• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Limited release of DC and incidents?

spnnr

I forgot to mention push accounts are illegal -thanks Forum Mod.Dursland

As for OP's incidents/DC topic still haven't been able to participate.

DeletedUser29623

Ah—Someone in our guild did that and our leader kicked them out

qaccy

Well, one of my guild mates on Parkog just got a Maharaja's Palace, so I think I'll keep my opinion of this being an unfair advantage, thank you very much.

Howso? Unless you happen to have other set pieces already lying around and you obtain one of the ones you're missing, set buildings on their own aren't very useful. An unlinked Palace only provides coins and you need at least 4 out of the 5-piece set to obtain a worthwhile collection from one. Otherwise it's essentially a 4x4 'nothing' in your city. Is that really an advantage? You're only looking at what the full set can provide, not the building itself...but you don't win entire sets at a time from DCs. By the time someone with this 'unfair advantage' earns an entire set from DCs, we'll all have started receiving them months prior and have been able to start earning prizes from them on our own. You don't honestly think people are going to be completing full sets in under a month, do you? I'm kind of looking down on your view here, but it really does seem outlandish to me.

DeletedUser28670

By Manda's statement the players with DCs can get about 100 FPs extra in a week.
That's ~15 extra FPs per day. Is that not an advantage for a new player?
15 FPs is 3 terrace farms, 15 SoKs, etc, that would take much longer to acculumate than just doing DCs every day.
15 extra fps a day is a great big boost for new players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freshmeboy

Muggs, are only NEW players getting the DC rollout...? That doesn't bother me at all...If anything, that would be the proper way to do this. They aren't vets in fierce competition with other guilds or hoods for pvp or gvg, they are noobs that can use every bit of help starting out. And they have little understanding of the game without them. I thought they were randomly selected from the population at large...which is not OK...

DeletedUser28670

Muggs, are only NEW players getting the DC rollout...? That doesn't bother me at all...If anything, that would be the proper way to do this. They aren't vets in fierce competition with other guilds or hoods for pvp or gvg, they are noobs that can use every bit of help starting out. And they have little understanding of the game without them. I thought they were randomly selected from the population at large...which is not OK...
Never mind that statement lol, read Manda's post wrong :p

DeletedUser

Howso? Unless you happen to have other set pieces already lying around and you obtain one of the ones you're missing, set buildings on their own aren't very useful. An unlinked Palace only provides coins and you need at least 4 out of the 5-piece set to obtain a worthwhile collection from one. Otherwise it's essentially a 4x4 'nothing' in your city. Is that really an advantage? You're only looking at what the full set can provide, not the building itself...but you don't win entire sets at a time from DCs. By the time someone with this 'unfair advantage' earns an entire set from DCs, we'll all have started receiving them months prior and have been able to start earning prizes from them on our own. You don't honestly think people are going to be completing full sets in under a month, do you? I'm kind of looking down on your view here, but it really does seem outlandish to me.
I get the feeling that if we showed a video of someone getting a level 50 Arc from a Daily Challenge, you would find some way to say it wasn't an advantage. There is nothing outlandish to some people getting Event buildings and dozens of Forge Points, and who knows what else, while other people get nothing...nada...zilch. It's an unfair advantage, no matter how you may try to spin it.

DeletedUser29623

I have the full palace set, and if I won another palace, I’d clap it on to the side of the two side pieces, fwiw. I’m not really upset that I don’t have this yet, as I’m not super competitive about FoE, but I would like a shot at even just incidents sometime soon. Been assuming that they were waiting until after the fall event to add something that significant.

DeletedUser27889

I didn't mean to imply that I had any information about who is getting the DC's. I was just comparing what 100 FP would mean to a new player VS his neighbor. The one player from my world who has them is EMA. We just barely have enough info to show they are on live, we don't have any about their selection process. As for if it were new players it wouldn't matter, tell that to the other new players. Something doesn't have to directly impact you specifically to concern you.

Currently on the US live server we have 4 different versions of the game being played, one with no DCs no incidents, one with incidents no DCs, one with no incidents and DCs and one with DCs and incidents. Shouldn't players have a right to expect they are playing the same version of the game as the neighbors they are competing against?

DeletedUser

Incidentally, I'd been wondering what happened to the people from the shipwrecks and the S.O.S. on the beach, but I've figured it out. They're the people wandering aimlessly up and down my city's streets. :p

DeletedUser4441

We're constantly working on improving the game and we make a lot of adjustments aimed at improving the overall playing experience. Sometimes these changes touch the availability of certain parts of the game or the way they work. This means that sometimes there can be slight differences between accounts in various aspects of the game. These differences tend to be temporary, and eventually get evened out.
This appears to be the case in this situation.
Thank you for your understanding!

DeletedUser26965

Incidentally, I'd been wondering what happened to the people from the shipwrecks and the S.O.S. on the beach, but I've figured it out. They're the people wandering aimlessly up and down my city's streets. :p
I love the one right next my Arctic Harbor, it's like dude, just follow the sailors up to town lol.

DeletedUser15539

I first heard about the limited rollout of the Incidents in the Announcement posted on August 23, when we were told "Gathering data will take at least two to three weeks". Now if I overran a check date at work by 81% its safe to assume my supervisor would have already had a few choice words for me. If you believe that "actions speak louder than words", then INNO has demonstrated how they feel about the Players through how they have handled the Incident rollout.

DeletedUser27889

We're constantly working on improving the game and we make a lot of adjustments aimed at improving the overall playing experience. Sometimes these changes touch the availability of certain parts of the game or the way they work. This means that sometimes there can be slight differences between accounts in various aspects of the game. These differences tend to be temporary, and eventually get evened out.
This appears to be the case in this situation.
Thank you for your understanding!
I guess this is as close as we're going to get to a confirmation from a rep that DCs are in limited release on US live. It's a shame they don't understand that being shady and not telling us straight out makes an already bad appearance even worse. I mean no disrespect to you Sgt. Bothari, I'm sure you've told us what you are allowed to tell us and it's great to see more CM/CCM presence on the boards. I do hope if you're able to that you will pass the concerns raised here up. I doubt that it would make any difference, the same complaint has been raised by players the world over at this point and they have continued.

DeletedUser4441

I play on Beta. I find it useful to help me keep ahead of the curve on whats coming and what might be a possible issue for players seeking assistance from support. I am sorry, but some of you make DC out like players are getting FP and event buildings at every other click of the mouse. I have had the Maharaja set chest 4 or 5 times now on beta that I was actually able to complete the day and take the chest. So far all my effort has gained me is the 55% chance win of 10 FP (no buildings for you /soupnazivoice). when it first started you had to get the 7 dailies without failing. I got to 6 of 7 and failed, reset to 0 :( They listened to feedback, now you get +1 for completion, -1 for failing, you can never get to 6 and wipe anymore. The challenges themselves are evolving based on feedback and data collected from all sources. I encourage all of you to go play on Beta. The more data that is collected there the more polished things are before they come to live server. Expanded testing is something that helps, it is here. It will always be a possibility to get the data the developers need.

qaccy

I get the feeling that if we showed a video of someone getting a level 50 Arc from a Daily Challenge, you would find some way to say it wasn't an advantage. There is nothing outlandish to some people getting Event buildings and dozens of Forge Points, and who knows what else, while other people get nothing...nada...zilch. It's an unfair advantage, no matter how you may try to spin it.

I'm not really saying it's not an 'unfair advantage', I'm stressing that it's really not that big of a deal to complain about. Think of how long it takes to make it to the end of the research tree, or how long some of us have been playing the game. When you're talking about a game some of us have been playing for years, that's possible to play for years, why is a couple weeks such a huge deal? Hint: It's not. As I originally said, this is being blown out of proportion. I've collected over 26,000 FP on my bar since I started playing, just from the hourly timer. Do I care if I'm missing out on whatever middling amount it's possible to get per week from DCs until I have them unlocked for myself? No. Why would I? Why do you? DCs are not game-breakingly rewarding. By the way, a level 50 Arc is, so that kinda just continues to feed into my belief that you're making a pretty outlandish argument here if you consider DC rewards on-par with one of the most powerful GB bonuses in the game.

DeletedUser26965

I'm not really saying it's not an 'unfair advantage', I'm stressing that it's really not that big of a deal to complain about. Think of how long it takes to make it to the end of the research tree, or how long some of us have been playing the game. When you're talking about a game some of us have been playing for years, that's possible to play for years, why is a couple weeks such a huge deal? Hint: It's not. As I originally said, this is being blown out of proportion. I've collected over 26,000 FP on my bar since I started playing, just from the hourly timer. Do I care if I'm missing out on whatever middling amount it's possible to get per week from DCs until I have them unlocked for myself? No. Why would I? Why do you? DCs are not game-breakingly rewarding. By the way, a level 50 Arc is, so that kinda just continues to feed into my belief that you're making a pretty outlandish argument here if you consider DC rewards on-par with one of the most powerful GB bonuses in the game.
Hmm, interesting, see, it's relative, sure to the overall and taken as a whole it's nothing, to long time players who have it all it's nothing however I think to some of the others it is something, what kind of range we could attach to that could surely be debateable but if we're all in the big rat race to have the most, get the most, be the most etc, then it seems to me it stands to reason those who currently have DC over "some" of those who currently do not will have an advantage to the degree DC provides them with over those "others", they will always to some be that much ahead, whatever "that much" may be is impossible to quantify as we don't have access to that kind of data. Of course others may pull ahead of that advantage later in their game life but that doesn't remove the fact that they were once behind because of lack of access to a feature the other guy had.

DeletedUser

By the way, a level 50 Arc is, so that kinda just continues to feed into my belief that you're making a pretty outlandish argument here if you consider DC rewards on-par with one of the most powerful GB bonuses in the game.
I was using exaggeration to make a point. I'm surprised you didn't get that. Or maybe I'm not, since you keep making the same argument by basically saying, "Is not!"