• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Quantum Happiness Question

Shayol

Wonder if anyone else has seen this (city in Korsh if that matters).
Built a Triumphal Arch in my QI city (yeah-600+ Happiness),
Added a Aquaduct the next day, should have added additional happiness (225 Happiness), but made the Happiness lower.
Added a 2nd Aquaduct and my total Happiness with the Tr Arch and 2 Aquaducts was 225 Happiness! Production went to 40% with Arch and 2 Aquaducts!

Deleted my 2nd Aquaduct and my Happiness went to 450.
I thought "Decorations" were suppose to add Happiness, but they are subtracting from the Happiness the Arch provides. Is this how decorations are suppose to work? Before I deleted the 2nd Aquaduct, when in QI battles I was getting the 20% bonus, just not the happiness. Is this by design, a bug? I did try to search other forum posts for an answer but found nothing. Appreciate Any Help. Shay

Sharmon the Impaler

Wonder if anyone else has seen this (city in Korsh if that matters).
Built a Triumphal Arch in my QI city (yeah-600+ Happiness),
Added a Aquaduct the next day, should have added additional happiness (225 Happiness), but made the Happiness lower.
Added a 2nd Aquaduct and my total Happiness with the Tr Arch and 2 Aquaducts was 225 Happiness! Production went to 40% with Arch and 2 Aquaducts!

Deleted my 2nd Aquaduct and my Happiness went to 450.
I thought "Decorations" were suppose to add Happiness, but they are subtracting from the Happiness the Arch provides. Is this how decorations are suppose to work? Before I deleted the 2nd Aquaduct, when in QI battles I was getting the 20% bonus, just not the happiness. Is this by design, a bug? I did try to search other forum posts for an answer but found nothing. Appreciate Any Help. Shay
Happiness is under COST on the Arch. It is counted as expected.

Shayol

Thanks so much the the explanations of what is happening in my city and with Inno "Programmers". After reading your comments and checking, I see Cultural Buildings have a "+" before the Happiness Value whereas the decorations don't (would be nice if they put a "-" instead of nothing).

Thanks so much Sharmon and Ebeondi, I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post.

Dominator - X

I oft wonder why INNO does stuff like this. If you want to build an Elfie's Cream and Nog shop in your main city, it shows in the properties the Happiness icon with the number in red and a (-) sign to clearly show that it will reduce happiness. In QI, they just move the icon to the cost box and do not use the (-) sign and the number is not red, so it looks like a positive for euphoria. Most do not figure it out until they already paid for the decoration and waited for it it to finish building.

Sharmon the Impaler

I oft wonder why INNO does stuff like this. If you want to build an Elfie's Cream and Nog shop in your main city, it shows in the properties the Happiness icon with the number in red and a (-) sign to clearly show that it will reduce happiness. In QI, they just move the icon to the cost box and do not use the (-) sign and the number is not red, so it looks like a positive for euphoria. Most do not figure it out until they already paid for the decoration and waited for it it to finish building.
Therein lies your own answer.