• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aid all friends taverns option

NWWolverine

I'm sure this has been discussed but couldn't find it it with search. Can anyone think of a reason Inno shouldn't have added this option when they allowed Aid/motivate all for friends?

Johnny B. Goode

Sure. Because the mechanics of them are different. Ever since they introduced the Aid button, it has given credit to the aiding player even though nothing may have been available to aid, and that mechanic carried over to the Aid All button. Sure, they could do that with a "Sit In All" button, too, but when you think about it that has the potential to shortchange the Tavern owners whose Taverns were full when you used it. Let's say all their friends used their "Sit In All" buttons in the morning, but they hadn't cleared it yet and it was still full. That would mean no one could sit in their Tavern again until the next morning. Now that's an extreme example for sure, but it does point out one sticking point with a "Sit In All" button. And maybe it only takes one sticking point on some things for Inno not to do them.

NWWolverine

Sure. Because the mechanics of them are different. Ever since they introduced the Aid button, it has given credit to the aiding player even though nothing may have been available to aid, and that mechanic carried over to the Aid All button. Sure, they could do that with a "Sit In All" button, too, but when you think about it that has the potential to shortchange the Tavern owners whose Taverns were full when you used it. Let's say all their friends used their "Sit In All" buttons in the morning, but they hadn't cleared it yet and it was still full. That would mean no one could sit in their Tavern again until the next morning. Now that's an extreme example for sure, but it does point out one sticking point with a "Sit In All" button. And maybe it only takes one sticking point on some things for Inno not to do them.
It could be set up so that you would only "sit" in available taverns. Later, when you would check next time in a couple hours, other taverns would be available and you could hit the button again. It doesn't have to be a one time click for the day.

planetofthehumans2

I think there would be more sitting happening, most people don't even sit in taverns in general. I have 100 active people on my fl but I can only manage maybe 25 sits if I clear my tavern. Can't finish the task that asks for 2500 tavern coins that's for sure. So I think it will be a net positive even if some people get booted for not being able to sit just on the convenience factor.

The easier something is to do, the more people will do it. Although there's not really a point after you got all the upgrades unless they update the tavern with QI boosts.

Ebeondi Asi

I think the way to have it done is the tavern button could only be used once a day. Since many taverns are full, more thn enough players would be hitting it several times a day, wasting bandwidth. And I think that is the reason no aid all(open) taverns button has been done.
One other way would be to be ablle to stand in que for tavern.. so beside tee few allowed to si. one would have a que of say up to 40 standing. The the owner could clear. anew set of palyers sit. Owner clears etc.
One additional thing might be auto clearing of tavern after 48 hours. of theowner is not learing it. it gets emptied anyway.
(Though that would thwart snipers gauging when a Player is inactive.. LoL

Emberguard

If you go into your announcements in the message center and click on the link to the vote there'll be a list of suggestions to vote for

One of those is a visit all Friends Taverns. If you want it added to the game, now's the time to vote for it