• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Adjustments to Consumable Item Boost Limits

Johnny B. Goode

I sell my coin/supply boosts to the AD, so that won't affect me at all. I didn't even think they worked on event buildings, that's how little I've used them. LOL
And I almost never bother with the military boost bottles, either. I sell the 30% and below ones to the AD, and the 100% and above ones just sit in inventory, piling up higher and higher.

--E--

Just so I understand - you advertise buildings in events with certain bonuses and characteristics, players spend real life money on said buildings, then you limit the bonuses of the buildings players effectively purchased....and your reasoning is fairness? It was fairly obvious the decision makers at Inno were clueless once QI was released, but I was naive to think it might get better. I used 15 coin boosts everyday - I have been for well over a year. What's next - are you going to take away all of our attack boosts on the new event buildings as well because you realized you made a mistake and need to make the adjustment for "fairness"? This sets a very dangerous precedent.

--E--

PS - There's no way this is for fairness, that is an absurd excuse. I'd guess some players are using a ton of these boosts and it is causing some kind of performance issue when trying to apply boosts that result in a really high coin amount. Rather than rewriting their computations/algorithms/code, or adding resources, it is just easier and cheaper to take this away from players. With thousands of games available, it is rather foolish to sit here and complain when there are other options available. Good luck with your infringements.

Ebeondi Asi

All the limits to 100% Coin Boost bottles did for me was make me start to switch around some previously desirable buildings for better ones as i get them' A bit annoying for me but not as terrible as for newer players. I already have over a Trillion Coins on one World,Nearly a trillion on a second and over 800 Billion on the third. (and all three include my having spent billions to make Forge Points. Up to about 5.5 Million Coins per Forge Point LoL)
Sadly new players will now never see values like that no matter how hard they try for years.

And yes I was also one of the players ""abusing?"" the 100% boost bottles..
My first taste of the rewards of Coin boost was on entering Titan when it opened, I used 27 to 37 Finish All Special Production bottles. and added in 400x100% Coin boost. !!! The Coin boost broke the Collect all, had to collect manually, but no problem since I was able to use all the Forge Points in the Research as I went along.
The results for Coins was astonishing to me. I gained between 350 billion to 500 Billion Coins in my Cities in one shot. That made me get the desire to reach one Trillion Coins saved.
Sadly no one will be able to do that anymore.
It was a fortuitous decision in hindsight.

Last edited:

Flynn013

Where are you getting unlimited 100% coin boost bottles? I have 679 in my inventory and have used maybe 20 since I started playing 3 years ago.

Dursland

Where are you getting unlimited 100% coin boost bottles? I have 679 in my inventory and have used maybe 20 since I started playing 3 years ago.
The limit was only recently implemented. Before it was possible stack unlimited coin boosts.

Same with attacker's defense potions.

They had to implement the coin limit because it broke the game. If your total collection was over X amount, you couldn't use auto collect and it would crash. Additionally if any individual building produced over around 2.2 billion coins then you couldn't collect it at all and had to wait for the boosts to wear off.

Not sure the logic behind limiting attacker's defense. It was a nice way to get a few extra attrition points and wasn't gamebreaking.

Flynn013

My question was where are the 100% coin boosts coming from? You need to have them in your inventory in order to use them.

Sharmon the Impaler

An unneeded nerf IMO. Stacking up Red D boosts lets a player hit higher trit in GBG but the gains are not gamebreakers.
The biggest drawback to what Inno is doing is that they are shoehorning everyone into playing in a specific way. No more strategy of saving up because it's useless to do so now. Same with any save up boosts. You have to play one part of the game to play another part now. GVG dumped , GBG now must be played in a specific way or no championship for you or your guild ever , the "rewards are most expiring garbage in this event and only usable in specific areas so zero strategy to use there either. Making buildings obsolete 6 months later trying to change us into mindless clicking idiots , consumming their putrid dish and thanking them for it. Inno is just an abyssimal game designer or intent on ruining the game.
My question was where are the 100% coin boosts coming from? You need to have them in your inventory in order to use them.
Sacred Archdruid and Bucc Bays makes 1 per day for starters , there are a few other places to get them. I had 3700 3 days ago

Ebeondi Asi

The Event building Buccaneer's Bay made one per day. The Buccaneers Bay and base building Trading Post fragments came from the Cartographer.

I had 27 to 30 Buccaneer bay and Archdruid in each City. And used them everyday. Now I am dropping some Buccs and all Cartographers since the main real reason to have them was to get the piles of 100% Coin Boost and use them every day.
I realize a lot of players got them and never used them. Jeez.. throwing away free Coins? Now with the 10 Coin boost limit I can replace some of the Buccs as I find better buildings.Dropping them down to ten total. I was getting kind of stuck placing stuff in my Cities, but now opening up again. Turning the bad into good for me.

Last edited:

--E--

The biggest drawback to what Inno is doing is that they are shoehorning everyone into playing in a specific way. No more strategy of saving up because it's useless to do so now. Same with any save up boosts. You have to play one part of the game to play another part now. GVG dumped , GBG now must be played in a specific way or no championship for you or your guild ever , the "rewards are most expiring garbage in this event and only usable in specific areas so zero strategy to use there either. Making buildings obsolete 6 months later trying to change us into mindless clicking idiots , consumming their putrid dish and thanking them for it. Inno is just an abyssimal game designer or intent on ruining the game.

Sacred Archdruid and Bucc Bays makes 1 per day for starters , there are a few other places to get them. I had 3700 3 days ago
I could understand if the limit was 20-30, but many people have more than 10 buildings that produce a 100% coin boost everyday. Those are/were event buildings, so they are effectively limiting the value of event buildings we obtained to 70-90% of the value of the building (yes I know this value varies by player). So what happens if attack boosts start to have a performance issue if they get really high or some other issue happens, and then Inno decides to cut the attack and defense stats for event buildings as part of an effort to "balance the game". I won't keep belaboring the point, but this should be concerning regardless if players use the coin boosts now or not. It's coins today, but who knows what it could be next.

Johnny B. Goode

There are buildings that give them out. I have over 100 of them in all my active cities and more coming in daily. They have been steadily going to the AD, but I have one city that produces 7 of them daily and I only have 7 slots in the AD for selling items, so unless even if that's all I sell I will never run out of them.

xivarmy

There are buildings that give them out. I have over 100 of them in all my active cities and more coming in daily. They have been steadily going to the AD, but I have one city that produces 7 of them daily and I only have 7 slots in the AD for selling items, so unless even if that's all I sell I will never run out of them.
You can use shorter cycles to sell them and make more room. Assuming the beta antique dealer changes come through you may have interest in moving more items a day through to have coins to buy the big shinies.

PJS299

You can use shorter cycles to sell them and make more room. Assuming the beta antique dealer changes come through you may have interest in moving more items a day through to have coins to buy the big shinies.
Any word on that? Seems like it's been a while.