• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best Great Buildings Poll

If you could only build 3 Great Buildings, which would they be?

• Temple of Relics

• Statue of Zeus

• Lighthouse of Alexandria

• Castel del Monte

• Chateau Frontenac

• Alcatraz

• Cape Canaveral

• Innovation Tower

• The Arc

• Himeji Castle

Results are only viewable after voting.

WinnerGR

But then you couldn't do the relic hunt and I make most 1/4 of my FP profit there and 1/2 my goods profit.

--------------

I vote traz for units , CDM for att/def boost and FPs and ToR for relic hunt accsess.

qaccy

Having a limit of three GBs is really interesting to think about. In this scenario the Arc would still be unfortunately pretty much mandatory. After that, I'd include the Blue Galaxy for a late-game player due to how 'customizable' it can be. My third choice is a tough call but I think I'd give it to the Chateau.

I'd certainly have a tough time fighting without any GB support but the game's got so many non-GBs now that boost military and even provide units that I think it'd probably still be pretty manageable.

Just An Observer

My combo is Himeji Castle, Chateau Frontenac and the common LoA. So far it works well for cranking out goods in the recurring quests with hopes for more FP's and Medals later on. As a Negotiator, this group is good for that role.

Fighters will want another trio no doubt!

Sheriff Of Rottingham

1. Arc
  2. Traz
  3. CF (alternatives based on gameplay - Temple, Himeji, SC)
Anyone that isn't including "Arc and Traz" in their top 3 isn't considering life without them. Your advancement and what you can do is severely limited without the Arc and Alcatraz. As for the 3rd, the CF for me has the best benefits. But I can see an argument for another GB based on game-play. If you are already at the end game, and you always complete level 4 of GE, then maybe TR pays out better than boosted recurring quest rewards. And if you're at high levels - Himeji, or SC are in consideration for 3rd GB for their huge payouts.

All the other GBs pay out things that you either don't need, or would be useless under the 3 GB max scenario.
  • Medals - You don't need medals.
  • FPs - All the GBs combined that pay out FPs don't come close to the Arc along with your 3rd choice.
  • BPs - You don't need BP production. With only 3 GBs, you are getting all your prints from contributing to other people, and from your huge Arc boost. For example, my Arc is level 83, but I have enough prints to unlock like 400 levels.
  • Attack/Defense Boosts - You don't need defense boosts. It has been explained numerous times on here that space used for defensive boosts is better spent elsewhere. Attack boosts are useful, i agree. But you can get comparable attack boosts from all the special buildings. Not as much as GBs but not enough of a difference to warrant having them imo.

Last edited:

Freshmeboy

Hmmm..interesting concept. I'd change my gameplay style to a goods-centric style. Self leveling my ToR and LoA (if that's my only allowable goods GB) and Chat would mean no need for Arc. Make my gains in GE. I have actually seen players play like this..they do very well

Strictly from this list, Arc is necessary for how much your progress in game depends on its bonus. That said, my choices are:
1. Traz (hands down)
2. Zeus
3. CdM

HC is a close 4th for what it does. Even with the unpredictability of hitting chances, I personally like it much better than CF.

qaccy

@Sheriff of Rottingham I actually did consider Alcatraz and what not having it would mean. A lot less troops, obviously. But what impact does that actually have? I know for many the game is presented in a way that makes this pretty unbelievable, but fighting is actually completely optional. But even then, as I mentioned in my post, units can be obtained for 'free' from other sources and buildings. Enough to field a competent army for things like map battles and GE, at least. Not having Alcatraz probably means losing out on GvG and GBG, but one of those is all but dead (and provides no personal advancement) and the other can still be negotiated through for rewards, albeit more slowly.

I think I'm still satisfied with my choices. Though I'll add in that I considered the Seed Vault for 3rd over the Chateau. It's lazier/easier to use, but more expensive to acquire/level and has a lot less potential than what the Chateau's capable of so it got edged out!

Reese7990

I chose Arc, CdM and Traz.

Arc for obvious reasons.

Cdm because it will give me fps and attack.

Traz, because without all those other attack bonuses Im going to need lots of cannon fodder.

Goods will be attained through GE, gbg and special event buildings. Population and coins will also come through event buildings...so I believe I could live without the CF, though it would be hard.

Falconwing

Arc, Himeji, and Temple.

Arc, well duh gotta have an Arc, so it's really just a choice of two GB's.

Himeji, got to have the lotto tickets. Paid for it's self in a week. I regularly win more stuff from my HC than I do from finishing GE4. So just one choice really.

Temple of Relics. Yeah, negotiating sucks, but it's how we all used to beat GE when we couldn't fight any further and we can still do it. Especially since we have so many Goods producing Event Buildings available. I'd prefer a Spaceship, but that wasn't a choice.

I though of the Traz and CdM, but without the other attack GB's you're only getting so far with combat and you'd lose the Himeji lotto tickets to have both.