• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Crystal Villa Rebalancing Feedback

DeletedUser8420

This is utter non-sense. Do you not even take time to test stuff before you release it? I mean c'mon, how hard is it to throw it on a calc (4,550/4/3=379~) to see how good the building is? You didn't think players would take advantage of that to the max? I now have 22 of these and spent days re-organizing my city to maximize the output, as is the whole purpose of the game.. Now you're saying I have to undo YOUR MISTAKE?! That's 32,780 Population I have to find somewhere, with no room left.. Greattttttt.. I think I'm gonna do what #13 suggests and not do anything..

P.S. I've been playing this game for years and never found a reason to sign-up for a Forum account until this crap.. Get your game in order Inno or I predict a mass exodus~

HUMMM wonder what would happen if people allow their pops to go negative???? I mean it is the DEVS' FAULT FOR THIS SNAFU, not the players.

DeletedUser10875

Wow, that's very bad news. What are we gona do now? We 're using crystal villas to keep our guild's Arctic Future treasury goods...
I don't want to offend, but I think that's just bad management

DeletedUser8420

I know, if only we were all so perfect as you :)
If I had made as many mistakes as the devs have recently ....waited as long as they did before correction....any company would have canned me long ago....so not being perfect isn't the bite, it is their seemingly ongoing incompetence of allowing things that are questioned in beta to go live and then realizing that in deed they are wrong to ner'f something once again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28224

I don't recall a business ever treating me with as much contempt as Inno is treating me now.

Let's recap:
1. Inno created a building that it now considers "too good"
2. Inno's QA didn't catch it
3. Inno's Beta didn't catch it
4. Rather than own the cost of the mistake (like a business that values its customer would do), Inno now expects me to pay the costs for their mistake with my time.

I can't change Inno's mind but I still choose how to spend my time and money. Their actions just made my decision pretty dang easy.

DeletedUser8420

This should have been announced as soon as the change was made on beta. That is the biggest error here.
The biggest error is letting it go live in the first place. It should have been corrected there before ever coming in world.

DeletedUser14197

I know, if only we were all so perfect as you :)

I guess we should consider the source when we read a comment such as this. No one is saying inno has to be perfect. Perfection was never the problem. Opening the feedback late is a small mistake. Course they start feedback early on some things before one even has had a chance to know if it is good or bad. The crystal villa a huge mistake that could have easily been avoided and should never have happened in the first place. It doesn't take a genius to know the building is too good. Also, it is one of MANY mistakes and most of INNOS mistakes end up inconveniencing the players alot. I am not seeing how INNO is paying the price for their mistakes. They seem to expect the players to take the bulk of it. If they actually had to take the consequences of their mistakes, maybe they would start being a little more careful and would quit sending things live that have no business coming here.

DeletedUser8420

I don't recall a business ever treating me with as much contempt as Inno is treating me now.

Let's recap:
1. Inno created a building that it now considers "too good"
2. Inno's QA didn't catch it
3. Inno's Beta didn't catch it
4. Rather than own the cost of the mistake (like a business that values its customer would do), Inno now expects me to pay the costs for their mistake with my time.

I can't change Inno's mind but I still choose how to spend my time and money. Their actions just made my decision pretty dang easy.
Actually several have said it was caught in Beta but they brought it over to live world anyway. Now after a couple of months they are correcting their "mistake" .

DeletedUser8152

I guess we should consider the source when we read a comment such as this. No one is saying inno has to be perfect. Perfection was never the problem. Opening the feedback late is a small mistake. Course they start feedback early on some things before one even has had a chance to know if it is good or bad. The crystal villa a huge mistake that could have easily been avoided and should never have happened in the first place. It doesn't take a genius to know the building is too good. Also, it is one of MANY mistakes and most of INNOS mistakes end up inconveniencing the players alot. I am not seeing how INNO is paying the price for their mistakes. They seem to expect the players to take the bulk of it. If they actually had to take the consequences of their mistakes, maybe they would start being a little more careful and would quit sending things live that have no business coming here.
I understand your frustration. But note that you are attributing everything you are unhappy with to the faceless entity "Inno." I don't know the circumstances at Inno that led to the CV fiasco. And while it was a bad mistake, I'm disinclined to judge without knowing the circumstances. But as for the feedback thread, that was just Panacea. I can assure you that she had nothing to do with the CV issue. She has a face and is part of the community here. If you feel she needs to be held responsible for everything that Inno does wrong, so be it, but I would argue for a more nuanced approach.

TroyEdward

The more I have thought about this, the ANGRIER and MORE FRUSTRATED, I have become. Why are we SO FOCUSED on the VERY SLIGHT INEQUITY of this one stinking residential building?

The very TOP PLAYERS in each world have once again capitalized on the Great Building exploits to make this entire game not worth playing. We have players who have turned their entire city into Crystal Flowers surrounded by GBs that EACH GREAT BUILDING is currently at levels 78 and ABOVE - with blueprints unlocking level 2500 or more. They are getting from 200 or MORE Forge Points a day just in GB revenue, that they re-invest into each others GB and earn a 90%+ return, that they re-invest - so they have an unbeatable Attack and Fierce Resistance Defense Bonuses, An unimaginable Forge Point Revenue, 200 % Quest Reward Boost and So On and So On.

BUT NO - WE ARE MORE WORRIED ABOUT REBALANCING A STUPID HOUSE!!!!!!!

OUTRAGEOUS!

Last edited:

DeletedUser8420

I understand your frustration. But note that you are attributing everything you are unhappy with to the faceless entity "Inno." I don't know the circumstances at Inno that led to the CV fiasco. And while it was a bad mistake, I'm disinclined to judge without knowing the circumstances. But as for the feedback thread, that was just Panacea. I can assure you that she had nothing to do with the CV issue. She has a face and is part of the community here. If you feel she needs to be held responsible for everything that Inno does wrong, so be it, but I would argue for a more nuanced approach.

Its not that she is at fault for everything, but seems to be a symptom for the recent ongoing problems. But I will apologize for taking my frustration out on Panacea...

The more I have thought about this, the ANGRIER and MORE FRUSTRATED, I have become. Why are we SO FOCUSED on the VERY SLIGHT INEQUITY of this one stinking residential building?

The very TOP PLAYERS in each world have once again capitalized on the Great Building exploits to make this entire game not worth playing. We have players who have turned their entire city into Crystal Flowers surrounded by GBs that EACH GREAT BUILDING is currently at levels 78 and ABOVE - with blueprints unlocking level 2500 or more. They are getting from 200 or MORE Forge Points a day just in GB revenue, that they re-invest into each others GB and earn a 90%+ return, that they re-invest - so they have an unbeatable Attack and Fierce Resistance Defense Bonuses, An unimaginable Forge Point Revenue, 200 % Quest Reward Boost and So On and So On.

BUT NO - WE ARE MORE WORRIED ABOUT REBALANCING A STUPID HOUSE!!!!!!!

OUTRAGEOUS!

Again it is not just a stupid house, it is the seemingly continuous mistakes that are brought here from Beta to live and allowed to go on in world live for months at a time only to have it announced "OOOPS we goofed sorry but now we need to correct, sorry if it causes you any inconvenience but you need to" redo, rebalance, relearn and thus goes another INNO mistake that was "noted in Beta and wasn't listen too". It would be different if this wasn't caught in Beta. But, beta players have noted these mistakes and they are still brought in world live. This is or so it seems happening more and more often. It is beginning to feel like this becoming some sort of game to see how much players will stand by and take.

Also remember those TOP PLAYERS have been playing for years and most have spent RL$ for those benefits. Yes, it is their choice to do so, but again remember if they didn't there would be NO GAME to play. Because I sincerely doubt that the devs would be doing this if they were not financially rewarded.

DeletedUser8420

I checked that one out, I also did a search there and found conversation which ....according to Beta players that INNO did know about this long ago and they were stating that INNO not informing live world about it was WRONG!!!

So thank you for helping solidify my position.

DeletedUser14197

Here is the deal. INNO makes a mistake and than tells the players they have to get ready for the building to be nerfed, which may be impossible for some to do without deleting buildings, which INNO thinks they should do. All becasue of their mistake. IF resources are not an issue, why don't they simply give them to us for free? Why do we buy buildings in the store, if it is no big deal for someone to have to sell them for INNOs mistake? IF INNO was dealing with it correctly, they would have said, this is our mistake. We will do whatever needs to be done to make it work. It isn't like these CVs were free either. Now maybe people won't want them. There were other solutions people brought up that would have been more considerate for the player. They could have left the ones people had alone and changed new ones. They could have given an expansion or 2 to help with rearranging. They could have given the seascrapers back before teh nerf, so people had them to use. The could give these player a number of store buildings, so that they could maybe store a number of storable buildings long enough to make room to rearrange, such as storing bazaars or oasis or champion retreats or wws, just to get them out of the way so they could rearrange and than put them back. They could simply sit down and brain storm until they come up with a solution that works for both parties. But, instead they chose to do something that is obviously hard on the player.

DeletedUser26965

according to Beta players that INNO did know about this long ago and they were stating that INNO not informing live world about it was WRONG
Not that I'm defending Inno on this but "long ago" is kind of a stretch, it was only three weeks, I mean it's not like the rail gun debacle or the over two year switch for GvG unit siege cost lol.

Nov 14 AF4 realeased on Beta
Dec 7th AF4 realeased on live
Dec 21 Crystal Villa rebalanced on Beta announced

DeletedUser8420

If the above person hadn't put a link to the beta conversation I would have half way thought perhaps they did this somewhat quickly, but NOW looking through the conversations over there, actually reading them...lol...INNO knew this LONG AGO and allowed it to go live. AS SOMEONE SUGGESTED ON BETA.... They could have/SHOULD HAVE sent out a message LIVE in world announcing when they first found the mistake that this would have to take place....but NOOOOOO....they allowed this to spin out of control in that players deleted buildings, shifted, rearranged, purchased new buildings that THEY KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO NERF...Then to say well this may cause your city to go negative pop so you will have to delete other buildings to bring your pop into balance is absurd...

THAT show a very deep LACK OF RESPECT FOR THE PLAYERS BY INNO.!!!!!

DeletedUser8420

Not that I'm defending Inno on this but "long ago" is kind of a stretch, it was only three weeks, I mean it's not like the rail gun debacle or the over two year switch for GvG unit siege cost lol.

Nov 14 AF4 realeased on Beta
Dec 7th AF4 realeased on live
Dec 21 Crystal Villa rebalanced on Beta announced
I have found IT was noted by Arianoff in FEEDBACK to INNO that the crystal villas were out of balance on NOV 17th... So they don't read their feed back on BETA??? if they do then they should have seen the problem way before ....as that is 2 MONTHS ago...

DeletedUser8420

If they did note then WHY RELEASE IT LIVE only to have to nerf it here too????
THEN they announce the rebalance DEC 21st on beta, WHY didn't they announce it here IMMEDIATELY that they were looking at rebalancing at that time? Keep people from wrecking their cities, possibly causing a future negative pop balance! WHY the "lag" between the times since they were in a hurry to put it live even though there were questions on it???

Last edited by a moderator: