• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Will Trump make FOE Great Again 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Look at the side opposing him. You NEVER seem the conservatives in this country act as such for the previous 8 years.
That is the most ignorant and false statement I have ever seen in my life. You are deluding yourself, and it is deliberate. Only hate could cloud a mind so completely.

plinker2

Your response shows rational thought escapes you. My statement stands. You cannot give examples of the conservatives even approaching any such actions as is occuring in the U.S. now. Please, keep up with the name calling and put downs. It is working SOOOOO well for the left right now.

DeletedUser23772

I think that trump isn't the perfect president in any means. I also don't believe that the world is going to end and that trump is literally hitler.

I think that trump is a playboy billionaire, who knew that there was a vacuum to fill in the nation for someone less PC. Also, I think for every hilariously dumb thing that he says-there are 100 more hilariously stupid articles made just to jump on the "make-trump-look-bad" bandwagon " ( "two scoops of ice cream", "golden shower gate" ect...). If the media keeps on reporting on unproven myths about trump-i highly doubt anyone will believe them when they report trump actually doing something very shady.

I think it's truly entertaining watching dems and republicans debate, it's like watching people arguing over sports.-one side is always right, while the other is always wrong.

Cheers.

DeletedUser

Your response shows rational thought escapes you. My statement stands. You cannot give examples of the conservatives even approaching any such actions as is occuring in the U.S. now. Please, keep up with the name calling and put downs. It is working SOOOOO well for the left right now.
What in the world are you talking about? The only "actions" that have taken place are the acts of Domestic Terrorism like what happened in Charlottesville last weekend, and those are being perpetrated by people identifying themselves with the "Make America Great Again" movement that Conservative Republican President Trump is leading.

DeletedUser23772

What in the world are you talking about? The only "actions" that have taken place are the acts of Domestic Terrorism like what happened in Charlottesville last weekend, and those are being perpetrated by people identifying themselves with the "Make America Great Again" movement that Conservative Republican President Trump is leading.

True, some of those people are the alt-right, racist, nazi's, sexist's are indeed part of the right that the left is portraying as the average trump supporter....but I hope you realize that the extremists on the left is just as bad (or worse). If you call this domestic terror-just look up on youtube some antifar rallies that call for destruction of america, or some the black bloc events that do the same. This of corse does not justify what happened in
Charlottesville... but they are called extremists for a reason and but it is not healthy to make up your mind without first looking at the other side's argument sir.

I think these people would have held this rally with or without trump as president to be honest.

I hope the earth swallows up both the left wing-extreamists and right-wing extremists groups as whole, though i would miss the entertainment of watching this <word deleted>.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

True, some of those people are the alt-right, racist, nazi's, sexist's are indeed part of the right that the left is portraying as the average trump supporter....but I hope you realize that the extremists on the left is just as bad (or worse). If you call this domestic terror-just look up on youtube some antifar rallies that call for destruction of america, or some the black bloc events that do the same. This of corse does not justify what happened in
Charlottesville... but they are called extremists for a reason and but it is not healthy to make up your mind without first looking at the other side's argument sir.

I think these people would have held this rally with or without trump as president to be honest.

I hope the earth swallows up both the left wing-extreamists and right-wing extremists groups as whole, though i would miss the entertainment of watching this autism.
You think it's entertaining that a nutjob rightwinger slammed a car into a group of protesters, killing a 32 year old woman and injuring dozens of others? That's just nauseating. And it has nothing to do with autism, which is a serious issue that millions of Americans deal with daily in their lives and the lives of their loved ones. You are a sick person.

DeletedUser23772

You think it's entertaining that a nutjob rightwinger slammed a car into a group of protesters, killing a 32 year old woman and injuring dozens of others? That's just nauseating. And it has nothing to do with autism, which is a serious issue that millions of Americans deal with daily in their lives and the lives of their loved ones. You are a sick person.

I don't find the violence and killing funny at all and that person should pay the price for his actions, but i do find the arguments these groups put forward hillarious. Anyhow, that's another problem i see these days....people thinking you can devalue your points simply by slating the person as immoral, sexist, bigoted etc....just because the person a immoral does not devalue there opinion. The opinion is more important to discuss than discussing whatever party has a right to that opinion.

DeletedUser

I don't find the violence and killing funny at all and that person should pay the price for his actions, but i do find the arguments these groups put forward hillarious. Anyhow, that's another problem i see these days....people thinking you can devalue your points simply by slating the person as immoral, sexist, bigoted etc....just because the person a immoral does not devalue there opinion. The opinion is more important to discuss than discussing whatever party has a right to that opinion.
This hogwash doesn't even deserve a reply.

DeletedUser23772

This hogwash doesn't even deserve a reply.

Perhaps not, but if you are trying to get a point across you should atleast try to put forth an argument. Just dismissing without a reason is not productive, if you need some help i can tell you some angles i would go for if i was in your position.

DeletedUser

This of corse does not justify what happened in
This entire country looked at the other side's argument back in the 1940s, there's nothing new in what they're espousing. Their endgame is utter extermination of anyone and everyone that doesn't fit into their mold, just as it was in 1940s Germany.

DeletedUser23772

This entire country looked at the other side's argument back in the 1940s, there's nothing new in what they're espousing. Their endgame is utter extermination of anyone and everyone that doesn't fit into their mold, just as it was in 1940s Germany.

First of, thanks for the reply stephen

Perhaps that was the ideology of some of protesters, i'm not denying that. I'm also not defending these protesters ideology (besides there right to express there opinion in a peaceful manner) what I am saying that cherry picking extremist groups from one side of the political spectrum or another and portraying them as the entirety of the other side as a whole is counter productive. You can't say that these people represent the right as a whole, as by that same train of thought you could pick any extremist group from the left and you could say that it would represent the left as a whole . You would have a problem saying that these people reposent trump either, sure these people on a large part did vote and support trump.....as he was there best option (though i would guess that many of them would have voted for anyone who leaned the most right in the election).....but as he has openly condemned these actions-you would be hard put to say that these people represent him.
I'm also trying to say is that by not looking into someone else's perspective because you assume they are already wrong you are putting yourself in a illusion.

For example, you say that "there's is nothing new in what they're exposing". Don't you see that as circular reasoning?, as by you not looking into their ideology you cannot tell if there is or is not anything new or not. There are good and bad ideas on both sides

The right and the left are not two separate entities . They are made up of crude representation of ideas and ideologies that push for many different things. Just because one, two, a hundred, a thousand of these things that on sides pushes turns out later to be misguided or completely wrong-does not mean that the entire side is likewise.

I could argue that this is the end goal of most extremist's group-to exterminate (or censor) everyone that does not fit into their mold...you are not only describing nazi and fascist extremist's, but many others on both sides. I could argue that is the goal of the "hate speech movement" is in way censorship, as anyone who expresses an unpopular opinion that can be deemed "offencive" (which is subjective), can be censored.

Thanks, I know that was a bit of a rant, sorry you had to read all of that

DeletedUser

First of, thanks for the reply stephen

Perhaps that was the ideology of some of protesters, i'm not denying that. I'm also not defending these protesters ideology (besides there right to express there opinion in a peaceful manner) what I am saying that cherry picking extremist groups from one side of the political spectrum or another and portraying them as the entirety of the other side as a whole is counter productive. You can't say that these people represent the right as a whole, as by that same train of thought you could pick any extremist group from the left and you could say that it would represent the left as a whole . You would have a problem saying that these people reposent trump either, sure these people on a large part did vote and support trump.....as he was there best option (though i would guess that many of them would have voted for anyone who leaned the most right in the election).....but as he has openly condemned these actions-you would be hard put to say that these people represent him.
I'm also trying to say is that by not looking into someone else's perspective because you assume they are already wrong you are putting yourself in a illusion.

For example, you say that "there's is nothing new in what they're exposing". Don't you see that as circular reasoning?, as by you not looking into their ideology you cannot tell if there is or is not anything new or not. There are good and bad ideas on both sides

The right and the left are not two separate entities . They are made up of crude representation of ideas and ideologies that push for many different things. Just because one, two, a hundred, a thousand of these things that on sides pushes turns out later to be misguided or completely wrong-does not mean that the entire side is likewise.

I could argue that this is the end goal of most extremist's group-to exterminate (or censor) everyone that does not fit into their mold...you are not only describing nazi and fascist extremist's, but many others on both sides. I could argue that is the goal of the "hate speech movement" is in way censorship, as anyone who expresses an unpopular opinion that can be deemed "offencive" (which is subjective), can be censored.

Thanks, I know that was a bit of a rant, sorry you had to read all of that
I don't remember ever saying that they represent the entirety of the right. So when I say that there is nothing new there, I'm referring to the white supremacists and neo-Nazis and alt-right. They are exactly the same as the Aryan nationalists, the Nazis of the 1940s (and 30s and 20s, for that matter). What the right does bear responsibility for is enabling them, specifically Trump. His rhetoric since he started his run for the Presidency has pandered to this element day after day after day. The rest of the right, the more moderate majority, bears responsibility for not holding Trump accountable for his words and actions. For not standing up and condemning the way he incited anger and violence in his supporters. All of that has led directly to where we are now with these domestic terrorists feeling emboldened enough to come out in the open. This is exactly the path that was taken in 1930s Germany. And, just like then, it is being pooh-poohed as nothing to really worry about by those who are blinded by their focus on other aspects of the Republican agenda, whether it be economic issues or nationalism or "moral" issues. By the time those Germans woke up to what was going on, it was too late for them to stop it. It took a coalition of world powers over 5 years of bloody conflict to put an end to it. Unfortunately, just like World War I did not end up being the "war to end all wars", World War II did not end up being the complete end to genocidal bigotry and hatred. We must be vigilant against this kind of hatred, because it doesn't stop when the first target is eradicated, that only fuels it. It eventually comes for everyone. One of the truest sayings ever uttered is this: "The only thing necessary for evil to flourish, is for good men to do nothing." So, faced with this upsurge in racially based hatred and violence, the question becomes: Do we do something about it now, or do we wait until it runs out of other targets and comes for us?

plinker2

How did Trump enable them? If you look, almost all of these gruops have been around for decades. Why was Oblamo not condeming the murder of ppoilce officers, BLM, and the hate gruops that were form on his watch? Nope, this dosen't float. Nice try, however.

DeletedUser23772

I don't remember ever saying that they represent the entirety of the right. So when I say that there is nothing new there, I'm referring to the white supremacists and neo-Nazis and alt-right. They are exactly the same as the Aryan nationalists, the Nazis of the 1940s (and 30s and 20s, for that matter). What the right does bear responsibility for is enabling them, specifically Trump. His rhetoric since he started his run for the Presidency has pandered to this element day after day after day. The rest of the right, the more moderate majority, bears responsibility for not holding Trump accountable for his words and actions. For not standing up and condemning the way he incited anger and violence in his supporters. All of that has led directly to where we are now with these domestic terrorists feeling emboldened enough to come out in the open. This is exactly the path that was taken in 1930s Germany. And, just like then, it is being pooh-poohed as nothing to really worry about by those who are blinded by their focus on other aspects of the Republican agenda, whether it be economic issues or nationalism or "moral" issues. By the time those Germans woke up to what was going on, it was too late for them to stop it. It took a coalition of world powers over 5 years of bloody conflict to put an end to it. Unfortunately, just like World War I did not end up being the "war to end all wars", World War II did not end up being the complete end to genocidal bigotry and hatred. We must be vigilant against this kind of hatred, because it doesn't stop when the first target is eradicated, that only fuels it. It eventually comes for everyone. One of the truest sayings ever uttered is this: "The only thing necessary for evil to flourish, is for good men to do nothing." So, faced with this upsurge in racially based hatred and violence, the question becomes: Do we do something about it now, or do we wait until it runs out of other targets and comes for us?

Sorry for taking so long to post a reply, I had other stuff to do
Well first off if I may ask, how has trump enabled neo-Nazis and alt-right, the kkk, nazies, and other groupa have been around for decades? Are you stating that just his act as becoming presidency is emboldening them (if so...how?) , or are you are referring to his speeches and action against immigration? you still have not stated how he has done these things. Please forgive me, but I don't understand your connection between hitler and trump. Hitler and his aryan supporters blamed a specific group of people for the economic troubles of the nation, and for losing ww1. Trump on the other hand, wants to limit immigration (i'm assuming this is what you are refering to, if not please correct me) legal and illegal. Trump supports a lot of stupid policies don't get me wrong-but i would like to know what policies he has supported that incite "hatred". If i am mistaken-the central right does indeed call him out when he is wrong. Much of the center right and the republican regularly disapproves of trump's policies. That being said, yes there is a part of the right that will defend trump at all costs...it's almost as half as big as the group on the left that will try to destroy trump at all costs. If i'm not mistaken, what led to the genocide in ww2 (from nazi germany) was the disregard and dismantling of the political system and the peoples rights by the nazi party. Hitler had many of his competitors killed, and with no competition he was able to take over germany as a whole and do whatever crazy thing he wanted. It is the right to hate, the right to express, the right to talk about issues that will stop things like this from ever happening again. The US is not in this sort of situation whatsoever for a movement such as germany experienced in the 1930's-40's in the first place, there is simply not the power the vacuum or a viable movement to evolve for this to happen.

DeletedUser

How did Trump enable them? If you look, almost all of these gruops have been around for decades. Why was Oblamo not condeming the murder of ppoilce officers, BLM, and the hate gruops that were form on his watch? Nope, this dosen't float. Nice try, however.
Sorry for taking so long to post a reply, I had other stuff to do
Well first off if I may ask, how has trump enabled neo-Nazis and alt-right, the kkk, nazies, and other groupa have been around for decades? Are you stating that just his act as becoming presidency is emboldening them (if so...how?) , or are you are referring to his speeches and action against immigration? you still have not stated how he has done these things. Please forgive me, but I don't understand your connection between hitler and trump. Hitler and his aryan supporters blamed a specific group of people for the economic troubles of the nation, and for losing ww1. Trump on the other hand, wants to limit immigration (i'm assuming this is what you are refering to, if not please correct me) legal and illegal. Trump supports a lot of stupid policies don't get me wrong-but i would like to know what policies he has supported that incite "hatred". If i am mistaken-the central right does indeed call him out when he is wrong. Much of the center right and the republican regularly disapproves of trump's policies. That being said, yes there is a part of the right that will defend trump at all costs...it's almost as half as big as the group on the left that will try to destroy trump at all costs. If i'm not mistaken, what led to the genocide in ww2 (from nazi germany) was the disregard and dismantling of the political system and the peoples rights by the nazi party. Hitler had many of his competitors killed, and with no competition he was able to take over germany as a whole and do whatever crazy thing he wanted. It is the right to hate, the right to express, the right to talk about issues that will stop things like this from ever happening again. The US is not in this sort of situation whatsoever for a movement such as germany experienced in the 1930's-40's in the first place, there is simply not the power the vacuum or a viable movement to evolve for this to happen.
You two (and millions of others) don't see the connection because you don't want to see it. You want to believe you are blameless in all this. Well you and the others that put Trump in power despite his rhetoric of bigotry and hate are not blameless. The violence in Charlottesville lays right at your doorstep if you helped put Trump in the White House. Anyone that watches and listens to what he has said for the last 2 years knows that he is responsible for the new boldness in these domestic terrorists. Sure, they've been around for decades, but they almost always hid in the shadows. And rarely did they resort to violence in the open, except in the deep south. Now, they unashamedly show their faces, because they think Trump is their messiah. They think that the millions who voted for Trump share their sick ideology. Hide your heads in the sand if you want. It won't help you when it's your turn for their twisted wrath.

DeletedUser

If i'm not mistaken, what led to the genocide in ww2 (from nazi germany) was the disregard and dismantling of the political system and the peoples rights by the nazi party. Hitler had many of his competitors killed, and with no competition he was able to take over germany as a whole and do whatever crazy thing he wanted.
That's not how he started out. He only did that stuff after he had maneuvered his way into a position of almost absolute power. He did the same things in the beginning that Trump has done. Appealed to false nationalism. Played on racial and religious prejudices. Denigrated and ate away at the power of a free press. Promised to make Germany great again, because "those others" had interfered with Germany's rightful place in the world. That too many Americans having little or no knowledge, or faulty knowledge, of history is part of why we're in this mess. And none of this is from the media's coverage. I see this because I have spent a lifetime finding out about history and paying attention to what was going on currently. I see the parallels. I see where this road ends...if we let it. We can't let it.

plinker2

I am a student of history, not to mention that one of my sister-in-laws was born and raised in Germany and is full-blooded German. You are wrong in so many ways. Look before he became involved in government. He was praised by minorities and women.
Now, if you remember properly, William J. Clinton signed NAFTA, sending manufactoring jobs out of the country. He said the U.S. was to become a "service-based" economy. The results were disasterous. Now, we have a POTUS that realizes we have to have a manufactoring base again. Mainly the urge to resist is the ones that have their hand stuck out and do not want to work. The drama continues to unfold. As the Russia debacle falls to pieces the good ole' "race card" is played once again. It will not last long. The people have spoken and they will have true change.

DeletedUser23772

You two (and millions of others) don't see the connection because you don't want to see it. You want to believe you are blameless in all this. Well you and the others that put Trump in power despite his rhetoric of bigotry and hate are not blameless. The violence in Charlottesville lays right at your doorstep if you helped put Trump in the White House. Anyone that watches and listens to what he has said for the last 2 years knows that he is responsible for the new boldness in these domestic terrorists. Sure, they've been around for decades, but they almost always hid in the shadows. And rarely did they resort to violence in the open, except in the deep south. Now, they unashamedly show their faces, because they think Trump is their messiah. They think that the millions who voted for Trump share their sick ideology. Hide your heads in the sand if you want. It won't help you when it's your turn for their twisted wrath.

First off, you have not answered any of my questions, you have also not provided a counter argument to any of my points.

You talk about the "they", you say that they "hide in the shadows".....sounds like every conspiracy ever made.
"Anyone that watches and listens to what he has said for the last 2 years knows that he is responsible for the new boldness in these domestic terrorists." Please, be more specific. Send me a video preferably and we can debate it.
Hide your heads in the sand if you want. It won't help you when it's your turn for their twisted wrath.
LOL, you have no idea how many people say that no matter what they believe, and everyone thinks that they "have the one true perspective in the world". Everyone thinks that they are in the group with there heads out of the sand "the true perspective of history".....and are the minority that sees the world how it really is. From communist, to capitalist, from left to right, from anarchist to authoritarian. You will even find the alt-right and nazi's say the same thing.

DeletedUser

Mustapha, Nine Magi, Ladyleader, Joshua, and most especially Plinker -- 'cause I know modding an Internet forum ain't exactly fun and prizes --

Did you watch his latest press conference? The one that was scheduled to be about infrastructure, and instead he started ranting...not metaphorically ranting, literally ranting, actually screaming...about how those swastika-flying, lawyer-murdering Nazis in Virginia weren't really all that bad? And all his staff standing around absolutely mortified in the background?

Someday this presidency is going to be over. (He still has to die like the rest of us mortals, if nothing else stops him.) And when that day comes, there's going to be a lot of people singing the polka. Even though I hardly know you, I don't want any of you to have to be one of them. Turn around. Stop doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.