it is actually a decent GB to level and hold on to. I personally am curious to see what beyond level 10 bonuses will be.

Graviton

I think it's a good idea to add a bit more tutorial-like content for new players.

Now I will complain about a new building which wasn't meant for me (long-time player) and in which, therefore, I have no interest:

It should come with an expansion so I don't have to rearrange anything for it.
It should come in different colors so it goes with any decor.
Can you spell Delphi "Delfeye"? Nobody teaches phonics anymore, it's difficult to pronounce.
All players beyond mid-Iron Age should be given one for free. Make that two; one will be for the emotional distress of this whole thing.

DeletedUser12620

I don't think there would be enough players in the early stages of the game to qualify.

DeletedUser28753

Hard to find BPs of this new GB if you are a high level and have not any new players either as friends or as guild members!
If we ever want to have BPs from this OoD we will most probably have to wait for 2nd or third generation BPs gathered from higher level with built OoD, thanks to BPs they got from brand new players.
All this is if new players do get a ready to build GB and use it in their town!
Basically this GB is more interesting than most supplies buildings added with quite a good supply of happiness.
Smallest GB with Observatory!
Good luck everybody!

qaccy

What exactly qualifies as 'mid-Iron Age'? Seems rather vague to me.

Moving forward from here you're going to see the quests appear while you're in the Bronze Age so there doesn't really need to be any more clarification given, I don't think. This is just a one-time case of weirdness caused by activating the quests for players who've already begun the game, rather than only appearing for brand-new players who didn't start until today.

DeletedUser31631

I guess I am late Iron age. I don't have access to it. If it was going to be available to iron age players, then all of us in iron age should have access to it. I'm new to the game and would have liked to be able to get it.

DeletedUser25920

How/when does the questline that gives the BP's for the Oracle appear? I have a city still in BA which would qualify for getting the new questline (and hence the BPs). Is this questline part of the main story quest? Currently I have one side/recurring quest slot (and aborting quests there just cycles through the recurring quests). My main story quest is stuck on 'Research a military technology' and luckily my last un-researched tech in BA is a military tech. I do not want to unlock that research for no reason; unless this would make the new quest line appear after I research 'Siege weapons'. Does anyone know if this new questline appears as the next story quest? (regardless of which story quest one is currently at, as long as they are no further than 'mid-IA'?)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28753

Lady Eg, don't forget that you must have at least 1800 points to be eligible for the OoD quest.
And if I red well the announce it's not BPs you'll have at the end of that quest but the GB itself ready to be built in your town.

DeletedUser31392

I am also confused about when this Questline will appear. I have 2 cities that should qualify for them, one is in BA, the other I just moved to IA this morning. Neither have shown the Questline.

Edit: I just completed a story quest in IA and it triggered the OoD line for me. Seems to replace your current story line until you finish this one.