• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Favorite Way to Level GBs

What is your favorite way to level Gbs

• Self Leveling

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Swap Threads

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • 1.9 / 1.85 / other similar thread

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • Other (if there is another popular way lol)

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

Aggressor

I was just wondering how everybody prefers to level their GBs. Let me know if i missed any other major ways, or share you ideas

Kaijudo

I don't understand 1.9/1.85/1.8 threads. I could use FOE tools to display all the rewards everyone will get, but I have to put my own FP in there first.

How do you get people to just throw their FP on your GB?

Aggressor

The foe tools should tell you how many are needed to secure each spot on the chart below where you enter all of the information. It should show you how many forge points it takes to secure the sport in red, and then as you add forge points, you log it and then it will tell you in red how many more to place on the gb. The numbers will turn green when you have paced enough, and then you make sure the 5th place spot is green and you put it on the thread. People will then go in and contribute 1.9 times the forge point reward. I hope that helps.
I don't understand 1.9/1.85/1.8 threads. I could use FOE tools to display all the rewards everyone will get, but I have to put my own FP in there first.

DreadfulCadillac

Someone explain 1.9 to him im to damn tired.
Anyway, 1.9 is the MOST efficient way to ll you rgb when you think about it critically.

DevaCat

You will get more answers in that other thread you started. Short answer? You don't. If you don't want to invest at least something into your GBs, you have picked the wrong game.

Lankybrit

Swap threads are probably the best, but I never remember to do that before I contribute to self leveling, so it's self leveling for me.

DevaCat

For leveling my own, once I can afford to lock investor positions it's 1.9 all the way. Much faster than relying on swaps.

For my own at levels too low/expensive for me to take them to a 1.9, a combination of self leveling and swaps, though I detest swaps. Way too many games going on in those things. Probably the most efficient at lower levels would be a small private swap group, especially when you're working with limited FP incomes. I did that with an Arc for several levels until I could afford to get into a 1.x thread.

DreadfulCadillac

For leveling my own, once I can afford to lock investor positions it's 1.9 all the way. Much faster than relying on swaps.

For my own at levels too low/expensive for me to take them to a 1.9, a combination of self leveling and swaps, though I detest swaps. Way too many games going on in those things. Probably the most efficient at lower levels would be a small private swap group, especially when you're working with limited FP incomes. I did that with an Arc for several levels until I could afford to get into a 1.x thread.
I mean i definitely did not LEGALLY snipe a guild member through the swap because someone posted the gb in enough threads for me to be able to snipe them, but i was doing it legally and posting my own gb after....(nervous laughter)
No way! (yeah so i uhh have definitely done this)
Me experimenting with using swap threads to prime 1.9 spots? What do you take me as? a CRIMINAL? this is all legal.
AND why i don't use swap threads often. Too much abuse is possible

The Lady Redneck

I tend to do a mixture of all three. Mainly level on guild threads with me adding some as well. But if I decide to push a GB I do it on the threads until the GB is high enough so that the top 2 spots are secure at 1.9. Once those are loaded I finish it off on the threads.

DevaCat

I mean i definitely did not LEGALLY snipe a guild member through the swap because someone posted the gb in enough threads for me to be able to snipe them, but i was doing it legally and posting my own gb after....(nervous laughter)
No way! (yeah so i uhh have definitely done this)
Me experimenting with using swap threads to prime 1.9 spots? What do you take me as? a CRIMINAL? this is all legal.
AND why i don't use swap threads often. Too much abuse is possible
Lol, I think I hear a siren, the Forge Police are on the prowl!

But yeah, too many games in swaps for me. You see a higher level guild, open-join, a lot of high RP members and a smaller mix of lower RP and completely new players, watch out.

= High RP player putting a higher level GB in the 5, 10, 20 swaps, till primed then moving it to the 1.9, all positions taken by investors, and the clueless sheep get shorn.

= Players who keep their GB in play in the swaps, attracting the little guys who think they have a shot at a reward spot if they keep putting fps in every time they see it. Problem is that the player has an arrangement with a buddy or buddies waiting for him to put it into the 100 FP swap, he does and suddenly it's quickly leveled and the little guys watch their slow investment go poof. The sheep don't realize it's a lousy way to try to get a reward, don't understand what locking a spot means, and have ridiculous dreams of taking a top spot on a higher level GB (without the means to do so). And they get shorn. And come here to complain about it being unfair. ;)

"But we need a 100 point swap thread. We're bringing in so many FP a day we need some place to put it." Oh yas, I hear clippers.

= And then there are the denizens of the swaps, those whose game seems to be hovering 24/7 over the multiple threads waiting to pounce on the unwary with a well-placed snipe. The shaved unwary might well object, but is met with leadership stating that swap threads are for leveling, if you want a spot you better lock it, nothing to see here, move along. So old sheep shuffle off and fresh young lambs enter stage right.

I've actually been in a guild with all that, but thankfully not all guilds -- or players -- are like that. Depends on character. A swap can be a really good place to work on levels IF in the right guild and higher level players really want to help.

Did I mention I don't like swaps?

DreadfulCadillac

Lol, I think I hear a siren, the Forge Police are on the prowl!

But yeah, too many games in swaps for me. You see a higher level guild, open-join, a lot of high RP members and a smaller mix of lower RP and completely new players, watch out.

= High RP player putting a higher level GB in the 5, 10, 20 swaps, till primed then moving it to the 1.9, all positions taken by investors, and the clueless sheep get shorn.

= Players who keep their GB in play in the swaps, attracting the little guys who think they have a shot at a reward spot if they keep putting fps in every time they see it. Problem is that the player has an arrangement with a buddy or buddies waiting for him to put it into the 100 FP swap, he does and suddenly it's quickly leveled and the little guys watch their slow investment go poof. The sheep don't realize it's a lousy way to try to get a reward, don't understand what locking a spot means, and have ridiculous dreams of taking a top spot on a higher level GB (without the means to do so). And they get shorn. And come here to complain about it being unfair. ;)

"But we need a 100 point swap thread. We're bringing in so many FP a day we need some place to put it." Oh yas, I hear clippers.

= And then there are the denizens of the swaps, those whose game seems to be hovering 24/7 over the multiple threads waiting to pounce on the unwary with a well-placed snipe. The shaved unwary might well object, but is met with leadership stating that swap threads are for leveling, if you want a spot you better lock it, nothing to see here, move along. So old sheep shuffle off and fresh young lambs enter stage right.

I've actually been in a guild with all that, but thankfully not all guilds -- or players -- are like that. Depends on character. A swap can be a really good place to work on levels IF in the right guild and higher level players really want to help.

Did I mention I don't like swaps?
I only did it once FP police! WHAT!? 15 years in jail????
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
lol

The Lady Redneck

Just read the above few posts. I do not mind swap threads but I do watch them. But I am in the same guild in all my worlds except Beta and we have all played together for years So the threads go well and are fair. I was in a guild for a while where the threads were abused. So I just arranged private swaps.
when asked why I did not use the threads I said I was not there to feed the hogs.

-Sebastian-

I was just wondering how everybody prefers to level their GBs. Let me know if i missed any other major ways, or share you ideas

I don't like swaps, because I don't like competing with my friends and guildmates. I prefer 1.9 threads, because that way everyone knows what they're going to get, and everyone gets something, and no one loses. Plus, swap threads seem to cause more drama than 1.9 threads.

Super Catanian

I use mostly swap threads in the one Guild I'm in. In my other city, I rarely attack and mostly keep to myself, and I am placed in neighborhoods with similar players. Very often I can find self-levelers, allowing me to lock spots easily, sometimes right after collecting from my city (I only make around 100 FP from daily collections).