• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser29295

When you write letters, you waste Precious Plunder Time.
He's trying to overwhelm you and put you off-balance.
Fall not for such simple Jedi Mind Tricks.
True Savage-Generals are not distracted.

Yes, but I must have patience. Because I can only visit him once every 24 hours, and I still have 2 more hours to go.

DeletedUser29295

Am I the only one not following what this poor guy is saying? I wouldn't waste my time on him if I were you

My Guild leader seems to think there is some sort of a "threat" mixed in there, but she was not sure because she wass laughing so hard the tears were messing up her vision.

DeletedUser26120

Someone got very lucky!

I went to plunder a city and palace was available so of course I click on it.

A pop up appears "You cannot plunder buildings that are still in production!"

Just missed it! He collected it in the split second between the time it took me to see and click. Very lucky indeed.

01311e9ea331a8feaefda9147fe2a3e4722824549ab48ab119f247d4161df1a4.jpg

DeletedUser30312

Someone got very lucky!

I went to plunder a city and palace was available so of course I click on it.

A pop up appears "You cannot plunder buildings that are still in production!"

Just missed it! He collected it in the split second between the time it took me to see and click. Very lucky indeed.

I've had people collect just as I was about to plunder. I hate that. :p

I wonder how many of them see the little notice that I just attacked and scramble to grab their stuff before I do.

DeletedUser26154

DeletedUser30312

At the very least, players should do this instead of flying through the tree:

• Get the basic buildings, primarily the houses, supply buildings, and culture buildings upgraded to the current age instead of sticking with stuff from several ages back. Roads are another thing to upgrade as well, though that's more of a luxury and a way to fill out the city's happiness. Don't buy diamond buildings, and don't get attached to ones that you might pick up in the GE. Stay current to maximize efficiency. These buildings, especially the houses and culture buildings can be replaced eventually by special buildings and GBs, but every age has a stock of basic buildings anyone can fall back on.
  • Develop a social network and participate in an active guild that matches the player's approach to the game. Having people who aid you on a regular basis keeps coins and supplies from being plundered, and also keeps your people happy and more productive. Some special buildings add an additional production on top of doubled production or happiness when motivated. Aid people in return, many neighbors won't attack you if you aid, and guilds and friends generally only keep active aiders around.
  • If you're going to run goods production only produce stuff that's boosted on your continent map, and only run production times for goods that are convenient for your real life schedules. Goods buildings cannot be motivated, and are a prime target for plunderers; if collecting on time isn't feasible don't rely on these buildings. Instead, use GBs and special buildings like the Oasis or Tribal Square for goods production.
  • Don't plant a building just because you won it in an event. Some special buildings are sub-par. Others may not really meet your needs. Buildings that are part of a set as well as multi-production buildings can't be motivated so they are always vulnerable to plunder, and their output isn't doubled. These are also high-value targets for plunderers, so if you can't collect on time, they should be avoided, especially set buildings which produce automatically. Set buildings also aren't worth building if you don't have most or all of the set, since you'll want the full benefits. Most special buildings don't upgrade automatically either, so when you level your city, they'll be less and less effective without using 1 Up or Renovation Kits on them.
  • Don't ignore defense. Two Spearfighters, a low number of defenders (less than 5), or a defense from 2 or more ages back is just asking to be attacked. Even if you don't want to fight, build some barracks to get defense troops and leave them on defense -- don't attack with them! Do some GE, pick up some unattached units, and use them for defense, and then you can get rid of your barracks if you don't want a standing army. You'll still encounter players who will attack you even if you defend, but many PvP players won't go after an actual attempt at defense.
Glossary of Plunderer's Language.

"Neighborhood shuffle" means...

View attachment 6896

Crop Rotation.

LOL. Yeah that's right. Just as planting the same thing over and over depletes the soil, having the same guy in the hood for weeks on end is bad for the plunderer. Either the neighbor wises up and gets harder to plunder, or he or she goes inactive and can't be attacked.

Anyway, with the Fall Event, I'm going to cut back on some of my plundering ways. Aiding and being aided by the hood gets me more apples which will profit me more in the event. Neighbors who don't aid and thus have a zero chance of planting an apple tree in my city will be attacked though. If they don't help me with the event, I'll find another way to make them useful. The attacks will begin 48 hours after the event start. (which seems to have been about 5 am locally, or at least I don't have apple trees from before then).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

You can still get an apple from aiding them even if they don't plant a tree in your city.

I'm thinking hard about whether I want to plunder this month - maybe only the targets I have a lot of success on.

Once hood rotates that's probably out of window, unless they freeze it for event.