• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Governors Villa

Bubster922

Why is the governors villa producing troops that i can't produce from my own buildings. Mounted Braves are not something that a player can produce so why is the villa producing them?

BruteForceAttack

Why is the governors villa producing troops that i can't produce from my own buildings. Mounted Braves are not something that a player can produce so why is the villa producing them?

governors villa, Dojo, Bathhouse can produces special troops ..e.g. barbarians in ema... champs.... in your case mounted braves :)

Vger

Bud...turn the question around. What if someone asked why the governors villa doesn't produce Mounted Braves in INA? Wouldn't that be a bug?
Where in the description of Governor's Villa does it say it is limited to troops you can produce in buildings?

Nicholas002

Now the question is: "what do you do with all these Barbarians"?
2020-08-26 12_38_46-Forge of Empires.png

The only way they get strong at all is if some of them are killed. Otherwise they are very weak.
And if they get killed, they are only useful for 1 battle, so the fact that the villa produces 'special" units is a meh-ish bonus. I would much rather get normal troops.

Agent327

Now the question is: "what do you do with all these Barbarians"?
View attachment 16786

The only way they get strong at all is if some of them are killed. Otherwise they are very weak.
And if they get killed, they are only useful for 1 battle, so the fact that the villa produces 'special" units is a meh-ish bonus. I would much rather get normal troops.

You put them in your defence.

Agent327

interesting idea, but anyone who has fought the EMA bonus map will know how to beat them easily.
8 mounted archers in manual beats them without losses.

If you look at the number of players that have to ask how to beat them I wouldn't be so sure. A lot can not figure it out on their own and since in battle they look like berserkers, I think many will not even notice they are barbarians.

Nicholas002

If you look at the number of players that have to ask how to beat them I wouldn't be so sure. A lot can not figure it out on their own and since in battle they look like berserkers, I think many will not even notice they are barbarians.
Maybe.

btw, does anyone know why Stone Age units from the tutorial look identical to berserkers?

lazy artists?

EDIT: I don’t really mean that about lazy artists. The artwork in FoE is probably better than any other game.

Last edited:

Agent327

I think I saw somewhere mentioned that these are also barbarians, but with different stats ofcourse.

generalwoo

You put them in your defence.

I thought about doing that when I was in EMA. Has anyone tried using all Barbarians/Slingers in their defending army? My attackers almost always auto-battled with 2 armored infantry and 6 rogues. Wonder if they would've held up better than my mixed defense (1 color guard, 1 military drummer, 1 champion, 2 armored infantry, 3 catapults).

Mustapha00

I was a bit curious as to just what type of troops that the Villa created.

So is it ANY type from the Age you're in (including special troop types not generally available to the player) or just troops from your current Age that you have barracks-type buildings for?

Nicholas002

I was a bit curious as to just what type of troops that the Villa created.

So is it ANY type from the Age you're in (including special troop types not generally available to the player) or just troops from your current Age that you have barracks-type buildings for?
As you can see from my screenshot, and it’s description, it can produce any unit of your age including special units.

wolfhoundtoo

Just because they die doesn't make them useless..........and if you pair them with rogues you still get the benefit of the ability.

Nicholas002

Just because they die doesn't make them useless..........and if you pair them with rogues you still get the benefit of the ability.
Not totally useless. they are useful for exactly one battle.

if you pair them with rogues, you are putting your rogues in a situation where they have to die to be of use.
No way would I throw away my rogues like that.

IdrinkAlone

Different question about Governor's Villa....
I'm in EMA at level 9; if I progress to HMA and use a villa upgrade kit, does the Villa go to level 10 and HMA stats or what happens? I have lots of villa upgrade kits, but few One-Up/Renovation kits.