• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Quantum Incursions

spnnr

Good Day,
Its interesting how the AI has changed for the opposing army - as I believe they usually go after wounded /easiest to hit troops first (except in Continent/Campaign Map) -though that might have changed long ago since I mainly auto battle. In manual battling I have found they would bypass wounded units and go after Ballistas (in my 6 Ballista+ 2 heavy) unless they cant reach em. Even given the option of an undamaged unit versus a damaged unit they go after undamaged unit (both warriors) as they seem to want to get to my side of the field.

Not sure if its just random -as I have only 83 fights so far or I been dreaming the whole thing..

Pericles the Lion

Good Day,
Its interesting how the AI has changed for the opposing army - as I believe they usually go after wounded /easiest to hit troops first (except in Continent/Campaign Map) -though that might have changed long ago since I mainly auto battle. In manual battling I have found they would bypass wounded units and go after Ballistas (in my 6 Ballista+ 2 heavy) unless they cant reach em. Even given the option of an undamaged unit versus a damaged unit they go after undamaged unit (both warriors) as they seem to want to get to my side of the field.

Not sure if its just random -as I have only 83 fights so far or I been dreaming the whole thing..
I don't use Heavy units. Instead I either use 8 Ballistas or 6 Ballistas with 2 Archers. With these set-ups, injured units get targeted first unless they are out of the enemy's range in which case another unit will get hit. Afaik, this is how it's always been. Maybe the AI is "smart" enough to avoid hitting melee units because they retaliate where as arty and ranged cannot.

spnnr

I don't use Heavy units. Instead I either use 8 Ballistas or 6 Ballistas with 2 Archers. With these set-ups, injured units get targeted first unless they are out of the enemy's range in which case another unit will get hit. Afaik, this is how it's always been. Maybe the AI is "smart" enough to avoid hitting melee units because they retaliate where as arty and ranged cannot.
Appreciate the feedback - I was taken aback when one enemy troop chose to hit a full health warrior compared to an injured one (which was nearer) seems the enemies horsemen also target ballistas rather than closer or injured troops ..

I am noticing in this 4th incursion that almost none of the nodes I've seen so far have artillery as one of the preferred units. I think they saw that lots of people were choosing ballistae as one of their units because they are the best units, so they wanted to put a stop to that. Of course, that would be typical of the developers. When players find something that works, they have to find a way to stop it. I thought guilds were not performing very well in QI. If so, why nerf one of the few things that was working?

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

I am noticing in this 4th incursion that almost none of the nodes I've seen so far have artillery as one of the preferred units. I think they saw that lots of people were choosing ballistae as one of their units because they are the best units, so they wanted to put a stop to that. Of course, that would be typical of the developers. When players find something that works, they have to find a way to stop it. I thought guilds were not performing very well in QI. If so, why nerf one of the few things that was working?
The new update was just implemented and we can now see what the coming nodes will give the 2X on. On one of my worlds we are at the beginning of level 5. The entire level has 14 nodes that involve fighting. The breakdown of 2X unit bonus is as follows:

Fast (5) Light (5) Ranged (7) Heavy (6) Arty (5)

Seems balanced to me.

One bit of feedback on QI that occurs to me is that simply moving from one node to another should not cost Quantum Action points. This is especially true in the case of the side nodes where you have to pay 2000 actions to get to them and another 2000 to get back and you are still no closer to the end of the level. The encounters themselves use enough Quantum Action points to limit progress without gratuitously taking away Quantum Action points just for moving to the next node.

It seems random enough to me, maybe my "luck" factor has been better than usual; will c as time goes by.
I am guessing that the least popular unit types are fast and light. At least one of them has been a preferred unit type on every node for the first three difficulty levels. The most popular is easily artillery, and it has been a preferred unit less than any other. Nothing in FoE is a coincidence or "luck". Whenever it looks like manipulation by the developers, you can always rest assured that it is.