• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Titan Feedback

honey55

I think they made these changes to slow down the farmers. Players are getting more resources than INNO intended and not spending as much on the game.
It's all about keeping the profit margin they want.
If there goal is to slow down the gbg farmers, they won't succeed in this. I have found that normally there are some quite lower age players that are the best at farming gbg. They can go higher in attrition than most even Jupiter players. Now, with the new GBs, they will even be able to do better, and many will get them. One has in our guild already. The thing is that he probably did spend money in the process, but I don't know that for sure. Also, the new 200 and 300 boost benefit those with lower boosts more than they do with those with 2000 to 3000, so again making it better for lower age players to farm than Titan.

However, that said, I do wonder if they didn't do this in order to try to get the highest level players to spend money on the game. After all, they didn't really need anything. Most had cities full of perfectly good buildings that met their needs. The game created a need for blue boosts, and now for extremely high red boosts. In order to cut the time down, perhaps many will buy what they need to make Titan GBG enjoyable again. However, I think it is wrong to make moving up in ages, worse. There should be something that makes it worth moving up. I thought maybe the new GBs were worth moving up for, but really to me they aren't. Besides you really can get them at lower ages if you're willing to spend the fps. I didn't really need the new gbs in Jupiter. I was happy with the progress I was making in GE5 and how high attrition I could go in GBG. I had mixed feelings about moving up, but felt it helped my guild more for me to move up because of providing goods to the guild treasury for gbg and also, helping other Titan players by exchanging goods.

I read that someone felt that we were all warned and shouldn't have moved up if we weren't willing to take the nerf. However, there is more involved in the decision to move up than just oneself. As already mentioned, it sometimes helps the guild. But, also, one must realize that at least for me, I have been reading the Beta forum for quite awhile. And sometimes I have felt really down about the game after reading some of the comments, only to find when it came live, that it many times wasn't true for me. Everything they said about GBG is not true for me. I read that one would lose 30 attrition. However, I still can go to 100. I may have occasionally gone 115, so at most I lost 15. I may be able to go higher than 100 sometimes even now. However, I am changing units alot. And even though there are a few here that think it is great and challenging, that is not the sentiment of those in my guild. One said it was exhausting changing units. Another said he could do a third less fights and another said half the fights. Not everyone comes to the forum to comment. I have not read one word of praise in my guild for the new units, but the opposite.

Jackshat

Fwiw, whether or not Inno has intentionally nerfed SAT units to either slow down farming syndicates, or try to squeeze more money from us to increase steroidal boosting, could it be that developers don't truly realize base unit attributes like attack range, movement range, contact, hidden, blast, absorb, etc. create more of a tactical advantage/disadvantage between dissimilar aged troops than an increase in base attacker boosts with higher age troops?

Observe 8 SAJM Gliders and 8 SAT Drones on 1st move. Consistently all 8 Gliders are laying lead (or lazers) on their 1st round movement with their greater attack range, but 150 lower base defense, but 50 higher base attack. The Drones, however, are consistently whacking only 6 to 7 units on first round with their shorter attack range, but 150 higher defense, and are close enough for even heavy units to not get bogged down on terrain on their first move to pop 'em! That +150 higher defense for the Drone may seem nice, but tactically it's inferior to SAJM Gliders, because the gliders are getting 1 to 2 more hits with their +2 range--I'll take the +2 attack range over the +150 defense boost, please! And, with 40% Keen Eye...

Then, there's 8 SAJM Harpoons vs 8 SAT Pressure Washers. Not much to say here. The Pressure Washers are +50/+100 att/def over the Harpoons. But, while Harpoons, a very wise autoattack, ranged unit, with CONTACT ability, avoids close combat unless needing to hit units using HIDDEN ability, the Pressurizers and their +10 BLAST will incomprehensibly move right next to an enemy unit, if in movement range (hidden or not), and attack--getting hit back! We'd NEVER do that, but the AI clearly is trying to squeeze out as many +10s it can by getting into melee range, where a ranged unit DOESN'T belong. It's tactically stupid given the cumulative +10s don't provide a 1 shot-1 kill opportunity, and they're gonna take damage where the already deadly Harpoons keep maneuvering to "stick and move".

Those are the only 2 unit types I compared simply because those are the units we typically used in SAJM. So, a money grab by Inno? An attempt to slow GBG farming? Or, developers not understanding, in my opinion, tactical attributes of units play a vital role in determining success with dissimilar units...like ranged units getting multiple hits on slow, heavy units. It takes a lot of boost for SAJM heavies to survive long enough to get into range to maybe get one shot at SAJM ranged, so the extra boosts against a ranged unit are essentially NULLIFIED.

I'll give Inno the benefit of my doubts that they likely believed their SAT net attacker's boost increases had more impact than their tactical differences against like SAJM units.

I'll take the tactical superiority of SAJM Harpoons and Gliders over the boost superiority of Pressure Washers and Drones...

Last edited:

Coach Zuck

The only age having to change units constantly is Titan. The lower age players are beating Titan age players. I expected it to be less attrition, just not having to change units continually at very low attrition. The player with the most fights still has the most fights. He's not in Titan. I'm lucky to be in the top dozen since I not available to fight all day. Of course now I lucky to be in the top 30 and it takes alot of time to do it and it isn't fun changing troops. The only challenge i can see is getting my boosts to 4000 and that could take years. If inno wants balance, they need to make it the same for the lower ages as well.

I am sure i don't understand wanting a challenge of using the correct units in gbg. Gbg is not geared fit swapping out units based on so you're up against. The only thing that matters us how fast you can fight and how high attrition you can go
dont bother getting to 4000%, there's a guy on beta with 7000% attack mentioning that he even has to rotate betweem fights at 0 attrition

Ebeondi Asi

dont bother getting to 4000%, there's a guy on beta with 7000% attack mentioning that he even has to rotate betweem fights at 0 attrition
Ahhh I plan on finding out for myself. Secondhand accounts do not make me a believer :cool:
Players should work out their own needs, not depend on stories to decide for them. Though it here are ideas and suggestions, worth thinking about them, "Do they fit my own goals and needs and how I play" .. Then I may use some parts of ideas. .

Last edited:

honey55

Ahhh I plan on finding out for myself. Secondhand accounts do not make me a believer :cool:
Players should work out their own needs, not depend on stories to decide for them. Though it here are ideas and siffestions, woth thinking about them, "Do they fit my own goals and needs and how I play" .. Then I may use dome parts of ideas. .
My red boosts are 2444/2223. So first hand i know that's not enough. It doesn't go up very fast. So white i wait a year to get enough boosts from event buildings to make a difference IF it actually makes a difference, i could still take a break. I certainly wouldnt put money into getting higher boosts even if i was a paying player since there's no guarantee they'll make it fun again.

xivarmy

My red boosts are 2444/2223. So first hand i know that's not enough. It doesn't go up very fast. So white i wait a year to get enough boosts from event buildings to make a difference IF it actually makes a difference, i could still take a break. I certainly wouldnt put money into getting higher boosts even if i was a paying player since there's no guarantee they'll make it fun again.
At attrition 0, more boost is not going to make a difference to you. You're already at minimum damage taken from a hit (well past attrition 0).

You can get to the point where a non-crit is a (reliable) OHK at attrition 0 still... but that can't extend very high in attrition.

Perhaps your best addition for low-attrition combat is more AO levels as AO crit = OHK can extend much much higher than natural OHK (and can work against lights with their force field (to some extent), where natural never can).

honey55

At attrition 0, more boost is not going to make a difference to you. You're already at minimum damage taken from a hit (well past attrition 0).

You can get to the point where a non-crit is a (reliable) OHK at attrition 0 still... but that can't extend very high in attrition.

Perhaps your best addition for low-attrition combat is more AO levels as AO crit = OHK can extend much much higher than natural OHK (and can work against lights with their force field (to some extent), where natural never can).
I thought i read that AO doesnt help in Titan. Mine is level 132. How high are you talking about

PJS299

I think I'll probably not do as much gbg. It just isn't fun. Maybe I'll just do events for awhile and take breaks between events. Gbg is ruined for me. Swiping units so often is a chore.
Now try being in Indy with 500/400 a/d still getting way over 1000 fights. I swap every 3 battles or so. I like helping my guild. We're not one of the guilds that the top 5 compete for all the battles. We all get in however many battles we want. Cataclysm on H world if you want to check it out...

honey55

Now try being in Indy with 500/400 a/d still getting way over 1000 fights. I swap every 3 battles or so. I like helping my guild. We're not one of the guilds that the top 5 compete for all the battles. We all get in however many battles we want. Cataclysm on H world if you want to check it out...
My city turned into a diamond farm is on h, but i am in my own one person guild and don't enjoy gbg there because I've devoted lots of space to WWs and FoY. I don't need to help my guild very often in my main world. We are now very good in gbg and most seasons have very little competition. We're wishing other guilds would actually wake up. Its really boring and not doing gbg helps others get more fights. I help if I'm on when they put out a call for help

honey55

I'm pretty excited cause I was able to complete all but the last 2 in GE5 by fighting. I had to do 2 manually, and it took quite a few tries to win 78 but I finally got it. I used the video on Beta showing what units to use and watched the battles. I did end up adding 400 blue boosts and bought one fortification on battle 78, but I'm happy enough with that. It didn't cost much Titan goods, mainly Jupiter. Does anyone know how many goods it costs to negotiate the last 2 in GE5. I'm really not sure I will be able to win 79 for a long time. Even the poster had a hard time with that one. I really would like to be able to finish level 5.

honey55

I managed to win all of ge5 this week but i used up my blue boosts so i guess it won't be happiningn again anytime soon. I can't think if a way to raise myblue boosts quickly. Where did the temporary blue boosts come from besides the AD and events. Is there a way to get more. I dont think any buildings that i have produce them

xivarmy

I managed to win all of ge5 this week but i used up my blue boosts so i guess it won't be happiningn again anytime soon. I can't think if a way to raise myblue boosts quickly. Where did the temporary blue boosts come from besides the AD and events. Is there a way to get more. I dont think any buildings that i have produce them
Events was the big one - particularly the anniversary event. The upcoming soccer event could be a big refill of them.

Jackshat

7000% attack at 0 attack penalty but has to rotate between fights? Perhaps that player is trying to apply old set-ups against new units requiring a totally different setup? For example, from my experience: Using 8 SAT fast units typically leaves 1 or 2 moving on first round without attacking anything (unless opposing fast units are out there, too). At 7000% attack (comparable attacker defense???), I'd expect to see maybe at least 5 to 8 separate attacks, with troop losses, before needing to replenish troops. But, i don't have 7000% att att/def to test that.

I do have 3700/4800 and will set-up 8 sat fast units at reset and run them until they lose to see how many rounds they'll last before replacing units. I actually run 6 sat fast and 2 sajm fast, to be sure all units hit someone on first round. I'll test that set-up right after, with no camp support, and see how far they go before a loss...

No sense waiting til reset...just tested 8 SAT fast units and 6 SAT/2 SAJM fast units against various hoodie defenses, autoattack, no replacements (remaining unit damage is shown):

8 SAT fast:
1. vs 2144/1668 64/80
2. vs 538/931 61/80 (vs 6 sajm)
3. vs 557/1153 52/80
4. vs 303/2162 40/80
5. vs 977/1147 9/80 (4 sajm range/4 rogue)

That's 5 straight vicrories at 3700/4800, no replacements.

6 SAT/2SAJM fast:
1. 981/1015 72/80 (mix of sat/sajm/2 rogue)
2. 292/452 52/80 (4 sajm range/4 rogue)
3. 478/648 45/80
4. 445/1363 22/80 (8 sajm fast)
5. 829/1080 0/80 (8 sat champion 10/80)

4 straight victories and while I'd have normally replaced units after 22/80, i let 2.2 units fight 8 healthy sat champions and still left them with only 1 unit.

This is why I'm scratching my head about someone with 7000% att having to keep replacing units against ZERO attack penalty...are they at 7000/0???

Of note, the 4 sajm ranged (bloody harpoons!)/4 rogues, in both tests, caused more damage. We don't see 4 AI rogues in defense, so I'd expect even more rounds of success with 7k att...what am I missing???

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

I would say the 7000 is a secondhand story of a claim by somebody else... Not even good hearsay. So I will pass on any judgement other than to say it's just one more online hard to believe story... I'm in the mid 3000's attack and attack defense,in all three cities and from the experience so far raising boost, 4K will do the job again..
also...
I have to say my experience every time moving to a new Era the going is tougher than it seemed previously, but after a few months it seems to settle down.
Strange as it reads, I find doing some manual battles helps make autobattle go better.. And doing manual battles in all areas, and doing so many times over the weeks, Hood attack, PvP GE and GbG.. Particularly at the point we are at now. several weeks into the new Era seems to me to make the autobattle (slightly.. no miracles) less of a problem.

Last edited:

85gt

I think they made these changes to slow down the farmers. Players are getting more resources than INNO intended and not spending as much on the game.
It's all about keeping the profit margin they want.
It was the wrong way to do it, but Inno never does the right choice to get something done, changing out troops every fight kills any rhythm I used to have. Not at all any fun when I nearly get beat by someone that has not put nearly as much into the game as I have. Spend money to better my fight ability and Inno comes along and wipes it out. Why bother bettering your fight ability

Sharmon the Impaler

It was the wrong way to do it, but Inno never does the right choice to get something done, changing out troops every fight kills any rhythm I used to have. Not at all any fun when I nearly get beat by someone that has not put nearly as much into the game as I have. Spend money to better my fight ability and Inno comes along and wipes it out. Why bother bettering your fight ability
It's not Inno , they have nothing to do with it now. Inno is owned by MTG , an investment consortium not a gaming company. They will bleed it dry like all investment consortiums do across all industries and the last thing they are concerned about is the players enjoyment of the game.

Pericles the Lion

It's not Inno , they have nothing to do with it now. Inno is owned by MTG , an investment consortium not a gaming company. They will bleed it dry like all investment consortiums do across all industries and the last thing they are concerned about is the players enjoyment of the game.
"Investment consortiums"? You mean companies like Berkshire Hathaway? :p