• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Offerings from the Antiques Dealer

Darkest.Knight

It does seem as though they toned back the offerings from the Antiques Dealer, it's been a very long time since I've bid on anything. They seemed to have stopped releasing the new, better quality buildings for bidding, oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Angry.Blanket

It does seem as though they toned back the offerings from the Antiques Dealer, it's been a very long time since I've bid on anything. They seemed to have stopped releasing the new, better quality buildings for bidding, oh well, it was nice while it lasted.
Or people quit selling the better stuff. I wont sell anything now because of the golden upgrades.

Frostblade

Most if not all of the items offered are just space wasters, I don't even bother to open AD.
My inventory is slim but more worth that any of the items I can buy so I also don't sell anything and won't be selling until my inventory becomes so big I won't care.

Orius Maximus

If you stay on top of events, most of the stuff in the AD will be outdated, but good stuff comes up occasionally. More casual players I think can still benefit from it if they aren't competitive in events. It just takes a while to collect the good stuff.

Johnny B. Goode

The only things I buy from the AD are:
A) Wishing Wells or fragments thereof.
B) BPs
C) Reno/One Up Kits
That's it, folks. Not buying upgrades of most previous event buildings at this point. If I didn't feel that it was worth it when it was new, I'm sure not going to waste the effort and resources to pursue it simply because there's a "golden upgrade" available now.

honey55

The only things I buy from the AD are:
A) Wishing Wells or fragments thereof.
B) BPs
C) Reno/One Up Kits
That's it, folks. Not buying upgrades of most previous event buildings at this point. If I didn't feel that it was worth it when it was new, I'm sure not going to waste the effort and resources to pursue it simply because there's a "golden upgrade" available now.
The golden upgrade sometimes changes a building that lives in my inventory to one that lives in my city. It makes the building worth persuing... as long as tou have the golden upgrade that is. Sounds like your city is a diamond farm. I don't use wishing wells in my main city and i didnt need bps until i reached Titan.

Johnny B. Goode

The golden upgrade sometimes changes a building that lives in my inventory to one that lives in my city. It makes the building worth persuing... as long as tou have the golden upgrade that is. Sounds like your city is a diamond farm. I don't use wishing wells in my main city and i didnt need bps until i reached Titan.
I'm talking about going after a previous-event building by way of the AD, that's what the thread is about, not using one in my inventory. I don't keep buildings in my inventory for the most part. If they're worth building, I make room for them. And if you have the building in your inventory, then the AD has nothing to do with it. Incidentally, I have multiple cities and about half of them are Diamond farms. However, the ones that aren't still can, and do, contribute Diamonds on occasion through Wishing Wells. And since all but one of the non-Diamond farms are below ME, the Wishing Wells provide current era goods that can't be plundered.

honey55

I'm talking about going after a previous-event building by way of the AD, that's what the thread is about, not using one in my inventory. I don't keep buildings in my inventory for the most part. If they're worth building, I make room for them. And if you have the building in your inventory, then the AD has nothing to do with it. Incidentally, I have multiple cities and about half of them are Diamond farms. However, the ones that aren't still can, and do, contribute Diamonds on occasion through Wishing Wells. And since all but one of the non-Diamond farms are below ME, the Wishing Wells provide current era goods that can't be plundered.
I still think some are worth pursuing if you have the golden upgrade. When i said pursuing in my post i meant by getting the upgrades from the antique dealer so i thought i was on topic

Azured

If you stay on top of events, most of the stuff in the AD will be outdated, but good stuff comes up occasionally. More casual players I think can still benefit from it if they aren't competitive in events. It just takes a while to collect the good stuff.
I don't know about this. Even with good stuff in the antiques, for casual players it would be hard for them to outbid hardcore players.

Orius Maximus

The gold upgrades so far have been mostly given to buildings from the last year or two. The Governor's Villa is the only exception I can think of off hand. So I'm not going to bother stockpiling older stuff. In fact, I've been cleaning out extra pieces to reduce inventory clutter.

Darkest.Knight

At this point, my primary, hasn't found an item to bid in at 6 mo., my fresh one has options all the time but my town is too fresh to have accumulated enough coin to bid on anything. I do check daily to c if something is offered to purchase w/o any bidding, today I bought a Store It kit. If I'm lucky I may get 2 useful items offered/wk.