Your Forge Point pool has reached its maximum?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Andrea05, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Andrea05

Andrea05 New Member

Received this on my cell just over an hour ago. Is there an actual limit of how many I can have stored in inventory?

Attached Files:

2. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Well-Known Member

No, that is referring to your bar FPs.

3. Andrea05

Andrea05 New Member

That's weird than. Its only half full. All times I've collected and it's gone past 10fps I've never received this. It came right after a gb I helped level and received fps for and were added to my inventory.

4. Stephen Longshanks

Interesting. That notification should only be referring to the bar, as there is no known limit to inventory FP packs. And there are players who literally have thousands of FP packs in inventory.

5. Emberguard

Emberguard Active Member

@Andrea05 do you have only one world? That notification specifically stated it's for Xyr. If you have multiple worlds it's possible you were logged into a different world.

Otherwise if it's just the one world then it does sound like a bug. That notification should only show if your FP bar reaches 10 and you're not logged into the mobile device.

6. Andrea05

Andrea05 New Member

I do have another world, but I'm almost never active in it. Xyr is the world I actively play in and was on when the notification came up on my cell.

7. Emberguard

Emberguard Active Member

Do you normally use the app or desktop?

The way the app works is whichever world you last logged into on the mobile device is the world it'll log into when booting it back up regardless of where the notifications were meant for or where you last logged into from a different device.

Of course if you barely use the other world chances are you'd recognise you're not in Xyr anyway

8. heybo

heybo Well-Known Member

That notification appears on mobile when your normal hourly FP generation reaches 10 FPs.

There may have been changes/updates/improvements to notifications in the last mobile update but can be disabled in mobile settings (or updates to your device sw so app notifications are actually working for you now!)
    Again, notification simply means you’ve got 10 points in your bar and you can’t generate any more hourly FPs until you drop your bar points below 10.
    I get them all day, ‘errr day in every world I play in regardless of which I logged in last (as long as I have signal!)

9. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Active Member

This could be due to using more than one device (or using both mobile and PC).

For instance, you use your phone, and when you quit, you have 5 FP on your bar, and the game on the phone knows that in 4h26m your bar will be full. So it schedules internally on the phone a notification to go off in 4h26m telling you your FP bar is full.

You go off and play on another device or on the PC, and spend those 5 FP, but don't log back in to the phone. The phone has no idea you spent those FP and the notification will go off as scheduled, you open the game on your phone and "Whut? My bar isn't full!"

10. Stephen Longshanks

I don't think that's how it works.

11. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Okay, how does it work?

12. Stephen Longshanks

It's probably triggered when the bar reaches 10. There would be too many things that could go wrong with a timer. The simplest option is usually best.

13. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Triggered by what?

14. Stephen Longshanks

By the bar reaching 10 FP.

15. Roxana 1184 the Wise

16. Emberguard

Emberguard Active Member

I've had it appear on my mobile app notifications coinciding with the desktop reaching 10 FPs whenever it's a hourly rate that triggered the 10FP full bar

It can't be simply a timer as otherwise it'd have come hours later whenever I collect whether it be DC, GE, Incidents or buildings and partially spend leaving just a couple spaces left to fill up to 10FPs.

Whether or not the OP experienced a bug would depend on how much FPs they had remaining, what the hourly timer was left on, and what triggered their notification

17. Roxana 1184 the Wise

It depends on the implementation. Using a timer on the device is cheaper, and will work even if the device has no connection to the internet. But of course, there is the what if another device is used making the timer wrong? On iOS, a silent push notification can be used to invalidate the timer (and possibly setting a new one). I suspect you can do this on Android too, but I can't confirm that. But this works only if the device has connection and background app refresh is on. If the user has turned off background app refresh, then system notifications (banner or badge for example) can be sent, but the app will not be woken up in the background to handle the push notification, so the app can't invalidate the timer (or set a new one).

18. Kranyar the Mysterious

Kranyar the Mysterious Active Member

When I am out of cell tower range (often) I never get notifications for my bar being full until I get back into range of a tower, then suddenly they all go off. It is definitely a push type notification, not a timer internal to the device.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.