• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anyone else struggling with getting motivation/polish/ aid after Hallo event ?

Emberguard

Last time , I checked, you can even use the desktop interface in mobile as well.

The game directs you to the app store on mobile devices. iPad doesn’t, but shows a black screen and would require activating the keyboard to access the bottom area (a trick most wouldn’t know about)

Also, if you don't have a desktop, then go buy one. It's much more important and powerful than any smartphone.

Even a basic 150 $ Chromebook, is much more efficient than a 1500$ i-Phone 15 Max

Buying a new device just to play FoE and nothing else is not a viable solution.

People already have whatever device they already have. They’re not going to buy a $150 device (that has historically had compatibility problems with FoE) just to play one FREE game, that they already can access. More specifically you’re expecting players to fork out $150 just to disable Advertisements on one device and still have Ads on their primary device

xivarmy

The reasons that I think they are a waste of space are (1) I have 584K excess population and (2) I have over 500K FPs in my bank. I need neither population nor more FPs. Inno's efficiency has never been relevant to me, I've never struggled with available population. Perhaps, someday, population will become a hurdle. I doubt that day will ever come but, if it does, I will develop a plan to deal with it.
I do think that day is coming that population matters (along with coin production and other strange things that have for too long been simplified as "never going to be a problem"). It'd be rather silly to level an inno tower now though when you could just as easily do it within a few days when the day actually arrives if that's a good solution at the time. I expect it may merely might give a reason to be excited about good population on an event building (like I was when that first became a thing many many years ago) because most event buildings don't have it anymore. Maybe you take on a few buildings that aren't your favorite for other stats because it adds population while your favorite does not.

The FP production of inno has been insufficient for quite some time to justify the work imo - it's "ok" but it takes FP to level so loses out on opportunity-cost if you already have good event buildings to take its place before you plant it.

It's plausible in a population-deprived super-FP-supplied future that running an inno to 150 or something like that might be worthwhile for population - but being as a level 100 inno's population (48,415) is not *that much* better than say 1.7 SAT autumn vineyards (30,642 in an equivalent space) which do so many other things without costing FP to level, I'd wait for the day to arrive before building.

That said, I still haven't deleted mine in my ex-main very old world that built it when it was actually good and unquestionably worth having - thought about it but haven't taken the plunge yet. And the prospect of maybe worrying about population some day probably buys it some more time as it's not *that* bad when you put leveling costs aside.

For now, the corner case: a low age camper who somehow wins a city-full of sparkforge stormspires ($$$) that they cannot support the population for could use a population GB to support them plausibly. The benchmark is much lower for (say) industrial age population density if you have enough good sinks for that population.

Aristarchus1

Yes, the flower maidens are the most tile-efficient spammable population source atm if you only care about population sources. But since your point was caring about red attack primarily, the autumn vineyard still wins, because it actually provides an ok amount of red attack itself - which flower maidens do not.

Autumn Vineyard + 10 stormspires = ~32.5 squares for ~107 red attack boost on average = 3.29% red atk/tile (counting each stormspire as 6.5 attack boost for its average of 1% daunting tower fragments per day as well)

Flower Maidens + 3 stormspires = ~8 squares for ~19.5 red attack boost = 2.44% red atk/tile (and ~1.13% red def/tile)

And if you don't only care about red attack, then I'm not sure why you're obsessed with stormspires :)

Btw, the feta farm comparison = 17 atk / 6 tiles = 2.83% red atk/tile - and it does significantly more FP & Goods and throws in some treasury goods for good measure. Hence why I'm underwhelmed by stormspires in my high age world(s). If I want to stack more red attack, I'd lean to feta farms first.

Cider Garden, which will be reasonable to tile with even just 1 vineyard because you'll steadily accrue apple trees which will accelerate the rate at which you make cider gardens. 9 atk / 4 tiles = 2.25% red atk/tile + 13 / 4 = 3.25% red def/tile. Plus in Titan, 1.5 rogues/day each (and 1.5 light units - which in my testing are usable at low attrition in titan (i have a SAT diamond mine) - not great, but if they're free lol). And would be my target for an OP "easily free" combat-focused city over time. I do intend to have "some" of these myself - how many depending on needs in the space I end up leaving to be flexible.

The building I'm actually planning on anchoring on as my main building in my main (produced via flowering bougainvillea tree) :

Aegean Couple's Resort = 1.7% red atk/tile, 2.2% red def/tile, similar blue stats (less blue atk, more blue def) should the need for that increase (as it seems likely to), and finish special production items which will eventually be channeled at a chain building of some sort (once my city is satisfactorily constructed - until then the tree or another fragment producing building gets them) for a very-high daily FP income.

I only compared population. Did you see red attack efficiency? No.

So, don't bring up the red attack. Besides, I only have an Vibrant Autumn since I don't pay for this game, since September it has only generated 70 out 100 fragments for Granny Tree. Then, I need Granny trees to wait 2-3 months, until I build Cider Garden.

So, your argument is wrong, because you compare someone who doesn't pay for this game (me), with someone who pays to get Cider Gardens (you, obviously).

And the Flowering Bougain tree was impossible to get without spending tons of diamonds.

Aristarchus1

That is your opinion, I provided mine. Also, fewer than 20% of the top 50 players on my main world have Innos. But what do they know?

The reasons that I think they are a waste of space are (1) I have 584K excess population and (2) I have over 500K FPs in my bank. I need neither population nor more FPs. Inno's efficiency has never been relevant to me, I've never struggled with available population. Perhaps, someday, population will become a hurdle. I doubt that day will ever come but, if it does, I will develop a plan to deal with it.
They don't have inno towers because they are too busy filling the city with 3500% attack instead of 3000%, so that their GBG click bots can reach higher attrition. Too boring approach for the game.

Aristarchus1

I do think that day is coming that population matters (along with coin production and other strange things that have for too long been simplified as "never going to be a problem"). It'd be rather silly to level an inno tower now though when you could just as easily do it within a few days when the day actually arrives if that's a good solution at the time. I expect it may merely might give a reason to be excited about good population on an event building (like I was when that first became a thing many many years ago) because most event buildings don't have it anymore. Maybe you take on a few buildings that aren't your favorite for other stats because it adds population while your favorite does not.

The FP production of inno has been insufficient for quite some time to justify the work imo - it's "ok" but it takes FP to level so loses out on opportunity-cost if you already have good event buildings to take its place before you plant it.

It's plausible in a population-deprived super-FP-supplied future that running an inno to 150 or something like that might be worthwhile for population - but being as a level 100 inno's population (48,415) is not *that much* better than say 1.7 SAT autumn vineyards (30,642 in an equivalent space) which do so many other things without costing FP to level, I'd wait for the day to arrive before building.

That said, I still haven't deleted mine in my ex-main very old world that built it when it was actually good and unquestionably worth having - thought about it but haven't taken the plunge yet. And the prospect of maybe worrying about population some day probably buys it some more time as it's not *that* bad when you put leveling costs aside.

For now, the corner case: a low age camper who somehow wins a city-full of sparkforge stormspires ($$$) that they cannot support the population for could use a population GB to support them plausibly. The benchmark is much lower for (say) industrial age population density if you have enough good sinks for that population.

I agree. Inno Tower as a GB is great. That fact that we compare an 8-9 year old Great Building to Vibrant Autumn Vinyard (1 month old), this means that Inno Tower can do its job, if you need some extra population or FP.

Besides, I like the modern aesthetics of Inno Tower. And the vintage aesthetic of Hagia Sophia.
So, I have them both. And they are gonna both give me 80+FP daily, indefinitely, even at level 70

I would argue that Inno Tower is a much more useful GB than Virgo Project, Stargazer, Deal Castle, Observatory or Atomium, which many top players have as well.

I also have Virgo and OBS , but they have minimal impact in my city. I just built them because I thought they could offer something, respectively, a couple of easy GE5 fights and some extra treasury

xivarmy

I only compared population. Did you see red attack efficiency? No.

So, don't bring up the red attack. Besides, I only have an Vibrant Autumn since I don't pay for this game, since September it has only generated 70 out 100 fragments for Granny Tree. Then, I need Granny trees to wait 2-3 months, until I build Cider Garden.

So, your argument is wrong, because you compare someone who doesn't pay for this game (me), with someone who pays to get Cider Gardens (you, obviously).

And the Flowering Bougain tree was impossible to get without spending tons of diamonds.
Population only matters in the context of what you want to use population on. Which in the context of this discussion was stormspires for their red attack. If you don't want to use population on anything, then it has no value. So population alone can only be evaluated based on what the uses for that population are.

P.S. I'm free to play. I've considered paying for an event pass before at one point. But I'm more pessimistic about the game's future right now, so it's increasingly unlikely. My diamonds come from in-game sources which I use on select events I feel I want extras from. Which didn't include Fall Event. When I said 1 vineyard can make a large number of cider gardens, I meant it (and I'll have 2 vineyards before long without having spent a single diamond on fall event because it was quite viable to finish in Silver like that and get a lv1 grape stompin festival along with almost 2 vineyards).

Proliferation table from 1 Vibrant Vineyard (no blue galaxy):

Days​
Shrooms/Apple Trees​
Cider/Pumpkins​
0​
0​
0​
34​
0​
0​
67​
1​
0​
100​
1​
1​
134​
2​
2​
167​
2​
4​
200​
3​
6​
234​
3​
9​
267​
4​
12​
300​
4​
16​
334​
5​
20​
367​
5​
25​
400​
6​
30​
434​
6​
36​
467​
7​
42​
500​
7​
49​
534​
8​
56​
567​
8​
64​
600​
9​
72​
634​
9​
81​
667​
10​
90​
700​
10​
100​
734​
11​
110​

In 1 year you can have ~25 of each cider garden and jumpin pumpkin from *1* vineyard. Without accelerating things with blue galaxy or finishes or anything like that. In 2 years it's up to ~110 of each to give an idea of just how much things accelerate!

I agree. Inno Tower as a GB is great. That fact that we compare an 8-9 year old Great Building to Vibrant Autumn Vinyard (1 month old), this means that Inno Tower can do its job, if you need some extra population or FP.

Besides, I like the modern aesthetics of Inno Tower. And the vintage aesthetic of Hagia Sophia.
So, I have them both. And they are gonna both give me 80+FP daily, indefinitely, even at level 70

I would argue that Inno Tower is a much more useful GB than Virgo Project, Stargazer, Deal Castle, Observatory or Atomium, which many top players have as well.

I also have Virgo and OBS , but they have minimal impact in my city. I just built them because I thought they could offer something, respectively, a couple of easy GE5 fights and some extra treasury

And again, you twist my words. I did not say inno tower was great. I said it *used to be* great. And could plausibly be useful in the future. I would not build a new one now (my current main, which is a few years old itself, does not have one - I already considered it not worth the cost at that point - which was more controversial at the time - some people still considered it a must-have then. many of those people have since deleted already-leveled ones :p)

Pericles the Lion

They don't have inno towers because they are too busy filling the city with 3500% attack instead of 3000%, so that their GBG click bots can reach higher attrition. Too boring approach for the game.
I would argue that they don't have Inno towers because the understand the difference between "efficiency" and "effectiveness". Having the most efficient building (or 2nd most or 3rd most, whatever Inno is) is totally useless if what it produces is of no value. You have a level 77 that produces 48K population (that you do not need) together with 46 FPs (that you may or may not need). All on 36 squares. You would be better off with a level 23 Pegasus that would give you the same number of FPs together with 115% blue boosts. All on 20 fewer squares. You seem front-sight focused on efficiency and are ignoring effectiveness.

Pericles the Lion

Join a top ranked D1000 guild and you will understand why top players have an OBS. A few might have Atomium, not many. A I Core and Hydra are both better for producing treasury goods.

Pericles the Lion

Question for the leaders , how do I find out who owns a particular GB from the Admin list please ?
If your question is "Does PlayerX have an OBS?" the answer can be found in the ranking menu under "Great Buildings". Enter the player name in the search bar. If your question is "How many guildmates have OBS?" I think that your only option is to use the add-on that we've discussed before (or check out their GBs individually). I don't know if Admin has special bennies.

Ebeondi Asi

Buying a new device just to play FoE and nothing else is not a viable solution.

People already have whatever device they already have. They’re not going to buy a $150 device
I bought a $1000 gaming laptop a month after I started playing Foe, just to play Foe. Then a year later two new Alienware laptops (one for the bedroom, one for the living room) , just to play Foe. But i did get $1000 off the $3500 one and $700 off the $3000 one. I'm drooling over the thought of a 18" screen laptop. But I really do not need it LoL
You might assume I'm wealthy, that is not the case. I just am not afraid to spend money on what I really enjoy.

Way overkill.. :p
:p:p:p:p:p

Last edited:

Emberguard

I bought a $1000 gaming laptop a month after I started playing Foe, just to play Foe. Then a year later two new Alienware laptops (one for the bedroom, one for the living room) , just to play Foe. But i did get $1000 off the $3500 one and $700 off the $3000 one. I'm drooling over the thought of a 18" screen laptop. But I really do not need it LoL
You might assume I'm wealthy, that is not the case. I just am not afraid to spend money on what I really enjoy.

ok, but were you a mobile or computer user prior to that?

Ebeondi Asi

ok, but were you a mobile or computer user prior to that?
PC. a cheap $300 laptop. (I never played any games online before Forge of Empires) I did try out an Android Sim program to play the mobile version on PC to play Foe. IT worked fine. but I like the regular PC version better than the Android version.

(PS the android version is full screen same as PC version when played on a PC.

Aristarchus1

Population only matters in the context of what you want to use population on. Which in the context of this discussion was stormspires for their red attack. If you don't want to use population on anything, then it has no value. So population alone can only be evaluated based on what the uses for that population are.

P.S. I'm free to play. I've considered paying for an event pass before at one point. But I'm more pessimistic about the game's future right now, so it's increasingly unlikely. My diamonds come from in-game sources which I use on select events I feel I want extras from. Which didn't include Fall Event. When I said 1 vineyard can make a large number of cider gardens, I meant it (and I'll have 2 vineyards before long without having spent a single diamond on fall event because it was quite viable to finish in Silver like that and get a lv1 grape stompin festival along with almost 2 vineyards).

Proliferation table from 1 Vibrant Vineyard (no blue galaxy):

Days​
Shrooms/Apple Trees​
Cider/Pumpkins​
0​
0​
0​
34​
0​
0​
67​
1​
0​
100​
1​
1​
134​
2​
2​
167​
2​
4​
200​
3​
6​
234​
3​
9​
267​
4​
12​
300​
4​
16​
334​
5​
20​
367​
5​
25​
400​
6​
30​
434​
6​
36​
467​
7​
42​
500​
7​
49​
534​
8​
56​
567​
8​
64​
600​
9​
72​
634​
9​
81​
667​
10​
90​
700​
10​
100​
734​
11​
110​

In 1 year you can have ~25 of each cider garden and jumpin pumpkin from *1* vineyard. Without accelerating things with blue galaxy or finishes or anything like that. In 2 years it's up to ~110 of each to give an idea of just how much things accelerate!

And again, you twist my words. I did not say inno tower was great. I said it *used to be* great. And could plausibly be useful in the future. I would not build a new one now (my current main, which is a few years old itself, does not have one - I already considered it not worth the cost at that point - which was more controversial at the time - some people still considered it a must-have then. many of those people have since deleted already-leveled ones :p)

Cool, table. That shows that the most important thing is the future will be real estate in the game. The space is limited so we cannot expand. We got to make choices and ditch many buildings

Inno lately started 'exponential growth' and obviously this is good for newer players but for the old-timers it's harder to catch up because they are emotionally invested in those old buildings.

In our server, there are several players with 1+ billion points, who still have Cherry garden sets, long trains or long Hippodromes or Botanical rotundas/Checkmate squares, but these are totally trash compared to the newest buildings out there. but they don't don't even bother to update their city.

Aristarchus1

I would argue that they don't have Inno towers because the understand the difference between "efficiency" and "effectiveness". Having the most efficient building (or 2nd most or 3rd most, whatever Inno is) is totally useless if what it produces is of no value. You have a level 77 that produces 48K population (that you do not need) together with 46 FPs (that you may or may not need). All on 36 squares. You would be better off with a level 23 Pegasus that would give you the same number of FPs together with 115% blue boosts. All on 20 fewer squares. You seem front-sight focused on efficiency and are ignoring effectiveness.

Beside population, it's not totally useless. It gives 60 FP at level 100, same as CDM or Hagia.

That's more than 1.5 FP fp per square, so not bad at at all. That's 3 times better than Shrine of Knowledge lvl 2 which also need roads.

After 1 year of debt / investment to level it, (20K-30K ) then Inno Tower starts to give FP forever.

I also have a Pegasus level 23+.

If there will be tons on FOE buildings with more than 3 FP per square in the future, then I might consider deleting my Hagia or Inno Tower.

But I don't think this time will come anytime soon. Even until now, everything at 1 FP per square is considered very decent

Aristarchus1

FOE's graphics can probably even be rendered with a NVidia RIVA TNT 2 graphics card from 1998.

I used to play Age of Empires back then. Some Stronghold, sim city 2 , civ 3, starcraft 2, riven/myst, alpha centauri and total war as well

FOE's graphics are not extremely better than Age of Empires. So, I am almost sure that '25-year old ' graphic cards can run FOE smoothly !!

Aristarchus1

Notice that I have no population buildings and all production runs are done with Pumpkins now. Our guild has 2 Innovation towers out of 62 members and both are below TE.

View attachment 20955

Bro, of course you don't have any population problems,
since you paid your way to get
so many Sunhavens , Buch Bays, Conjunction towers, Panda Reserves, Viceroys, Aegeans and Vibrant Autumns.

But I was talking from the perspective of FTP players (free to play), who don't spend on this like you did. For them, Inno tower is very useful.

Sharmon the Impaler

so many Sunhavens , Buch Bays, Conjunction towers, Panda Reserves, Viceroys, Aegeans and Vibrant Autumns.

But I was talking from the perspective of FTP players (free to play), who don't spend on this like you did. For them, Inno tower is very useful.
Except bro , Sunhavens , Phantoms , Bucc bays and Aegeans don't give any population, Inno chews up your happiness and most do not have one that I know of

Pericles the Lion

I'm F2P and have never built an Innovation Tower (or a CC for that matter). As far as it being useful, the best indicator that I have of its popularity is the number of blueprints that I have. I am completely unbiased when I invest in 1.9 threads and I invest over 40K FP daily. As you can see, I am off the scale with Arc prints. Inno is about as popular as the Rain Forest Project. You think that it is useful, clearly others do. But, not as many as you'd like to think.

1699749762542.png
1699749817621.png
1699749963400.png