• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Squoobie's Egyptian Settlement Guide

Squoobee

Welcome!

Hello. I don't post in the forums much (err, um, at all), and its my first guide. I've had this written and posted in-game in my guilds for quite some time. With the renewed interest in the settlement buildings, I thought I'd go ahead and post it here for you all to praise or pick apart, as the case may be...

This guide presumes you are familiar with the mechanics of FoE and settlements - goods production, the Embassy and diplomacy, fighting, the need to build, delete and rebuild, and utilizing the space you have available. These are the steps I follow to enable me to complete the settlement in the shortest time frame and without spending any diamonds. The final Egyptian Settlement main building, Royal Bathhouse (3x4), provides 74 FPs, 20 random units, coins, and 500 goods for the guild treasury. In addition, it provides some very good military boosts. Very Nice!

It is also important to note:
  1. This is just how I complete the settlement. Many variations are, of course, possible.
  2. You cannot let your productions sit for many hours and expect to complete within the bonus time frame. I use 4 and 8 hour productions for goods. But you still get the main settlement building & upgrades as long as you finish, so it is still worth completing, even if you miss the time.
  3. This is a guide, and, while I have tried to make it very comprehensive, deviations may be necessary based on an individual run's specific circumstances - 4x collection bonuses, impediment placement, and player scheduling.
Some notes (these will make more sense after you get going), but I needed a place to put them...
  • "Build" a building does not mean it has to complete. Just place it and then complete the quest(s). Sometimes you will need to move things around to get new items to fit, sometimes temporarily disconnecting buildings.
  • Always fight your battles with 8 fully healed archers to minimize losses. You may get zeroed occasionally, but no worries, just dismiss that fight and rebuild your archers while you wait for the next battle.
  • There is no need to complete the 3rd (hardest) battle. Ever. Just dismiss it.
  • You may at times run out of Deben or Loot. Again, no worries. Plenty of time. But don't waste Deben or Loot unnecessarily. If you run out of Loot, you can use Archers + the unattached units to fight another battle, but you could also just wait it out until you have 8 Archers again. There is plenty of time - as long as you are active and do not waste a lot.
  • Paths cost Deben coins - don't build more than you need. You can connect the Huts if you want - but they give so little Deben coins that it's not worth building a bunch of Paths, as that will sometimes cost more than you will get back before you delete the Hut. Just connect what you can.
  • As you use your impediment removal tools, keep in mind that you will eventually have to build a Pyramid (better to build 2), and they are 6x6 each. Better to concentrate on a large open area and leave the impediments around the edges. No rush to use them either - you can save them until you have an idea of how all the buildings fit together. No need to spend diamonds for more removal tools.
  • Some parts of this guide refer to producing 2 or more types of goods at the same time. Once the goal for 1 type of good is reached, those buildings can be replaced by a different type of goods building needed to complete the goal, or temporary houses to gain some Deben.
Start - The First 10 Minutes
  • Start by moving your Embassy (the main building) to one end or the other. I find it easier to move it to the near end, as expansions will be added to the far end.
  • Build a road of 6 Paths and line it with 6 Clay Huts and let them complete. This will finish quest 1.
  • When the Huts are complete, rearrange and build a Grain Farm (quest 2).
  • Build a Training Camp (quest 3). Complete the quest, no need to wait for the Camp to complete.
  • Open the Siege Camp and complete the first (easiest) battle. You should be able to just auto battle it with 5 camels and 3 fighters, or 4 and 4 if you'd like (quest 4).
  • Delete the Training Camp and build 2 Nubian Archery Ranges. I usually move the Embassy in 2 rows and put 1 Archery Range to the left of it with 1 of the Huts and 1 additional Path tile.
  • After an hour, construction of the Archery Ranges and the Farm will be complete. Unlock all the slots in both Archery Ranges and start production of archers. Set production for Grain Farm.
Barley is not Just for Beer
  • After you have harvested 10 barley (quest 5), build 2 expansions (cost 1 barley and 5 barley), and 9 Potted Plants. (quest 6). Either add expansions to the right of the far end to give you a 5x2 layout, or below the tiles on the far end. It doesn't really matter as long as you work towards a large connected space (see the note on Pyramids below).
  • Build 2 more Huts, then add a 2nd Grain Farm. Let it complete, set productions. Keep producing archers and barley.
To Arms!
  • When you have 8 archers, fight the first 2 battles in the Siege Camp. You may need to heal in between or let more archers complete.
  • When you have enough barley to unlock Divine Statues and Pottery (44 total), delete 1 Grain Farm and build enough Potted Plants to unlock the Statues and Pottery.
  • Delete Potted Plants, build a Hut. When it completes, build 2 Divine Statues (quest 7).
  • Delete Divine Statues, build Pottery. When it completes, set production.
Land Stretching Out...

After your first Pottery production completes:
  • Buy 3 expansions - 1 Pottery each.
  • Build 3 more Huts.
  • Build 1 more Grain Farm and 1 more Pottery.
  • Continue producing barley and pottery until you have enough of each to unlock Flower Farm. (quest 8 = produce 10 pottery). This will take a while :)
  • Continue to produce archers and completing the first 2 battles in the Siege Camp. You should be able to auto-battle them. Ignore the hardest one. If you run out of loot, no worries, plenty of time.
Stop and Smell the Flowers
  • When you have enough Barley and Pottery to unlock the Flower Farm, delete 1 Grain Farm and 1 Pottery and a couple of Huts. Build enough Potted Plants to unlock Multi-Story Houses and Cultivated Palms.
  • Replace the Potted Plants with Cultivated Palms to unlock the Water Garden and Flower Farm.
  • Delete enough Cultivated Palms to make room for and build 2 Multi-Story Houses (quest 9). Then delete the Multi-Story Houses.
  • If you dropped below 360 diplomacy, rebuild Cultivated Palms to complete quest 10 :)
  • Remove the remaining Cultivated Palms (and Potted Plants). Build Huts and rearrange so you can Build 2 Water Gardens (quest 11). Then delete the Water Gardens.
  • Delete a couple of Huts, build a Flower Farm (quest 12).
  • For the next many hours, you will work to replace Huts with Muti-Story Houses and have 2 Grain Farms, 2 Pottery and 2 Flower Farms. After your first Flower Farm harvest, you can buy 3 more expansions, 1 Flower each.
  • Continue producing Barley, Pottery and/or Flowers until you have enough of all 3 to complete the settlement. Note that if you finish 1 type of goods before the others, delete those buildings, and build the other type(s) to speed things along.
  • You should also have enough extra Deben coins at this point to build a couple Paths to keep stuff connected. It is not necessary to connect all the housing buildings.
Get Some Religion
  • After you have enough Barley, Pottery and Flowers to complete the settlement, delete all those buildings, and build Cultivated Palms to unlock everything up to Place of Prayer. You may have to delete some Huts.
  • Delete enough Palms to build 3 Residential Blocks (quest 13).
  • Delete Residential Blocks and build an Elephant Stable (quest 14).
  • Delete the Stable then rebuild some Palms to get to 1230 diplomacy (quest 15).
  • Remove all the diplomacy items, build 2 Residential Blocks and as many Places of Prayer as you can fit (quest 16). Set productions.
  • After your first collection, purchase 3 more expansions, 1 Sacrificial Offering each.
  • Continue producing Sacrificial Offerings until you have enough to unlock everything that is left.
Note: Quest 20 will require you to gather 300 Loot and 20 Sacrificial Offerings. You can try to plan ahead for this by saving a 300+ loot battle and producing extra Sacrificial Offerings. and not collecting them.

Sacrifice is Good for what Ails You
  • When you have enough Sacrificial Offerings, make room and build enough diplomacy to unlock everything else. Since everything is unlocked, you can purchase any expansions to give yourself some more room. Note that if you keep just 2 Archery Ranges, 2 Places of Prayer, 2 Residential Blocks and a couple of Multi-story Houses and delete all other buildings, you should be able to just use Cultivated Palms, which only take a minute to build.
  • Start your 2 Places of Prayer on productions for quest 20.
  • Remove enough Palms to construct a Procession (quest 17). You may need some Huts.
  • Delete the Procession, replace Palms to get back to 1610 (quest 18).
  • Delete enough Palms to make room for 2 Luxury Estates and 1 Oasis (quest 19). Then delete them.
What a Tangled Web...

The completion of quests 20-23 is intertwined, and changes based on where you are at. I recommend you read through all the remaining items ahead of time so you can get a preview of how things fit together. If you have extra goods, build whatever expansions you can.
  • Quest 20 is to gather 300 loot and 20 Sacrificial Offerings.
  • Quest 21 is to have 1820 diplomacy
  • Quest 22 is to build a Pyramid.
  • Quest 23 is to produce 30 of each good and 30,000 Deben. Producing the Deben usually takes longer than producing the goods.
Quest 20
  • If you are fortunate, and have planned well, you may be able to complete Quest 20 right away. If you can complete it right away, you should be able to complete all but the last quest at the same time using just Cultivated Palms for diplomacy. Build, delete, build, and so on.
  • If you have to wait for Quest 20, then while you are waiting for production or archers or a battle to open, get ready for the rest of the quests, by starting your Pyramids.
  • You will need a 1200 loot to produce 30 of each good for the last quest. After you have completed the battle for Quest 20 and have 1200 loot banked, you can delete the Nubian Archery Ranges as no more battles will be necessary. You can use excess Deben for Path construction, as you no longer need to build archers.
  • For population, I usually build 1 luxury estate and then use Huts while it completes so construction of Pyramids can start. Depending on your goods and expansions, you may be able to get by with just Huts and Houses.
  • Build 2 Pyraminds for Deben collection for the last quest. 2 Pyramids will also give you 1780 diplomacy. A couple of Palms and you'll have the 1820 you need for Quest 21. If you can't fit a 2nd Pyramid, you'll have to build Processions and Palms to get there.
  • Where possible, save all Deben collections until you have the quest to gather 30,000 active. This will save you some time. Choose and time your productions and collections so you can collect as much Deben as possible as soon as the quest is active.
  • Fill remaining space with production buildings to complete 30 of each good. I try and get at least one of each up, then adjust from there. Build Huts and/or Houses as needed. They produce very little Deben, so connecting them is not a priority.
  • After all your goods are complete, you can concentrate on Deben coins to finish the last quest.
That's it! Most of the time, I am able to complete the settlement within the Gold chest time frame, but sometimes missing that goal happens based on the luck of the 4x multiplier.

Cheers

~ Squoobie

Dominator - X

Welcome!

Hello. I don't post in the forums much (err, um, at all), and its my first guide. I've had this written and posted in-game in my guilds for quite some time. With the renewed interest in the settlement buildings, I thought I'd go ahead and post it here for you all to praise or pick apart, as the case may be...

This guide presumes you are familiar with the mechanics of FoE and settlements - goods production, the Embassy and diplomacy, fighting, the need to build, delete and rebuild, and utilizing the space you have available. These are the steps I follow to enable me to complete the settlement in the shortest time frame and without spending any diamonds. The final Egyptian Settlement main building, Royal Bathhouse (3x4), provides 74 FPs, 20 random units, coins, and 500 goods for the guild treasury. In addition, it provides some very good military boosts. Very Nice!

It is also important to note:
  1. This is just how I complete the settlement. Many variations are, of course, possible.
  2. You cannot let your productions sit for many hours and expect to complete within the bonus time frame. I use 4 and 8 hour productions for goods. But you still get the main settlement building & upgrades as long as you finish, so it is still worth completing, even if you miss the time.
  3. This is a guide, and, while I have tried to make it very comprehensive, deviations may be necessary based on an individual run's specific circumstances - 4x collection bonuses, impediment placement, and player scheduling.
Some notes (these will make more sense after you get going), but I needed a place to put them...
  • "Build" a building does not mean it has to complete. Just place it and then complete the quest(s). Sometimes you will need to move things around to get new items to fit, sometimes temporarily disconnecting buildings.
  • Always fight your battles with 8 fully healed archers to minimize losses. You may get zeroed occasionally, but no worries, just dismiss that fight and rebuild your archers while you wait for the next battle.
  • There is no need to complete the 3rd (hardest) battle. Ever. Just dismiss it.
  • You may at times run out of Deben or Loot. Again, no worries. Plenty of time. But don't waste Deben or Loot unnecessarily. If you run out of Loot, you can use Archers + the unattached units to fight another battle, but you could also just wait it out until you have 8 Archers again. There is plenty of time - as long as you are active and do not waste a lot.
  • Paths cost Deben coins - don't build more than you need. You can connect the Huts if you want - but they give so little Deben coins that it's not worth building a bunch of Paths, as that will sometimes cost more than you will get back before you delete the Hut. Just connect what you can.
  • As you use your impediment removal tools, keep in mind that you will eventually have to build a Pyramid (better to build 2), and they are 6x6 each. Better to concentrate on a large open area and leave the impediments around the edges. No rush to use them either - you can save them until you have an idea of how all the buildings fit together. No need to spend diamonds for more removal tools.
  • Some parts of this guide refer to producing 2 or more types of goods at the same time. Once the goal for 1 type of good is reached, those buildings can be replaced by a different type of goods building needed to complete the goal, or temporary houses to gain some Deben.
Start - The First 10 Minutes
  • Start by moving your Embassy (the main building) to one end or the other. I find it easier to move it to the near end, as expansions will be added to the far end.
  • Build a road of 6 Paths and line it with 6 Clay Huts and let them complete. This will finish quest 1.
  • When the Huts are complete, rearrange and build a Grain Farm (quest 2).
  • Build a Training Camp (quest 3). Complete the quest, no need to wait for the Camp to complete.
  • Open the Siege Camp and complete the first (easiest) battle. You should be able to just auto battle it with 5 camels and 3 fighters, or 4 and 4 if you'd like (quest 4).
  • Delete the Training Camp and build 2 Nubian Archery Ranges. I usually move the Embassy in 2 rows and put 1 Archery Range to the left of it with 1 of the Huts and 1 additional Path tile.
  • After an hour, construction of the Archery Ranges and the Farm will be complete. Unlock all the slots in both Archery Ranges and start production of archers. Set production for Grain Farm.
Barley is not Just for Beer
  • After you have harvested 10 barley (quest 5), build 2 expansions (cost 1 barley and 5 barley), and 9 Potted Plants. (quest 6). Either add expansions to the right of the far end to give you a 5x2 layout, or below the tiles on the far end. It doesn't really matter as long as you work towards a large connected space (see the note on Pyramids below).
  • Build 2 more Huts, then add a 2nd Grain Farm. Let it complete, set productions. Keep producing archers and barley.
To Arms!
  • When you have 8 archers, fight the first 2 battles in the Siege Camp. You may need to heal in between or let more archers complete.
  • When you have enough barley to unlock Divine Statues and Pottery (44 total), delete 1 Grain Farm and build enough Potted Plants to unlock the Statues and Pottery.
  • Delete Potted Plants, build a Hut. When it completes, build 2 Divine Statues (quest 7).
  • Delete Divine Statues, build Pottery. When it completes, set production.
Land Stretching Out...

After your first Pottery production completes:
  • Buy 3 expansions - 1 Pottery each.
  • Build 3 more Huts.
  • Build 1 more Grain Farm and 1 more Pottery.
  • Continue producing barley and pottery until you have enough of each to unlock Flower Farm. (quest 8 = produce 10 pottery). This will take a while :)
  • Continue to produce archers and completing the first 2 battles in the Siege Camp. You should be able to auto-battle them. Ignore the hardest one. If you run out of loot, no worries, plenty of time.
Stop and Smell the Flowers
  • When you have enough Barley and Pottery to unlock the Flower Farm, delete 1 Grain Farm and 1 Pottery and a couple of Huts. Build enough Potted Plants to unlock Multi-Story Houses and Cultivated Palms.
  • Replace the Potted Plants with Cultivated Palms to unlock the Water Garden and Flower Farm.
  • Delete enough Cultivated Palms to make room for and build 2 Multi-Story Houses (quest 9). Then delete the Multi-Story Houses.
  • If you dropped below 360 diplomacy, rebuild Cultivated Palms to complete quest 10 :)
  • Remove the remaining Cultivated Palms (and Potted Plants). Build Huts and rearrange so you can Build 2 Water Gardens (quest 11). Then delete the Water Gardens.
  • Delete a couple of Huts, build a Flower Farm (quest 12).
  • For the next many hours, you will work to replace Huts with Muti-Story Houses and have 2 Grain Farms, 2 Pottery and 2 Flower Farms. After your first Flower Farm harvest, you can buy 3 more expansions, 1 Flower each.
  • Continue producing Barley, Pottery and/or Flowers until you have enough of all 3 to complete the settlement. Note that if you finish 1 type of goods before the others, delete those buildings, and build the other type(s) to speed things along.
  • You should also have enough extra Deben coins at this point to build a couple Paths to keep stuff connected. It is not necessary to connect all the housing buildings.
Get Some Religion
  • After you have enough Barley, Pottery and Flowers to complete the settlement, delete all those buildings, and build Cultivated Palms to unlock everything up to Place of Prayer. You may have to delete some Huts.
  • Delete enough Palms to build 3 Residential Blocks (quest 13).
  • Delete Residential Blocks and build an Elephant Stable (quest 14).
  • Delete the Stable then rebuild some Palms to get to 1230 diplomacy (quest 15).
  • Remove all the diplomacy items, build 2 Residential Blocks and as many Places of Prayer as you can fit (quest 16). Set productions.
  • After your first collection, purchase 3 more expansions, 1 Sacrificial Offering each.
  • Continue producing Sacrificial Offerings until you have enough to unlock everything that is left.
Note: Quest 20 will require you to gather 300 Loot and 20 Sacrificial Offerings. You can try to plan ahead for this by saving a 300+ loot battle and producing extra Sacrificial Offerings. and not collecting them.

Sacrifice is Good for what Ails You
  • When you have enough Sacrificial Offerings, make room and build enough diplomacy to unlock everything else. Since everything is unlocked, you can purchase any expansions to give yourself some more room. Note that if you keep just 2 Archery Ranges, 2 Places of Prayer, 2 Residential Blocks and a couple of Multi-story Houses and delete all other buildings, you should be able to just use Cultivated Palms, which only take a minute to build.
  • Start your 2 Places of Prayer on productions for quest 20.
  • Remove enough Palms to construct a Procession (quest 17). You may need some Huts.
  • Delete the Procession, replace Palms to get back to 1610 (quest 18).
  • Delete enough Palms to make room for 2 Luxury Estates and 1 Oasis (quest 19). Then delete them.
What a Tangled Web...

The completion of quests 20-23 is intertwined, and changes based on where you are at. I recommend you read through all the remaining items ahead of time so you can get a preview of how things fit together. If you have extra goods, build whatever expansions you can.
  • Quest 20 is to gather 300 loot and 20 Sacrificial Offerings.
  • Quest 21 is to have 1820 diplomacy
  • Quest 22 is to build a Pyramid.
  • Quest 23 is to produce 30 of each good and 30,000 Deben. Producing the Deben usually takes longer than producing the goods.
Quest 20
  • If you are fortunate, and have planned well, you may be able to complete Quest 20 right away. If you can complete it right away, you should be able to complete all but the last quest at the same time using just Cultivated Palms for diplomacy. Build, delete, build, and so on.
  • If you have to wait for Quest 20, then while you are waiting for production or archers or a battle to open, get ready for the rest of the quests, by starting your Pyramids.
  • You will need a 1200 loot to produce 30 of each good for the last quest. After you have completed the battle for Quest 20 and have 1200 loot banked, you can delete the Nubian Archery Ranges as no more battles will be necessary. You can use excess Deben for Path construction, as you no longer need to build archers.
  • For population, I usually build 1 luxury estate and then use Huts while it completes so construction of Pyramids can start. Depending on your goods and expansions, you may be able to get by with just Huts and Houses.
  • Build 2 Pyraminds for Deben collection for the last quest. 2 Pyramids will also give you 1780 diplomacy. A couple of Palms and you'll have the 1820 you need for Quest 21. If you can't fit a 2nd Pyramid, you'll have to build Processions and Palms to get there.
  • Where possible, save all Deben collections until you have the quest to gather 30,000 active. This will save you some time. Choose and time your productions and collections so you can collect as much Deben as possible as soon as the quest is active.
  • Fill remaining space with production buildings to complete 30 of each good. I try and get at least one of each up, then adjust from there. Build Huts and/or Houses as needed. They produce very little Deben, so connecting them is not a priority.
  • After all your goods are complete, you can concentrate on Deben coins to finish the last quest.
That's it! Most of the time, I am able to complete the settlement within the Gold chest time frame, but sometimes missing that goal happens based on the luck of the 4x multiplier.

Cheers

~ Squoobie
Do you have one for the Polynesian settlement yet?