• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

RENO vs One Ups

Just An Observer

What differences are there between the two? The wiki here did not help as putting in each in the search box did not lead to an article on them. Instead all I saw was a string of articles about event buildings with those terms mentioned, thus the question.

Nicholas002

one up kit: upgrades an event building one age (cannot exceed current age)
renovation kit: upgrades event building to current age.

for example, if you are in SAAB, and you have a bronze age event building, a one up kit will make it a Iron age building, and a reno kit will make it a SAAB building.

that is why reno kits are considered more powerful

BAfromKC

I just tried to Level-up my Carceres from Lv-5, to Lv-6, but I thought my Reno. Kit would do it. So, when I clicked on it, then the Carceres, nothing happened. Except that my Reno Kit is gone. And they won't give it back!

Last edited by a moderator:

DevaCat

I just tried to Level-up my Carceres from Lv-5, to Lv-6, but I thought my Reno. Kit would do it. So, when I clicked on it, then the Carceres, nothing happened. Except that my Reno Kit is gone. And these greedy Batsudrs won't give it back!
Yeah, you just learned the difference between leveling up and aging up! ;)

BAfromKC

Yea, if these people weren't SO greedy, they'd have programmed it so if somebody tried, it simply wouldn't happen, i.e. "try a different Kit."

BAfromKC

Just like stated above: What differences are there between the two? The wiki here did not help as putting in each in the search box did not lead to an article on them. Instead all I saw was a string of articles about event buildings with those terms mentioned, thus the question.

DevaCat

one up kit: upgrades an event building one age (cannot exceed current age)
renovation kit: upgrades event building to current age.

for example, if you are in SAAB, and you have a bronze age event building, a one up kit will make it a Iron age building, and a reno kit will make it a SAAB building.

that is why reno kits are considered more powerful
True that. But a one up kit could be considered more flexible in the sense of being able to move up goods producers as needed vs all the way up to current age.

DevaCat

Just like stated above: What differences are there between the two? The wiki here did not help as putting in each in the search box did not lead to an article on them. Instead all I saw was a string of articles about event buildings with those terms mentioned, thus the question.
To upgrade the level of an event building you need a specific upgrade kit for that building. The one up and Reno kits move the age of the building up, not its level.

Agent327

I just tried to Level-up my Carceres from Lv-5, to Lv-6, but I thought my Reno. Kit would do it. So, when I clicked on it, then the Carceres, nothing happened. Except that my Reno Kit is gone. And they won't give it back!

Only way it can be gone is if you upgraded another building. Otherwise it just goes back to your inventory if you cancel it.

Emberguard

Yea, if these people weren't SO greedy, they'd have programmed it so if somebody tried, it simply wouldn't happen, i.e. "try a different Kit."
It already “simply wouldn’t happen”. If it’s an invalid action it won’t do anything. If it’s a valid action you get a popup informing on exactly what it’ll do and asking for a confirmation. You also have the description ingame when clicking on the item in inventory.

FB7F72D6-BE5F-454A-989D-28C3D12D010C.jpeg

61AAD282-9023-4705-94B1-E4724A7604D5.jpeg

C66CE963-9808-42B4-B4D7-5DC02AAE75CC.jpeg

F3961F54-6532-4AA7-A452-09C5E545AEBA.jpeg

Last edited:

BAfromKC

Only way it can be gone is if you upgraded another building. Otherwise it just goes back to your inventory if you cancel it.
It already “simply wouldn’t happen”. If it’s an invalid action it won’t do anything. If it’s a valid action you get a popup informing on exactly what it’ll do and asking for a confirmation. You also have the description ingame when clicking on the item in inventory.

BAfromKC

To upgrade the level of an event building you need a specific upgrade kit for that building. The one up and Reno kits move the age of the building up, not its level.
Nope, my Renovation Kit is Gone, not in inventory. And nothing happened to my Carceres Building... This is why I'm so mad.

Nicholas002