• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Your First Great Building - A Guide Questline For New Players Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser31882

I'm sad that I was unable to get the OoD GB on my Main world, especially since I must of just missed the window tech wise *shakes fist at Archers*. That being said, I'm really liking the effect the new GB has made on neighborhoods and my GB contribution meta-game. I can prune my friends list of all the semi-active/inactives much easier. No OoD or table cloth in your tavern? *snip!*

On my top 2 secondary worlds, the OoDs have been leveling like crazy, thanks to higher era players fighting over the BPs. Very many Spink acquired.

The animation is fun to boot.

DeletedUser12620

Same here. I saw this GB and was like whaaaat? I want it for the fact that I could stop building so many supply units.

I have it in one world, it blocks out the main questline until it's completed. I guess it's possible now to get a GB in one day hmmm :p

DeletedUser31912

The level progression for this is very weird.

Why is the increase from level 5 to 6 smaller than the increase from 4 to 5? The same happens with 8 to 9.

Pay more, get less is never fun.

Attachments

• FoEOracle.PNG
    FoEOracle.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 12

Bhombina

I think it's a great idea. A lot of new players don't understand the whole concept of GBs and why it's great to FP swap. They seem to rush through the ages without really understanding the game. On the downside, the benefits with this GB are useless. But the GB itself is beautiful, well done INNO-team! :)

DeletedUser31592

Just curious, what was the exploit that was fixed?
From a different thread:
It was a balancing issue with the cost to reward ratio on higher level Oracle GB's.
between Levels 30 to 90 or whatever it generated massive forge Point rewards for high Arcs. So people leveled it, scapped it, and leveled it again, rinse and repeat. Players generated 50000-100000 FP this way.
of course...nobody got punished, no exploited FP will be deducted. awesome isn't it?

Algona

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...e-oracle-of-delphi-changes.20568/#post-169666

How ominous is the last three digits of the link?

Folks, this is going to trigger a full fledged dookystorm the like of which we have never seen if this is an exact description of what INNO is going to do.

If an exploiter swapped ill gotten 1K FP with an innocent party, will the Innocent lose the donated 1K FP? Will the exploiter keep the 1 K FP the innocent put on their GB?

This could effect a lot of people. I sure hope the exploiters didn't get much trading done.

----------

INNO, way to bollox this. You put the ridiculously OP Arc in the game, the player base has been using Arc to warp the game for years now. You know how stupidly warping the Arc is and you let this occur?

I thought we were through the worst of the silly mistakes, but this one is the worst so far.

Aside from Arc.

DeletedUser27889

I don't understand why there was no feedback or question option for the new announcement.

I was unaware of any exploit nor did I participate in an exploit. In fact hearing it being fixed on beta was the first time I heard anything to do with it.

Will the levels from GBs be taken from those that participated from the exploit? Or from those they contributed points to? I don't believe I received any exploited FP but I have no way of knowing if I did or not.

Also, if I did a swap with someone who exploited and my GBs get reduced I still paid my non exploited FP to them do I get those back? If someone who exploited gave me 100 or or so am I really going to lose a 3K arc level? What about the other thousands of non exploited points on that level?

Judging by the folks I'm trading with I highly doubt this would effect me in this way but just posing the general questions from a first person perspective because that post leaves a ton of questions about how bad this could be.

In beta when they released this whole thing people complained because it was announced not tested. We had no way of testing it. How many times do things need to go incredibly wrong in this game until inno uses it's test server for it's purpose?

qaccy

Based on my observations, it looks like any GB that gained around 25 or more levels since October 8th (when the Oracle was added) had those levels reset. In the case of the Kraken, this essentially means that any that were caught by this bug/fix/whatever basically received a full reset. I haven't seen any instance of a reset Kraken that didn't send it all the way back to the beginning; partial level loss has only applied to other GBs that obviously were around before the 8th.

It does seem to be a bug that will hopefully be fixed, because the current effect is that it's only removing GB levels, rather than FP as was the stated intention. Anyone who would've gained FP through this exploit is essentially unpunished if this is all the system is doing, unless they used that exploited FP solely to level their own buildings which then got reset. If they donated to someone else, then that person's GB got reset and the exploiter still got to pocket whatever rewards they made along the way. In the case of the US servers, this fix seems to only have negative consequences as I'm unaware that there was even an Oracle across all US worlds that was high enough to exploit. Anyone who lost levels is innocent of wrongdoing and this should definitely be addressed.

DeletedUser31592

. Anyone who lost levels is innocent of wrongdoing and this should definitely be addressed.
My assumption is that contributors to their GBs may have gotten the FPs from the Oracle? That is the only thing that can possibly make sense.

I don't have a single GB above level 20. Glad of it right now!!

qaccy

My assumption is that contributors to their GBs may have gotten the FPs from the Oracle? That is the only thing that can possibly make sense.

I don't have a single GB above level 20. Glad of it right now!!

As I outlined in my post, to my knowledge nobody on the US servers even had an Oracle that could be exploited, and this only seems to have affected GBs that gained significant levels since the 8th. Anything existing before that time was kept, regardless of whether or not the GB was affected.

DeletedUser27889

As I outlined in my post, to my knowledge nobody on the US servers even had an Oracle that could be exploited, and this only seems to have affected GBs that gained significant levels since the 8th. Anything existing before that time was kept, regardless of whether or not the GB was affected.
I agree with this assessment. The French were the ones making a huge exploit of this, my worlds highest oracle was 9. That's going by forgeDB which does not update as quickly as the game and is still showing level 70+ Krakens that are no longer in game. I don't believe the US servers were taking advantage of this or knew it was possible. This explanation makes sense.

However how they are going to fix this doesn't. They should be pulling the game offline right now. People are not only freaking out but also what is happening to any points being put on GBs now? Will those disappear once it is fixed? How are they going to compensate people losing out on arc bonuses? Imagine contributing 2,000 points to a GB because with your boost you expect to get back 2,000 and instead you loose 1900 because the building levels during this mistake?

DeletedUser32065

Based on my observations, it looks like any GB that gained around 25 or more levels since October 8th (when the Oracle was added) had those levels reset. In the case of the Kraken, this essentially means that any that were caught by this bug/fix/whatever basically received a full reset. I haven't seen any instance of a reset Kraken that didn't send it all the way back to the beginning; partial level loss has only applied to other GBs that obviously were around before the 8th.

Maybe that's what happened to me... I got my kraken from 24 or 25 to 0, ToR from 63 to 38. Chateau from 56 to 25 and Inno from 64 to 21.
This weekend I pushed a lot for my Inno form 28 to 63 because I moved from CE to FE and I needed that population. Chateau and ToR are the two other GBs that I have been focus and pushing a lot lately... (and don't care about double dip)

Fairy Lily

I am so frustrated. I only donated to an Oracle where someone was self leveling maybe 2 at the most 3 times! MY ARC GOT RESET BY ABOUT 25 levels because of that!
I did not know there was a scam... how should we know when we only play for fun!!! This was never properly tested because so few people had access to it! NOW everyone is being punished because of something others did, while most of us had nothing to do with it.
I HONESTLY HATE THIS DUMB GB!!! It takes a ridiculous amount of time to level an Arc and now I have been debating just stopping the game entirely all day because I am so upset by how Inno is handling this. I doubt I am the only one that feels this way!

DeletedUser26965

I am so frustrated. I only donated to an Oracle where someone was self leveling maybe 2 at the most 3 times! MY ARC GOT RESET BY ABOUT 25 levels because of that!
No, it was some automated "fix" that really should have never been applied to the U.S. server and it broke a bunch of players GB's. Hopefully they can fix the issue quickly and restore everyone's GB's at least.

Fairy Lily

No, it was some automated "fix" that really should have never been applied to the U.S. server and it broke a bunch of players GB's. Hopefully they can fix the issue quickly and restore everyone's GB's at least.

I know I have been following the threads. BUT The only reason they created this "fix" was because of this stupid GB. SO I HATE THIS GB!!!
They better have this fixed fast. I am tempted to quit because of this, and I really doubt that I am the only one considering it. Inno may be losing players real soon if it doesn't find a fix soon.

DeletedUser26965

I know I have been following the threads. BUT The only reason they created this "fix" was because of this stupid GB. SO I HATE THIS GB!!!
They better have this fixed fast. I am tempted to quit because of this, and I really doubt that I am the only one considering it. Inno may be losing players real soon if it doesn't find a fix soon.
Given how quickly they posted an ingame message about it, something they rarely do, I assume they'll get it fixed quick. This has got to be the worse blunder I've seen so hopefully all is well again soon.

DeletedUser31882

BUT The only reason they created this "fix" was because of this stupid GB. SO I HATE THIS GB!!!

To be fair to the ole gal, it wasn't her fault. It was a Dev oversight that lead to a balancing fix. Then there was ANOTHER oversight and the fix was deployed where it shouldn't of been.

Here's hoping that once this is in our hindsight, they have the foresight to get some oversight.