• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event - upgrade kits

ffblackice

Looks like If I completed all the quest, only can upgrade to level 4, total is level 11, how to get other upgrade kits?

ffblackice

Thanks, how many scrolls are needed in order to upgrade to top level? or just complete quests? It is the first time I encounter an event.

Captain Christian

To be honest, I do not know. I just caught the tail end of the Halloween event when I started playing, and I think that was pretty similar. Also, there is an official wiki, but that doesn't seem to be of much help usually.
EDIT: Here is the official link.

Last edited by a moderator:

ffblackice

Ok, thanks, by looking though the event, kind of getting it, I think the scrolls are used in the mini game, likely nothing to do with completing the quests, complete quests also collect scrolls for the mini game, what do you think?

WinnerGR

Ok, thanks, by looking though the event, kind of getting it, I think the scrolls are used in the mini game, likely nothing to do with completing the quests, complete quests also collect scrolls for the mini game, what do you think?
The scrolls are used to buy tools which are used to find these in the sand which contains several prizes and rewards of interest to the player. There are 5 kinds of prizes which are found from the sand :

• Golden Idols- They contribute to the Grand Prize total. The player needs to collect 20 such idols in order to obtain the grand prize.
  • Vases and Urns- They are like the chests of other events. Different vases contain different items and there are different chances of winning these items.
  • Tablets- Once collected they go to the Museum, where you can then open up a series of mini quests to win more rewards & Scrolls. Finish all 8 different Tablets once and collect the Historians Reward. For each additional full set collected you will receive more Tools.
  • Tools- Individual tools, i.e. Brush, Shovel and Dynamite may be also obtained from the sands.
  • Portraits from previous events
The best tools package to buy is the 20 Brushes + 8 Shovels + 8 Dynamite for 395 Scrolls though in the Halloween Event I often bought the second most expensive package which in this event is 7 Brushes + 3 Shovels + 2 Dynamite for 195 Scrolls .

In the Halloween Event I never bough any individual tools and that is the strategy I will be taking again this event.

Last edited:

Captain Christian

Yeah, and you use the scrolls to buy tools. Make sure to only buy the most cost-effecient tools when possible. Also, it may be better to wait until a day with a daily special you really want.

ffblackice

Sidetrack question, on Wiki, Airship level 11 does not have the "Base Production is doubled when motivated. Can be plundered when not motivated" statement, does it mean it can not be plundered at level 11?

Agent327

Sidetrack question, on Wiki, Airship level 11 does not have the "Base Production is doubled when motivated. Can be plundered when not motivated" statement, does it mean it can not be plundered at level 11?

It can be plundered, but chance of it happening is highly unlikely. Very close to 0%.

aghiv

To be honest, I do not know. I just caught the tail end of the Halloween event when I started playing, and I think that was pretty similar. Also, there is an official wiki, but that doesn't seem to be of much help usually.
EDIT: Here is the official link.
Legend speaks of....another. The wiki that shall not be named.

DeletedUser46792

Here's the general strategy for the event:
  • Only buy the largest tool package
  • Don't uncover every tile, especially if it is empty
  • Go for idols mostly, try to ignore vases
  • If you see a tablet you don't yet have, get it, as you want the reward for completing all the tablets.
How would you know it was empty unless you uncovered it?? Or are the all partials?

Super Catanian

How would you know it was empty unless you uncovered it?? Or are the all partials?
I think he is talking about the tiles that are already exposed, but don't have anything in them. This is supported by the third bullet point, which is a reminder that it is not necessary to collect every single thing you see (Vases and some Clay Tablets), since your main focus should be the Idols.

ffblackice

If the scrolls have not been used up, can it be saved to next event? Or every event will start over again?