• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Zeus: level 11 to 12

• Thread starter DeletedUser5356
  • Start date

DeletedUser5356

What is the purpose of leveling Zeus from 11 to 12? There is no gain at all. Level 12 is the same as level 11. I'm sure someone will say "look at it like this, you gain .5%" but...no you don't, there is no gain until you reach level 13. If there was a .5% gain it would be listed and applied on level 12, which it is not.
This makes no sense to me, absolutely no gain for an entire level?

DeletedUser1862

The gain I see is the ability to gain the next level's 1%. You can't gain level 13 until you gain level 12.
the Zeus wasn't a very productive GB in the first place.

DeletedUser5356

Lol. I understand there is a 1% gain from level 12 to 13. My question is what is the purpose of having a GB with a "level up" level that does not "level up" the GB? The productiveness of the Zeus is not relevant. But the productiveness is debatable as I consider it to be most productive. It's small size and early availability to boost your attack was most productive. But thats a different story.
Leveling a GB to get to a level that will level your GB...makes no sense.

DeletedUser2145

In order to reach the next level, you need the previous level. Sometimes even that 1% might not make a difference for your army, but by moving up in levels you have the ability to obtain more than a single 1% bonus. With continued support for the GB you receive a bonus eventually.

DeletedUser5356

Ok guys, I understand that you gain from leveling up your GB's and the measly 1% bonus is not in question here.
The question deals with how can no gain to a GB be considered a "level up"? Level up implies a gain of something.
If it's as Bastion says (which it obviously is) that doesn't make sense. Your not "leveling up" at all, until you reach level 13. Which means level 12 is not needed at all...it serves no purpose.
Does anyone understand my question?

DeletedUser2145

You do not receive any upgrade to your bonus, yes. But you receive the ability to get to the next level, which provides you with an upgrade to your bonus.

Basically, a boost to your army's attack and defense is considered valuable and unlike some Great Building bonuses that go up with each level, here it goes up with every other level.

The two levels are still in place because if they're combined together you would need double the forge points to level up the GB. If level 11 and 12 are merged together, you would need 1000ish forge points instead of two instances of 500ish forge points to reach that 1% bonus. So even though there is no increase in the bonus, it works in your favor that the levels are broken down as they are. More players may be willing to contribute fps due to the contribution rewards if the amount of fps needed are lower.

DeletedUser5356

"You do not receive any upgrade to your bonus, yes. But you receive the ability to get to the next level, which provides you with an upgrade to your bonus."

Level 12 is the next level.

"Basically, a boost to your army's attack and defense is considered valuable and unlike some Great Building bonuses that go up with each level, here it goes up with every other level."

A level is when your armies attack and defense goes up,on this building. If it doesn't go up...it doesn't level.

"The two levels are still in place because if they're combined together you would need double the forge points to level up the GB. If level 11 and 12 are merged together, you would need 1000ish forge points instead of two instances of 500ish forge points to reach that 1% bonus. So even though there is no increase in the bonus, it works in your favor that the levels are broken down as they are. More players may be willing to contribute fps due to the contribution rewards if the amount of fps needed are lower."

If it costs too many forge points to get to the next level (the 1% increase) adding a level in between levels that doesn't level up your GB is not a level. I don't know what it is...but it's definitely not a level.

Let me ask you this...Is there any other GB that goes from one level to the next without actually leveling up, in some way? Any GB any level?

DeletedUser2145

Yes, Cape Canaveral goes from level 1 to level 2, and then from level 6 to level 7, without receiving anything at all. And that's a Post-Modern Era GB that obviously requires a lot more game progress and therefore a lot more time and effort, a lot more goods for construction, a lot more forge points to advance from level to level, and takes up a lot more space.

Comparing GBs is like comparing apples and oranges, their only link is that they're fruits (or otherwise GBs). There exists no other exact GB with such a size, that can also be obtained so early in the game with so few goods and whose fp requirements for leveling up are lower compared to others.

DeletedUser5356

Thanks for your efforts ThePhantom. There seems to be 2 GB's that have levels that aren't actually levels. I am going to give up on this question, personally. But I do appreciate your efforts to explain what skipping a level means.
I'll continue being totally confused on how a level up that doesn't actually level up a building is considered a level up, however.
It doesn't matter because I have just looked at the Cathedral of Aachen and it doesn't get a 1% increase either, it does get an increase in coins. So, i have realized that it takes 2 levels to get an actual 1% increase in attack for these buildings...that's totally absurd. Close this thread, i wish to speak of it no more.

*Arturis*

I know the feeling, going from 5% per level up to 3% is bad enough, and when I found out I only get 1% from level 10 to 11, only found out again it will take 2 level to gain 1%. You might as well farm fp to level it up the next couple years to see the different from the 90% attack bonus.

DeletedUser8796

This gap between attack boosts gained is garbage. The 1% boost after level 10 is an insult to the purpose of the GB. The GB is there to boost your troops attack; But taking 6 months to get a +2% boost off of it.... If that is the rate that the boost % stays at i wont even bother going past level 10. :hmph: